Thread: Stan Whitaker (Happy the Man) Prog cover release

Banned

Stan Whitaker (Happy the Man) Prog cover release

I have had the pleasure over the years to hear Stan live doing acoustic covers of various eclectic and Prog tunes, such as Supper’s Ready. Stan is finally releasing these on CD:

Greeting you Nice People. A note as an up to speed for us. Some of you know Stanley will release a long waited acoustic voice, guitar CD of his favorite progressive cover songs. We are on track for release in four weeks. A gem indeed. Titled; "Under the Prog Tree Covers." My gratitude sits with you for your support of his gifts. Also in person at Upcoming Live Performances. Amazon, iTunes etc...

Banned
    If you want the address for a pre order I’ll provide. I deleted that part because I didn’t want this to appear as spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    If you want the address for a pre order I’ll provide. I deleted that part because I didn’t want this to appear as spam.
    Please do.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Yes, please post the info here!

Yes, please post the "buy it" link.

By the way, here is a great article/interview with Stan. I believe he chats about these covers.
    http://www.allthingsif.org/archives/1845

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    I have had the pleasure over the years to hear Stan live doing acoustic covers of various eclectic and Prog tunes, such as Supper’s Ready. Stan is finally releasing these on CD:
    Greeting you Nice People. A note as an up to speed for us. Some of you know Stanley will release a long waited acoustic voice, guitar CD of his favorite progressive cover songs. We are on track for release in four weeks. A gem indeed. Titled; "Under the Prog Tree Covers." My gratitude sits with you for your support of his gifts. Also in person at Upcoming Live Performances. Amazon, iTunes etc...
    I'm definitely looking forward to this release! I had the great fortune to interview Stanley for my radio show last year and for those interested, it is podcast here:
    lots of talk and great music.

https://www.mixcloud.com/magmashark/...iew-and-music/

Here's a link to his previous cover-album: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/stanandleeanne

Banned
    Uncensored post by Stan.

Greeting you Nice People. A note as an up to speed for us. Some of you know Stanley will release a long waited acoustic voice, guitar CD of his favorite progressive cover songs. We are on track for release in four weeks. A gem indeed. Titled; "Under the Prog Tree". My gratitude sits with you for your support of his gifts. Pre- Orders with $15. dollars may be sent to; Stan and LeeAnne PO. Box 1472 Cockeysville, MD 21030. Also in person at Upcoming Live Performances. Amazon, iTunes etc...

Any updates or websites we can find more information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The “Under the Progwood Tree” by Stanley Whitaker is out @ CDBaby and iTunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    The “Under the Progwood Tree” by Stanley Whitaker is out @ CDBaby and iTunes!
    Thanks for the note: https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/stanleywhitaker

This was a nice palette cleanser. I’ve been spending to many ear hours on heavy stuff lately

Stan’s voice fits Gabriel’s style well but I liked the taab cover the most

I hope all of Stan’s Fans and all the HTM fans get a chance to pick this up

I always appreciate when a prog rock artist can bridge the gap to a wider audience. With this acoustic covers release Stanley Whitaker takes listeners from Peter Gabriel and Genesis to James Taylor and Elton John with ease. The vocals and arrangements and recording are top shelf and this release should appeal to all music fans, not just progressive fans alone. I had the opportunity to inteview Stanley Whitaker recently on my live on air Progressive Rock Radio Show regarding this new Cd and you'll get to hear many of the songs from the CD as well as Stanley's insights to his choices of songs and what music means to him. You can hear the podcast here: https://www.mixcloud.com/magmashark/