Thread: ACCENT - Amazing International Acapella Jazz Group w/Moon Safari's Simon

ACCENT - Amazing International Acapella Jazz Group w/Moon Safari's Simon

I (truly) stumbled upon this on you tube without prior knowledge of this group. My eyes bugged out and my mouth involuntarily opened.

Accent is a 6 man international acapella jazz vocal group that formed in 2011 but didn't meet and sing together in the same room until 2014, all of it being done w/files online, but you sure as hell can't tell. They have 2 cds available on CDBaby that I bought yesterday after I discovered them. They represent the US, Canada (2), GB, France & Sweden. All of the vox are in English.

The Swede who put this group together through online chat rooms and caused me to jump up & down is Simon Akesson, the brains behind Moon Safari, who also has a passion for this kind of music. Needless to say if you've heard Moon Safari, the vocals are flawless.

If you like Moon Safari's constantly blooming acapella excursions or groups like Lambert, Hendricks & Ross, the Hi-Los or the 4 Freshmen, you should listen to this.

www.accentvocal.com
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, that sounds like it'd be a difficult type of music to make all online! I actually heard a 4 Freshman song on Sirius XM's 40s channel today and detested it(!), but I'll investigate this project since it has the Geezer seal of approval, and I like Moon Safari.

Should have also included Take 6, Manhattan Transfer & NY Voices as reference points in my OP.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

So, if I like Moon Safari, I will like this CD? Maybe, I will pick up a copy from Greg Walker at Rosfest 2018.

Library Jon