Thread: Sir Ringo

Sir Ringo

I like that! Peace and Love...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, very cool! And well deserved. I just had a conversation with my 9-year old - he'd asked me who was my favorite composer! - and I said it's hard to say. We'd been talking about Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart but I had to say that anyone who writes music is a composer, and we then talked about The Beatles and I said I thought they all brought something to the table. Ain't it the truth? They're all knights, IMO. And they all are now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, very cool! And well deserved. I just had a conversation with my 9-year old - he'd asked me who was my favorite composer! - and I said it's hard to say. We'd been talking about Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart but I had to say that anyone who writes music is a composer, and we then talked about The Beatles and I said I thought they all brought something to the table. Ain't it the truth? They're all knights, IMO. And they all are now, right?
    Nope. Lennon and Harrison are deceased, and were not knighted when they were alive. Lennon probably wouldn't have accepted such an "honor" anyway.

Gear!!
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Good for Ringo. Personally, I find the concept of modern-day knighthood pretty silly. But, hey, whatever.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Lennon probably wouldn't have accepted such an "honor" anyway.
    https://www.beatlesbible.com/1969/11...-to-the-queen/

Exactly. Among probably many other reasons.

wtf took them so long?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Good for Ringo. Personally, I find the concept of modern-day knighthood pretty silly. But, hey, whatever.
    Agreed!

If we're knighting drummers now how about Sir Bill Bruford?
    The Prog Corner

Not a drummer, but Sir Jon Son-of-Anders has a nice ring to it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    wtf took them so long?
    Thomas The Tank Engine still had a lot of episodes to run
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Congratulations Ringo! Continue on with your charmed life.

Banned
    Ringo has been called the luckiest man in the world and perhaps the 3rd-best drummer in the Beatles.

Charmed life indeed. He seems like a nice fellow - I hope he enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Ringo has been called the luckiest man in the world and perhaps the 3rd-best drummer in the Beatles.
    All by people outside of the group and mostly by those who don't understand drumming in the 1960s.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

All by people outside of the group and mostly by those who don't understand drumming in the 1960s.
    Exactly. Ringo is a damn fine drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Exactly. Ringo is a damn fine drummer.
    I concur. I've got nothing but love for Ringo.

This times a million. Ringo's drumming is an integral part of their sound. Happy for him, it is a great honor. And looking at him today, he looks terrific! Very healthy and vibrant for 77...

_100495577_1396a5c7-506d-4e7f-b4f6-be4599500c4a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BigSixFan View Post
    This times a million. Ringo's drumming is an integral part of their sound. Happy for him, it is a great honor. And looking at him today, he looks terrific! Very healthy and vibrant for 77...

_100495577_1396a5c7-506d-4e7f-b4f6-be4599500c4a.jpg
    And, if we want to talk about how lucky he was, it's more about his endurance. He was a VERY sickly child with no future. Many doctors told him that he wouldn't have a very fruitful life. Yet, here he is, outliving two of his bandmates already and pushing 80.

Banned
    Hey don't shoot the messenger - this actually made me dig a bit and it seems that the infamous quote often attributed to John Lennon - "Ringo isn't the best drummer in the world. He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" is apocryphal. However he is still one of the luckiest men ever to walk the earth.

And, if we want to talk about how lucky he was, it's more about his endurance. He was a VERY sickly child with no future. Many doctors told him that he wouldn't have a very fruitful life. Yet, here he is, outliving two of his bandmates already and pushing 80.
    Are you referring to John Lennon? I hope not...

...and putting aside his limitations as a singer, he still sounds more like he did back when than McCartney does.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    Hey don't shoot the messenger - this actually made me dig a bit and it seems that the infamous quote often attributed to John Lennon - "Ringo isn't the best drummer in the world. He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles" is apocryphal. However he is still one of the luckiest men ever to walk the earth.
    You have to take a grain of salt with many of John's statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Are you referring to John Lennon? I hope not...
    Well, it's true, isn't it?