Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: Yes (ARW) 2018 50TH ANNIVERSARY USA TOUR

I've stood in front of Lee Pomeroy in smaller gigs and been absolutely mesmerised by this, it's hard to get your head around, and I could not contemplate trying to reverse things in my head. However if that's how you started and all you ever knew, then it must just come naturally.

Have you seen him with that double neck with the 12 string? Ever more mind-bending!

I guess it's a good skill to have if there are no lefty basses around. Just flip over a righty!

Am I wrong in seeming to remember that Hendrix was able to do this? Just flip a righty guitar over and play it without first flipping the strings? I know that he mostly did the latter, stringing his right handed guitar for a lefty, but I seem to remember that he could play it just as well with the strings upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Am I wrong in seeming to remember that Hendrix was able to do this? Just flip a righty guitar over and play it without first flipping the strings? I know that he mostly did the latter, stringing his right handed guitar for a lefty, but I seem to remember that he could play it just as well with the strings upside down.
    There are stories about Jimi being able to play both left- and right-handed.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Just for general information regarding Lee Pomeroy, he's touring again with Jeff Lynne for the ELO tour.
    We have tickets for Tampa on July 7..yipppppeeee(love Lee's playing and he always looks like he's having a lot of fun on stage, with a look on his face like, "I can't believe I'm doing this for a living"
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Agreed! I'm a big fan of Lee and you are spot on...he always looks like's he's having a blast, and it's infectious! I have seen him play with AWR, Rick Wakeman and Steve Hackett and he is fantastic.