Thread: Yes (ARW) 2018 50TH ANNIVERSARY USA TOUR

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Hey, you're very welcome here!
    Seconded!

here's one even for the Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    here's one even for the Doc
    I like the way you think.

i think this is the first time I've seen the Dean logo used officially by ARW/Yes

Screen Shot 2018-04-10 at 3.14.49 PM.jpg
    2trevorsforlife

Dates are now posted on their website. What's listed seem to match ones I posted to start this thread. Also a mention on their site that a new album is planned to be released this year.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by helix View Post
    i think this is the first time I've seen the Dean logo used officially by ARW/Yes

gag.

Whoever is doing the ARW design work should be lashed. What an abomination.

It's bad enough that the ARW logo sucks so much, but laying it on top of the other logo is totally unprofessional from both ethical and design perspectives. What a hack.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    gag.

It's bad enough that the ARW logo sucks so much, but laying it on top of the other logo is totally unprofessional from both ethical and design perspectives. What a hack.
    I have to agree with you. What a wasted opportunity.

gag.

Seriously. Who would do that???
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

I don't think that Quintessential means what they think it means.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Legally speaking, I don't think they can use the logo directly. This is just... a dick move.

It was also on T-shirts for the last ARW tour.
    Last edited by bRETT; 04-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That's actually one of the more clever aspects of the ad.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    It was also on T-shirts for the last ARW tour.
    It was on t-shirts until they received a "cease and desist" letter from the trademark holders. All t-shirts with that logo disappeared at some point during the tour.

+100
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by roylayer View Post
    It was on t-shirts until they received a "cease and desist" letter from the trademark holders. All t-shirts with that logo disappeared at some point during the tour.
    I find it fascinating that they keep playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Seriously. Who would do that???
    A butcher who got the job because he either knew someone or came in with the cheapest bid. I would have done it for free. If only they would have asked. When I saw them in Pittsburgh last year, I was biting my tongue as I waked past the table. I certainly wouldn't have paid my hard-earned money for something I'd be too embarrassed to wear.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Obviously that was the nicest shirt available from their last tour here. So, is mine now worth a lot more or will it be illegal to posess/wear/auction on Ebay? More importantly, will Steve Howe drop kick me if I wear that at his Yes' concert??

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Dates are now posted on their website. What's listed seem to match ones I posted to start this thread. Also a mention on their site that a new album is planned to be released this year.
    But they have only listed dates through Sept 9, which is strange. I guess they are still firming up the contracts for the rest of the tour.

Obviously that was the nicest shirt available from their last tour here. So, is mine now worth a lot more or will it be illegal to posess/wear/auction on Ebay? More importantly, will Steve Howe drop kick me if I wear that at his Yes' concert??

I would say "No" to the first question, but I would definitely not let Steve Howe see it. Who knows what he might do?

From the Yes/ARW website:

"The band will then play 9 shows in August and September including the Greek Theatre in LA on August 29th and Chicagoland’s Ravinia outside on September 7th before continuing the US Leg with 20+ shows in early 2019. Most dates will be going on-sale starting April 20th."

This is contrary to the list of dates posted earlier, which ran into November/December. It sounds like they are playing those Aug/Sept shows and then not doing more US dates until 2019. That would be odd to split up the US tour like that if that is the case.

holy heck. this makes me side with howe’s YES more and more. time to revive the “brian lane / hatchet man” thread. just awful.

Lucky Man
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Incontheivable!!!!
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

They've used it before several times. They've been told off each time as they don't have the rights to it. I suspect nothing's changed and another cease and desist letter will be winging its way over to them.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Also a mention on their site that a new album is planned to be released this year.
    Not quite. They say, "the band are currently hard at work, creating some stellar new recordings for their 50th Anniversary. This will be the first new music in 28 years featuring Jon Anderson/Trevor Rabin/Rick Wakeman together. It is planned these will also be available for release by the end of 2018 or early 2019." Leaving aside that whoever wrote this thinks that Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman worked together on Union, note that they don't say a new album. They say, "new recordings". Wakeman has said they're going to do an EP, not an album.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

More importantly, will Steve Howe drop kick me if I wear that at his Yes' concert??

I would say "No" to the first question, but I would definitely not let Steve Howe see it. Who knows what he might do?
    Only one way to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Not quite. They say, "the band are currently hard at work, creating some stellar new recordings for their 50th Anniversary. This will be the first new music in 28 years featuring Jon Anderson/Trevor Rabin/Rick Wakeman together. It is planned these will also be available for release by the end of 2018 or early 2019." Leaving aside that whoever wrote this thinks that Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman worked together on Union, note that they don't say a new album. They say, "new recordings". Wakeman has said they're going to do an EP, not an album.

Henry
    These shenanigans are really off-putting.