Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Thanks! All. caught up. This show kicks the US version’s ass in every aspect; cast members, production, comps, editing. Just leaves US in the dust. Hermon’s eviction and VETO dances were hilarious! Jess’ reactions were too!.
    The first two seasons were still the best. They had a real Canadian vibe to them. After that, I think the producers tried to Americanize the show a little and it lost some of it's Canadian flair. I still love that the HOH doesn't get to compete in the POV though. I wish the US version would adopt this.

Thanks! All. caught up. This show kicks the US version’s ass in every aspect; cast members, production, comps, editing. Just leaves US in the dust. Hermon’s eviction and VETO dances were hilarious! Jess’ reactions were too!.
    Welcome in, Paulie.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    The first two seasons were still the best. They had a real Canadian vibe to them. After that, I think the producers tried to Americanize the show a little and it lost some of it's Canadian flair. I still love that the HOH doesn't get to compete in the POV though. I wish the US version would adopt this.
    Agreed all around!

Paulie, when this season is over, let me know if you'd like to watch any of the other seasons. As ForeverAutumn said, Seasons 1 & 2 are true classics and hold up to this day. Season 1 cast had no idea what to expect, although they thought they did from watching the U.S. version. Season 7 saw the best alliance I have witnessed on a BB show.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I have seen them all. And I agree that the first 2 are great. The last couple seasons seemed to dip a little, but this year’s is top notch.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I tried to watch that comp live on the BBCan website. I must have watched for five minutes and NOTHING happened. They weren't even talking to each other because they were concentrating and waiting for the flashing lights. I finally decided I had better things to do with my time and moved on. I can't imagine how boring that game would be to actually play.

It's a head-scratcher as to why this has returned for a 3rd time.

All caught up! Thanks Gruno. It's a treat too watch a whole week in one sitting. I'm starting to think Kevin might be the one to beat...if everything doesn't implode soon.

All caught up! Thanks Gruno. It's a treat too watch a whole week in one sitting. I'm starting to think Kevin might be the one to beat...if everything doesn't implode soon.
    I like Kevin a lot. I didn't at first because I thought he was going to be a jerk. He's very sneaky and, I think, has a great read on people. I'd love to see what he does if he wins an HOH.

My top 4 from week 1:

Kevin
    Summer
    Jaycey-Lynne
    Haleena

I almost always favor the nerd-squad. Peter Brown from season 1 is one of my favorite houseguests.

All caught up! Thanks Gruno. It's a treat too watch a whole week in one sitting.
    Episode usually available Tuesday-Thursday-Friday. Although, I have been known to have some done same night they air.

I hope that Gino's plan works as anticipated, just because it'll be fun to watch.

After the first eviction, Arissa let everyone know that after "certain" weeks, the houseguest that survives eviction will get a chance to open one of the unlocked mystery doors for a prize. Kevin won $500, but could have won $7500. They seemed to abandon that.

Remember when the U.S. version had those dumb takeovers but stopped after the first two with Kathy Griffin and Rob Gronkowski? I don't count Phil from Amazing Race taking over as that was a promotion for TAR. Julie did have this to say:

“We had so much going on, it was better to focus on the pure game–because the game is genius–and the twin twist. You don’t want to give the viewers too much to balance out between, ‘Oh, the power of veto. Oh the double HOHs.’ There was enough going on. You have to clean up a little bit. Pure game.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    After the first eviction, Arissa let everyone know that after "certain" weeks, the houseguest that survives eviction will get a chance to open one of the unlocked mystery doors for a prize. Kevin won $500, but could have won $7500. They seemed to abandon that.
    I'd already forgotten about that. That's how interesting it was. Probably a good thing they dropped it. LOL!

NO SPOILERS CONTAINED....

If you know, you know.

What a friggin' weekend of gameplay from everyone in the house! This could turn out to be one of the best weeks in BBCan (or USA) history. If you didn't catch the live feeds, don't bother trying to see what happened. So much game. Excited for tonight's show, and definitely Wednesday's!

