Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3RDegree "The Ones & Zeros Show" Tour 2018

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

3RDegree "The Ones & Zeros Show" Tour 2018

I received this update from the band which I thought others might be interested in.
    "THE MAKING OF A TOUR

Having done a six country tour of Europe and the US in late 2015 when Ones & Zeros: vol. 1 was just out, we figured we'd try it again but in other directions. We will be doing our "westernmost" shows (ever!) in Cleveland and Chicago as well as a return visit to Canada-this time Ontario right on the New York border and equal distance from both Ottawa & Montréal. We will also be performing at the NJ Proghouse for the 4th time and The Hatbox Theater for the 2nd time.

Barring any unforeseen opportunity for us, these will be the only 3RDegree shows of 2018 and likely the last shows where we focus on Ones & Zeros presenting it as a unique "show" like we previewed at ProgStock last October.

Even a tour this seemingly "modest" was very challenging to put together as opportunities for live, original, independent progressive rock bands are usually the domain of the few festivals left that feature it and we've played most of them already. We'd love all of you to prove the naysayers wrong and attend one of the shows below nearest to where you live. And we can tell you the promoters who are having us are really top notch people giving us the time to present a show such as this. Why not reward them too by coming out to the show? You literally keep the music alive by doing that.

The shows will feature 90+ minutes of music except for New York City which we will treat as a "showcase" of our latest album (Vol. 0) and will likely just plow through as many songs as we can. This music will be presented with the aid of video projection to flesh out the concepts from the album while poking a bit of fun at the heavy conceptual nature of the two albums.

Who's in the band for these shows? The original "power trio" version with Robert James Pashman, Rob Durham and Patrick Kliesch (first shows since 2009) that dates back to 1991 and the quartet version that added one George Dobbs in 1995 will be on hand augmented by "the new guy" Bryan Zeigler as well as Dark Beauty's Liz Tapia.

We're all really looking forward to it and hope to see you there!

3RDEGREE: "THE ONES & ZEROS SHOW" TOUR 2018
    • SATURDAY MAY 5 RoSfest Majestic Theater Gettysburg, PA (merch room) Come meet & greet the band all day between bands **no live performance by 3RDegree will take place**
    • FRIDAY MAY 11 THE DELANCEY 168 Delancey St. New York, NY Facebook Event 6:30 doors 7:00 show (Album Release Party & Vol. 0 "showcase"-shorter set than all other shows)
    • SATURDAY MAY 12 PRIVATE EVENT Baltimore, MD Facebook Event 7:00 **email band at tix@3RDegreeonline.com for entry**
    • SUNDAY MAY 13 NJ Proghouse Concert Series @ ROXY & DUKES ROADHOUSE 745 Bound Brook Rd. (Rt. 28) Dunellen, NJ Facebook Event 2:00
    • TUESDAY MAY 15 REGGIE'S 2105 S State St. Chicago, IL Facebook Event 7:00 doors 7:30 show (headliner: Mr. Blotto)
    • WEDNESDAY MAY 16 WILBERT'S FOOD & MUSIC 812 Huron Rd. Cleveland, OH Facebook Event 7:00 doors 8:00 show
    • FRIDAY MAY 18 THE PORT THEATER 132 Montreal Rd. Cornwall, Ontario Canada Facebook Event 7:00 doors 8:00 show (opener: Half Past Four featuring Kyree Vibrant who sang on Ones & Zeros: vol. 1)
    • SATURDAY MAY 19 STARLITE 39 Hamilton St. Southbridge, MA Facebook Event 7:00 (opener: Stratospheeris)
    • SUNDAY MAY 20 THE HATBOX THEATER 270 Loudon Rd. Concord, NH Facebook Event 1:00 doors 2:00 show Tickets $17
    If you're on Facebook please click on Facebook Event links above and put yourself down as "interested" or better yet "going"! "

I will be making every effort to attend the Southbridge MA show, about an hour east for me. I first saw this clever and quirky outfit at the second MarProg event in Ct. a few years back, loved their set and picked up their then-current "Narrow-Caster" which is a phenomenal piece of music, as have been their subsequent "Long Divison" and the most recent "Ones and Zeros" releases. I have been looking forward to another opportunity to see the band and thank them for coming to MA by heading to the show!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Hey Robert, how short will that NYC show be?

I'm going to try and make the Cleveland show. It's a weekday, so things could get difficult, but it's my intention now to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I will be making every effort to attend the Southbridge MA show, about an hour east for me. I first saw this clever and quirky outfit at the second MarProg event in Ct. a few years back, loved their set and picked up their then-current "Narrow-Caster" which is a phenomenal piece of music, as have been their subsequent "Long Divison" and the most recent "Ones and Zeros" releases. I have been looking forward to another opportunity to see the band and thank them for coming to MA by heading to the show!
    Awesome! Stratospheerius opens the show followed by 3RDegree although we may switch places depending. Glad you're pledging to make every effort. We/I really appreciate that. You know it's not like we come through all that often so I assure you it's a "unique" show if only that I cannot guarantee we will be around again. These live shows are getting more and more rare for us as we're always weighing if playing live at all is the best way to spend our time as a band. Sounds strange but we always have to ask ourselves that especially since finishing albums are always so rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Hey Robert, how short will that NYC show be?
    Hey Jed. 45 minutes, songs only and probably focused on Vol. 0 which will be out just weeks before the show. It's a good "second" show to go to. I'd much rather you go to the NJ Proghouse but I know you don't really go there so any attendance anywhere will be greatly appreciated! The NYC show is at 7 SHARP. 6:30 doors.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm going to try and make the Cleveland show. It's a weekday, so things could get difficult, but it's my intention now to be there.
    Excellent! Again, we're so appreciative you're considering it. We've been playing since ProgStock keeping our chops up and adding a few songs so this particular show with all the extra stuff we're doing is really a fun way to present these recent two albums. We are getting quite a few promoters to go out on a limb for us mainly on the shows that are far from our home base like Chicago, Cleveland and the one up in Canada so attendance at these particular shows is particularly needed and appreciated!

