Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWELFTH NIGHT: More info regarding 2018 3CD 'Fact & Fiction' Deluxe Edition

TWELFTH NIGHT: More info regarding 2018 3CD 'Fact & Fiction' Deluxe Edition

There are plans to release a "definitive" 3CD edition of Twelfth Night's classic 'Fact & Fiction' before the end of 2018.

The set promises to be every bit as good as previous TN Definitive Editions. More details have now emerged: http://www.realgonerocks.com/2018/03...iction-deluxe/

1.jpg
    Last edited by mandrake root; 03-18-2018 at 01:09 PM.

I'm a huge fan of Twelfth Night, love their work and very unique sounding band indeed...

Their best album with vocals; three discs that contain the album proper, live versions and early in-progress takes, and more. I'm in (of course).

Also of interest, this new project by Clive Mitten, that contains new versions of "We Are Sane" and "This City": https://thec-livecollective.bandcamp.com/

Love the album so I'll more than likely be in.

I didn't know about that, dpt3. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    Also of interest, this new project by Clive Mitten, that contains new versions of "We Are Sane" and "This City": https://thec-livecollective.bandcamp.com/
    Wow!! Thank you for this link dpt3

I was lucky enough to see TN many times during their reign at the Marquee in London, the two large gigs at The Dominion and even a sparsely populated gig at the Brighton Dome on the Art & Illusion tour. Fact and Fiction, although I rarely play it, is one of the most loved and influential albums in my collection. Maybe I don't need to play it because it is always playing in my head. I still have my original vinyl of it too kept in pristine condition. The memories of those gigs in particular with Geoff Mann in 1983 will always burn very brightly and importantly with me. I'm in.
    Last edited by Steve983; 03-20-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dpt3 View Post
    Just got this now, wow!!... Awesome stuff and all new material by Clive Mitten.. Track 1 and 5 is an updated version of 2 classic tracks. Thank you again!...

From the Merch Desk: "THE CLIVE COLLECTIVE is the new band formed by Clive Mitten along with Stephen Bennett, James Mann, Fudge Smith, Mark Spencer and Anna Stuttard."

Does anyone know if James Mann is related to Geoff? I know Bennett, Smith and Spencer were in Airbridge and/or LaHost.

James is Geoff's son.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    From the Merch Desk: "THE CLIVE COLLECTIVE is the new band formed by Clive Mitten along with Stephen Bennett, James Mann, Fudge Smith, Mark Spencer and Anna Stuttard."

Does anyone know if James Mann is related to Geoff? I know Bennett, Smith and Spencer were in Airbridge and/or LaHost.

Yes, as dropforge said!!......... This Clive Mitten band is brilliant!!... Thumbs up 10/10, next album due out in the fall!...

I didn't like Spencer's vocals on the live "Creepshow" a few years back. But he sounds pretty good on the new rec.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Apart from Joe Sirios from The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Fudge Smith is without doubt the smiliest drummer I've ever witnessed. He obviously enjoys performing and is better off without Pendragon.

Quote Originally Posted by noni View Post
    Just got this now, wow!!... Awesome stuff and all new material by Clive Mitten.. Track 1 and 5 is an updated version of 2 classic tracks. Thank you again!...
    I've had it for about three weeks now, and I was skeptical of it when I first read the description of it, but it's really good stuff. Really looking forward to the full vocal version in the fall.

I'm hoping to get time to listen to the C:Live Project thing later today. Let's see how it goes. Was hoping for a quiet day, but my inbox is already bulging (ooer!)

Quote Originally Posted by mandrake root View Post
    I'm hoping to get time to listen to the C:Live Project thing later today. Let's see how it goes. Was hoping for a quiet day, but my inbox is already bulging (ooer!)
    You won't be disappointed at the new tracks 2 to 4...Hope you like this album as much as me.

Been a week now and really digging this album a lot!.... Clive Mitten is a great artist!...... The C-Live Collective , highly recommended who love Twelfth Night and listen to new sounds from Clive Mitten..

Full tracklist and pre-order link for the new deluxe set now online!

http://www.realgonerocks.com/2018/04...w-being-taken/

Yep, I got an e mail from Brian Devoil yesterday confirming all the details, think I'll have to get this!

Have any of the extra tracks from this appeared online yet...? I know it's out soon, but I'm getting fidgety.

Finally ordered today, will fit in proudly with my other definitive editions!

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

I've sold my old copy now so will be ordering the new one soon, looking forward to it.

This *might* be shipping this week... I've not heard otherwise!

I *might* win the lottery?! I thought it wasn't coming out until 12th June.