I'm intrigued! I don't have time for the live feeds so I have no idea what's going on!

Interesting fact if you care. When Kevin is dancing around in the snow by the hot tub, that had to be filmed on Monday, even though they didn't air it until Thursday. We got a couple of inches of snow in Toronto on Monday, it was melted by Tuesday afternoon and has rained every day since then.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Interesting fact if you care. When Kevin is dancing around in the snow by the hot tub, that had to be filmed on Monday, even though they didn't air it until Thursday. We got a couple of inches of snow in Toronto on Monday, it was melted by Tuesday afternoon and has rained every day since then.
    The power of editing!

Here is the timeline of events in a normal week:

Thursday - HoH Comp
    Friday - Nominations
    Saturday - PoV Comp
    Monday - PoV Ceremony
    Thursday - Eviction

The snow was shown a couple of clips after the veto ceremony and also a commercial break. They made it seem like he discovered the snow first thing in the morning. At least that is the impression I came away with. Oh, those silly BBCan editors, eh!

You know I had a huge smile on my face...

I stayed away from the feeds and Twitter for the last couple of days so I had no idea where the vote(s) were going for any of the triple. On that note, it was a bit screwy last Friday. Kevin came out of the Diary Room and was immediately talking about the possibility of a triple eviction. Seemed very odd that he all of a sudden started to speak of it out of nowhere. Some past house guests are chiming in saying the questions and statements in the DR were sometimes too obvious -- "Thank you house guest. Do not talk to other house guests about your DR sessions. There are xx amount of days remaining and x evictions. Have a good day."

Monday - PoV Ceremony

The snow was shown a couple of clips after the veto ceremony and also a commercial break. They made it seem like he discovered the snow first thing in the morning. At least that is the impression I came away with. Oh, those silly BBCan editors, eh!
    Depending on the time of the veto ceremony it could have been chronological. The snow started around 5:00pm and lasted a couple of hours. But it seemed to me like a different day.

You know I had a huge smile on my face...
    I immediately thought of you!

Kevin came out of the Diary Room and was immediately talking about the possibility of a triple eviction. Seemed very odd that he all of a sudden started to speak of it out of nowhere. Some past house guests are chiming in saying the questions and statements in the DR were sometimes too obvious -- "Thank you house guest. Do not talk to other house guests about your DR sessions. There are xx amount of days remaining and x evictions. Have a good day."
    I noticed that in one of the clips they showed, he said something about a possible triple eviction coming up. I wondered where that came from and just figured that he was basing things on previous seasons and potential end dates.

He's my pick to win. He has played a very good game. I don't like that he double crossed Gino and yet, I have to admit that it was good game play...especially if he knew that it was the start of a triple. Marty continues to be an idiot and Gino joins him in that category by agreeing to put a gummy bear in the draw for himself. What was he thinking?!

My top 4 from week 1:

Kevin
    Summer
    Jaycey-Lynne
    Haleena
    Summer went down a few pegs the last couple of weeks. Last night's episode included.

If you can view this video, it's a portion of the extended interview with Summer on stage with Marty and Arisa after the episode was done.

https://twitter.com/JuryHouseVet/sta...11698776043523

Summer went down a few pegs the last couple of weeks. Last night's episode included.
    I don' like Summer. I find her obnoxious, annoying, and too full of herself.

Caught up to last Monday! Wow! What a ride! This was some juicy stuff. I've really enjoyed this season. As usual, I've gravitated to the underdogs. JL and Betty better get to work (I don't know what happened at noms).

Final 4 eviction is happening in real time right now. Arissa came on screen and asked them to meet in the living room and then she announced, audio cut, video was next...

Feeds down for the season.... what a ride!

I'm going to be on a business trip from Wednesday to Friday and won't even have my evenings free, so I won't be able to watch the last two episodes until at least Saturday. I hate knowing who won before I watch, but I'm sure I'll hear or read it somewhere before I can watch it.