Not sure if anyone noticed but these shows will have our original guitarist Patrick Kliesch (along with lead guitarist Bryan Zeigler) who remains a primary songwriter in the band despite his residence in Los Angeles while the rest of the band is in Bergen County, New Jersey. Hence the compressed time period of shows-8 in 10 days. The last time Pat played with us live was in 2009 at ProgDay-the first of many festivals we've played at. That was a huge milestone for us after regrouping in '06 after not being together for 9 years, putting out the album and being given that opportunity. Eric Pseja remains. He just couldn't commit to playing a lot of shows this year.

3 dates down. Baltimore & NJ were dampened by hail and Mother’s Day but despite this we probably played our best two shows.

Anyone coming to the remaining 5 shows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post

Anyone coming to the remaining 5 shows?
    The Cleveland show. Fingers crossed, anyway.
    Last edited by moecurlythanu; 05-14-2018 at 01:05 PM.

I'll definitely be hitting the show Saturday night in Southbridge. My buddy who was at Brand X with me on Wednesday night at the Horse may attend as well. Spent the weekend re-visiting the live set (downloaded when ordered the DVD) and Vol 1, really enjoying Vol 0!

Can anyone confirm start time for the show? I've seen a 7pm start for the opener listed.

Rick in Northampton

Cleveland is 7-10 but we will probably be on later than 7-closer to 8

Southbridge, MA will be Stratospheerius at 9, us closer to 10:15. They do shows later than most venues.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing no opener in Cleveland then?

I need to move east. I'm hoping to be on the east side by the end of the year. Then, I wouldn't be missing these great shows.

Great show at Orion. Thanks guys! Sorry about the biblical sized rain/hailstorm!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

I'm gonna try and make it up tomorroww. I've got to work tomorrow morning, so it'll be a long day for me, but hopefully, I can manage to make it work. Maybe I'll take a nap on the bus on the way home.

That would be great! We really need help in these new areas we’re playing this tour and having you there would be most amazing....not that we draw huge in areas we have already played but, that’s another story.

If you guys have any copies on CD of Human Interest Story, would love to get that at the show (in addition to my copy of Vol 0)

Hope you have a great gig in Cleveland

For sure. It’s the new remastered one with bonus track as we’ve just about run out of original ones.

Good concert last night. Had fun at Wilbert's, despite all the technical gremlins. The band sounded great, I only wish I had been more familiar with the Ones And Zeros albums beforehand, as I think it would have allowed one to get more into the concept beforehand. I really dug the educational films during the first number too. And it was great hanging out with you guys before and after the show. I hope at some point, we can do it again in the not too distant future.

BTW people. If you missed the show you missed something special. The gigs are great.
    Mark Monforti
    Co-Owner of Progrock.com
    www.ProgRock.com

North America Distribution and Boutique Label
    https://essentials.ProgRock.com

Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/XjXVZ8WqNP

900 + Podcasts here
    www.musicinwidescreen.com
    Live Shows Sunday 6pm-9pm CST Sundays @ ProgRock.com

Oh hi Mark! I did not tell you to say that! I did not!

I've been subsisting on a steady diet of Ones and Zeros since receipt of the new album, in preparation for tomorrow night's show. Multiple re-visits to the wonderful Hello World DVD (and its audio counterpart, downloaded upon purchase of my #8/100 copies) and Vol. 1 as well. I should be good to go for Saturday night. Really looking forward to it and hope the gig up North goes well and that the band doesn't encounter any border crossing issues a la Casey McPherson or Neal Morse band's bus driver.

Quote Originally Posted by mon40 View Post
    BTW people. If you missed the show you missed something special. The gigs are great.
    I agree. The presentation of the whole Ones And Zeros concept, with the Valhalla Biotech stuff, the films (which, in Cleveland, we only got to see partially), etc I think makes it more than just a mere "concert". It was closer to multimedia performance art. I'm really glad I went, even if I didn't get to see the full show as the band intended.

^ Wholeheartedly agree. Great show well worth seeing.

And really nice, patient folks to talk with as well.

I had a great time seeing the band at the Starlite, a cool but off-the-beaten path venue in Southbridge. Can't thank the band enough for the dedication it takes to travel so far and wide to play for small but appreciative group of die-hard proggers like myself. The venue charged 5 bucks at the door...for two great bands (I did enjoy the opener Stratospheerius) and a full night of music. Sure, I got home at 2 a.m. but considering the band's travels, the 100 miles I logged seems a pittance. Got to talk with Robert about the travails of the tour, which left me with an even-greater appreciation for bands who leave their regular lives behind to hit the road for what's likely to be a money-losing proposition, for the love of the music and the fans. The bands played as though they were in front of a packed arena! That's professionalism.