Thread: ***Jeff Beck SOLO Gigs 2018***

***Jeff Beck SOLO Gigs 2018***

July 21, 2018—Phoenix, AZ: Celebrity Theater (Jeff Beck solo)

July 26, 2018—Austin, TX: Moody Theater (Jeff Beck solo)

August 5, 2018—York, PA: Appell Center (Jeff Beck solo)

August 15, 2018—Port Chester, NY: Capitol Theatre (Jeff Beck solo)

Missed a chance to see him 20 years ago. Might be time to rectify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic333 View Post
    Missed a chance to see him 20 years ago. Might be time to rectify that.
    if you have the chance do so, he's effing brilliant!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    if you have the chance do so, he's effing brilliant!
    I saw Jeff Beck around 6 years ago. One of the top concerts I've seen in the last 10 years.

Yeah, Glad I saw him with BB King about 10 yrs. back (T Bozzio was on drums)
    G.A.S -aholic

I've (finally) seen him twice in the past couple of years. Still an absolute master of his craft.

I saw him with Santana, and as much as I like and was influenced by Carlos, Beck blew him off the stage.
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

The thing with Beck is he's so current, too. So its fresh if that makes any sense. He's not resting on his laurels just rehashing stuff he did twenty years ago. Even though he plays his classics, it still sounds super fresh. AND he ALWAYS has a kick ass band with him, too!

I assume Solo tour means with a band, not just him and his guitar(s)? Hope there will be more gigs announced. I saw the Loud Hailer tour in July of 2016. Some people dissed that album but the show was excellent. Singer Rosie Bones was much better live and he had 2 other singers as well. Buddy Guy was the opener and still bringing it.

I see Jeff Beck every chance I get, even when he was just the opener for Brian Wilson in 2013. Double bills with Santana in 1995 and with Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1989, I have boots of both those shows, but he hasn't visited my area except as an opener since then. I was in the Finger Lakes for the 2016 show.
    Last edited by Wah3; 04-04-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    I assume Solo tour means with a band, not just him and his guitar(s)?
    Yeah, odd subject line since Jeff Beck hasn't really been in a "band" since what, the Yardbirds? Ever since then, its been his group. But he is touring with a band and I think Paul Rodgers (Bad Company, Queen, Free) is singing. The show here in Cincy has Ann Wilson (Heart) opening up for them.

I saw Beck about 2-3 years ago and he was tremendous. For a guy who was around 70 at the time, he was every bit as good on guitar as in his younger days. Can't wait to see him again. I hope this time around he has a keyboard player. Last time it was with a second guitarist who didn't add as much as a keyboard player would.

I haven't seen him since about 2002 or 2003, but each of the four times I saw him, he was great. Definitely one of my favorites.

First saw him with Beck, Bogert and Appice billed as The Jeff Beck Group. He can do no wrong IMO. Greatest living rock guitarist and is so humble. Thanks for it all, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rapidfirerob; 04-10-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    First saw him with Beck, Bogart and Appice billed as The Jeff Beck Group. He can do no wrong IMO. Greatest living rock guitarist and is so humble. Thanks for it all, so far.
    I saw him first in 1989, when he toured with Stevie Ray Vaughan (about 9 months before SRV went home). I then saw him a couple times in 1999 and 2000, when he had the band with Jennifer Batten on second guitar. The last time I saw him, when he toured with BB King, he had reverted to, I think, the Guitar SHop trio. I can't remember if Bozzio was drumming, but I'm sure there the only bassist was Tony Hymas' left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I saw him first in 1989, when he toured with Stevie Ray Vaughan (about 9 months before SRV went home). I then saw him a couple times in 1999 and 2000, when he had the band with Jennifer Batten on second guitar. The last time I saw him, when he toured with BB King, he had reverted to, I think, the Guitar SHop trio. I can't remember if Bozzio was drumming, but I'm sure there the only bassist was Tony Hymas' left hand.
    Saw the SRV tour, once with Batten and Tal, once more with Smith on bass. No bass is sacrilege!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    No bass is sacrilege!
    Jimmy Smith and Ray Manzarek would argue against that logic, if they were still here to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Jimmy Smith and Ray Manzarek would argue against that logic, if they were still here to do so.
    Thats true, but they didn't have Tal Wilkenfeld or Rhonda Smith hangin' around either! That kinda spoils the idea of no bassist on stage!

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Thats true, but they didn't have Tal Wilkenfeld or Rhonda Smith hangin' around either! That kinda spoils the idea of no bassist on stage!
    Not really. If you can get a good bassist who wants to play with you, go with it. But if you got a keyboardist or a guitarist or whatever who can cover bass duties as well, go for it. You ever heard of The Black Keys? They seem to do pretty good without a bassist. And there's lots of Genesis stuff where Rutherford doesn't play a Fender bass either, just bass pedals (or sometimes, no bass at all), and it sounds just fine.

Found 3 More Solo Dates with Ann and Nils as the openers!!!!

July 21 - Phoenix, AZ - Celebrity Theater w Nils Lofgren
    Aug. 7 - Lewiston, NY - Art Park w/ Ann Wilson
    Aug. 20 - Vienna, VA - Wolftrap w/Ann Wilson

Pay no attention to the GuitarGeek! But seriously, I like some good keyboard bass and did a lot myself back in the 80s. Cameron Hawkins with FM and Stevie Wonder come to mind. But with Jeff Beck, I want a bass guitarist!

Last year's thread but it'll do. Anyone going to the reunion show with Rod Stewart at the Hollywood Bowl in a couple of days? (27/9/19)

Sweet!