Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Dorner

meimjustalawnmower

Chris Dorner

Sometimes it's less about being evil, and more about being dumber than a bag of hammers.

bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference! Yeah, Murder can be cool - if you think like an idiot. He's had his 15 minutes. He should be down under, pushin up wheat for the hungry... (name that reference!)

It appears he's dead in a last stand in a cabin in Big Bear, Ca. Good riddance!

I knew something was up when fleet upon fleet of helicopters kept going by my place yesterday. News coverage was almost immediate. Some crazy stuff!

meimjustalawnmower
    Dude put most of his energy into that stupid manifesto. Don't think that being holed up in a cabin in the mountains was his plan to begin with, as he had previously attempted to steal a boat and purchased scuba gear. The fact that his burned out truck had a broken axel seems to imply that he was stranded. So, like the ol' man used to say - "Son, if they were smart, they wouldn't be criminals."

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    bag of hammers! great Oh brother where art thou reference!
    Actually picked that up from a friend who used to say it 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    he had previously attempted to steal a boat and purchased scuba gear.
    The scuba gear could also be used to thwart tear gas attempts. Don't know if they were still with him in the cabin.

The fact that his burned out truck had a broken axel seems to imply that he was stranded
    They aren't sure if the axel was broken prior to the truck fire or when the tow truck pulled it out.

Without hearing confirmation, my guess is that since he was ID'd near the border in San Diego and also Riverside... his home in Vegas would also be a no-go -- so he jammed up to the mountains to wait out the initial search.

A definite rule of thumb, if you actually write a manifesto, you are crazy! Thank goodness this bastard is dead, saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. The sickest part, aside from the killings was his phone call to a victims father. true evil. The 2nd worst part are the sick fools who were rooting him on. Back when "Natural Born Killers" came out, I thought it was so absurd to have people supporting and cheering them on. Guess it wasn't so far fetched.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Without hearing confirmation, my guess is that since he was ID'd near the border in San Diego and also Riverside... his home in Vegas would also be a no-go -- so he jammed up to the mountains to wait out the initial search.
    This would all make sense except that leaving behind his truck was a big ol' honkin' clue as to his possible whereabouts, dontcha think? And what about the boat?

What's sad (apart from the four folks he killed) is that he may have had a good point about the corruption and racism in the LAPD. Hell, I believe he was wronged.

But obviously, you can't go around killing people just because you don't like how things went down. He became what he was railing against.

And I have no problem with his death.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This would all make sense except that leaving behind his truck was a big ol' honkin' clue as to his possible whereabouts, dontcha think? And what about the boat?
    I thought I heard this morning that he was camped out across the street from the police station for a couple days?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Jefferson James
    The fact the LAPD let firepower reign loose on three utterly innocent people -- not to mention endangering untold numbers of civilians -- speaks volumes about their credibility or, rather, lack thereof. I don't condone Dorner's cowardly actions, and I am relieved the man has met his demise and the "campaign of terror" is over, but I believe his beef with the LAPD is likely legitimate. Do a YouTube search for "LAPD beatings", there's a list as long as your arm.

No confirmation yet on the "charred remains."

I can accept that Dorner may have ultimately deserved death for his actions. I don't accept that it was up to the cops to mete out that punishment. Particularly when they were meting it out on innocent citizens with similar looking vehicles.

Remember, he wrote that he knows every tactic law enforcement was to do, so any rational thought might be out the door anyway. He told the owner of the boat that he could retrieve the boat in Mexico. Why would he tell anyone his current plan? Maybe he was going to abandon the boat somewhere as to make the search go elsewhere...? As for his truck in the mountains, that might have been a diversion. If he hid out long enough -- maybe even another day or so, the 'coast might be clear' to head back down the mountain. As it was, by yesterday the search was cut in half and had already eased up a bit. The command center was moved.

A lot of stuff we will never know or will be kept away from, for sure.

The pieces to the puzzle I am most curious about are the two maids he tied up. They would have the most amount of info on this event.

Jefferson James
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    The pieces to the puzzle I am most curious about are the two maids he tied up.
    Dude, you are so kinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    A definite rule of thumb, if you actually write a manifesto, you are crazy! Thank goodness this bastard is dead, saved the taxpayers the cost of a trial. The sickest part, aside from the killings was his phone call to a victims father. true evil. The 2nd worst part are the sick fools who were rooting him on. Back when "Natural Born Killers" came out, I thought it was so absurd to have people supporting and cheering them on. Guess it wasn't so far fetched.
    Google Charlie Starkweather and/or Caril Ann Fugate, Thomas, the whack job teens who went on a killing spree in 1957-58. Harrelson's and Juliette Lewis's roles were based on them. There was some historical fact in with the Hollywood script.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

meimjustalawnmower
    Look up Bonnie & Clyde while you're at it, Yanks.

Hollywood also has a history of glorifying criminals and demonizing cops.

Look up Bonnie & Clyde while you're at it, Yanks.

Hollywood also has a history of glorifying criminals and demonizing cops.
    I didn't say the killing they did seemed far fetched, there have been plenty of mass killers on the run. It was the hero worship thrust upon them in the movie that I was referring to. And sadly, it turns out it wasn't far fetched. Sick losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I can accept that Dorner may have ultimately deserved death for his actions. I don't accept that it was up to the cops to mete out that punishment. Particularly when they were meting it out on innocent citizens with similar looking vehicles.
    They had to stop this guy, and yes, had to use deadly force. Arrest him? Why, so he can get a team of lawyers and he could spread more of his inane messages, and spur on these idiots supporting him? No, he does not make a good point about the LAPD, he's just a flat out nut job bent on killing. A few bad apples does not mean the whole LAPD is guilty of anything other than doing their job, a very difficult job. Could there be corruption? I'd be shocked otherwise in a force that big. But to let this asshole dictate investigations, and for him to be lecturing the LAPD is just wrong. The story here is him, and the families who's lives he ruined forever. He took away loved ones, lets not forget that. He is the monster, not the LAPD.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    I didn't say the killing they did seemed far fetched, there have been plenty of mass killers on the run. It was the hero worship thrust upon them in the movie that I was referring to. And sadly, it turns out it wasn't far fetched. Sick losers.
    We're actually on the same page here, Thomas. I think that the police did exactly what they needed to do. I don't think it's what they wanted to do. That's the only difference. It was this guy who forced the situation.

I had forgotten until the Alzheimer's cloud cleared that Natural Born Killers was the SECOND movie made about Starkweather/Fugate. The first was Terence Malick's "Badlands", released in 1973 with Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek in the roles.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

We're actually on the same page here, Thomas. I think that the police did exactly what they needed to do. I don't think it's what they wanted to do. That's the only difference. It was this guy who forced the situation.
    Now this I disagree with. I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Now this I disagree with. I doubt there's a cop alive in California that didn't want to kill this guy.
    I wasn't referring to their individual desires.

Then what are you referring to?

No one will admit it publicly, because it's not PC, but everyone on that force, from administrators on down, wanted that guy dead. No one wanted to bring him in, they wanted him dead.

If they brought him in, then his story about how he was wronged and about how corrupt the LAPD is would become the story. Now, they'll do a pro forma investigation to get the media off their backs and the story goes away.