Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please post your favorite Beatles cover songs

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    OK heres the playlist... I have about 5 minutes to fill. The last 3 are required I play... I hate em.

beatles intro 0:50
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 1:51 The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Rain 8:38 Randy California
    I Don't Want to Spoil the Party 2:33 The Chicks
    Every Little Thing 5:42 Yes
    And Your Bird Can Sing 1:53 The Jam
    I Am the Walrus 6:24 Spooky Tooth
    Happiness Is a Warm Gun 3:23 Hartwick Pines
    Everybody's Got Something to Hide (Except Me and My Monkey) 4:06 The Feelies
    Tnk 4:15 Phil Manzanera and The Sound of Blue Band
    Concrete 3:34 Shame Concrete -
    Someplace 3:55 YAMANTAKA // SONIC TITAN
    Don't Go 2:51 Moaning Moaning

I will play these sunday afternoon from 1:00 - 2:00 Pacific time........ Here
    http://kwcwradio.tumblr.com/listen

Thanks And I would really like to download that "Mother natures son" by the member here. winter tree?

Leaves about minute spare.

I love this one....
    Still alive and well...

The Jimi Hendrix Experience did a great version of "Day Tripper" for the BBC, and it has been officially released. But I can't find it online. That would be a better choice than his version of "Pepper," IMO.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience did a great version of "Day Tripper" for the BBC, and it has been officially released. But I can't find it online. That would be a better choice than his version of "Pepper," IMO.
    found it on Itunes... gonna check it now.
    Still alive and well...

Todd Rudgren has 2 Beatle songs on his "Faithful" album but they are too much like the originals for me.
    Still alive and well...

Elton John’s Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

On the link, one of the comments below the video asks, "If you're going to do this....why not just write your own song?" But I rather like the fact that it is so different from the original. And, I was compelled to revisit the Beatles version, for which I gained a new appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by señormoment View Post
    On the link, one of the comments below the video asks, "If you're going to do this....why not just write your own song?" But I rather like the fact that it is so different from the original. And, I was compelled to revisit the Beatles version, for which I gained a new appreciation.

Yes , many of these cover songs actually pull the lyrics and meanings of these songs out to the fore, as opposed to just being a "beatles" song that we have heard over and over for 50 years.... And have heard like we hear a car going by.
    Still alive and well...

I want to apologize for not replying to the many Eleanor rigby suggestions... Im the odd man out when I say I dont like that song no matter who performs it.
    Still alive and well...