Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Blood on the Rooftops - what does "they're out for 23" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    I can't say I'm glad Steve left Genesis, I think they would have been a stronger band in the 80s/90s with him, and Steve could have still done some solo albums along the way. But it was not meant to be, and Steve is more than making up for it by carrying forward the classic Genesis prog flag with these revisited tours and I love those. So it's all good for the most part.
    I'm sure things would have been very different, although no one can say how much better if any. Tony stated that he'd 'lost in ally' when Steve left, so Tony may have contributed more conventional music as well without Steve than he would have with him, although since they were writing from jams in the studio, I guess we'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    I'm sure things would have been very different, although no one can say how much better if any. Tony stated that he'd 'lost in ally' when Steve left, so Tony may have contributed more conventional music as well without Steve than he would have with him, although since they were writing from jams in the studio, I guess we'll never know.
    It's funny how that doesn't get more attention whenever discussions about Steve and Tony come up here. I guess for some folks it's more fun to play up the antagonist angle.

It would have been really interesting to hear where they went had Steve not left when he did. However, if it hadn't been for songs like "Land of Confusion" or "That's All", I might not have come to know Genesis when I did. So I mean no disrespect to Steve (or Ant), but I'm glad things went the way they did.

Plus, Ant has made an incredible catalog of solo music. It's possible that some of those might not have come about had he stayed with Genesis. I dunno... It's interesting to think about what might have been, but messing with history can be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It's funny how that doesn't get more attention whenever discussions about Steve and Tony come up here. I guess for some folks it's more fun to play up the antagonist angle.
    Along with plenty of other complimentary things Tony has said about Steve over the years. Those are ignored by the tale-spinners too.

... I mean, just look at these mortal enemies!

62b5.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Along with plenty of other complimentary things Tony has said about Steve over the years. Those are ignored by the tale-spinners too.

... I mean, just look at these mortal enemies!

62b5.jpg
    Tony appears to be drinking a beer, but can't tell what Steve is sipping on

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Tony appears to be drinking a beer, but can't tell what Steve is sipping on
    It's backstage at one of Steve's shows so he might be having coffee or tea.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***