Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada: Season 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    - Adam is an idiot. I want him to go out in 4th place... just so he doesn't get to spend as much time in sequester with Sam.

I'm glad that Dane won. He deserved it. Both he and Adam played a really good game, but Dane kept a cool head throughout. I didn't like Adam's childish tantrums.

For a guy that talked his way through the game, I'm surprised that Anthony didn't represent himself better to the jury. I thought his responses were really lame. And, I don't think he realizes how arrogant and condescending he comes off. I found him very offputting. It's too bad because he's obviously a smart guy.

Otherwise, I don't think that there was anything really surprising about the finale. It pretty much went how I expected it to. It would have been interesting if Kyra had won the final HOH. I'm not sure who she would have taken with her, but she might have won if she took Anthony.

It was a pretty good season all-in-all.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    All caught up! Dane deserved that win. We binged the final 10 eps and it was a pretty fun ride. Dane is a BEAST in every aspect of the game. Very enjoyable watch.

Now on to BB21!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Took a while, eh Paulie??

Initially you thought the season contained a boring cast. Did it pick up for you, especially through that 10-episode run?

By the way, Arissa Cox announced (via tricky video) that BBCan 8 will be on next year for sure!

I think it's always better with a binge. It did pick up for us. We laughed our asses off at the fact the Kyra was known as the emotional "crier" while watching the Pretty Boys succumb to water works at every corner there towards the end of the season.

Hahaha! Yeah!

It does help to binge, I agree! That's how the 2nd third of the season picked up for me, also.

Season 7 starts March 4th!!!

The hype is huge, of course. They have been promoting this season as "Something big is coming... #BBCAN8" with a graphic that shows "SUPER SIZED" above the BBCAN logo.

Houseguests revealed today. I haven't checked their data sheets but I doubt any are 35yrs or over.

The house looks fantastic!!

I think the dude in the headband used to be in the band Loverboy (1980's Canadian rock band).

5624a8c08a554456396f0b2f35f0217e.jpg

I don't know. The third guy in is kinda cute, otherwise not much eye candy for me this season.

So, first episode is always about the introductions. I'll say this, because most of you probably don't know the geography. Six of the 16 contestants are from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Markham, Ajax, Brampton, Vaughan and Toronto, representing 6 houseguests, are all less than a 100 KM (60 mile) radius. They could start a Toronto alliance.

There's someone from Ottawa, which is also in Ontario. So there could be a seven person Ontario alliance.

This is a friggin' HUGE country. There is no way that more than 1/3 of the houseguests should be from the same region. There is not enough diversity this season for my taste. And NO ONE from Newfoundland, which sucks IMO. I love Newfies. They are, hands down, some of the nicest and most fun people in the country. Newfoundland is a very unique and beautiful province. If you ever have the opportunity to visit, do it.

Having said that, I have to support Chris Wyllie. He's from Markham, Ontario...which is where I live. I have to support the home-town boy. . Unless he turns into a jerk...time will tell.

Duuuuude! What are you doing?

Some people just can't handle the stress of the game once they're inside, I guess. I hope he's okay.

Oh, did it start?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Oh, did it start?
    On Wednesday. There are two episodes so far. Wednesday and last night (Thursday).

Nice! I'll check it out tonight

Agreed about the Newfies!!! Jon Pardy is a Newfie and one of my faves -- he won season 2.

Thanks for the geography lesson. The diversity sucks.

What is worse, you ask? BBCan starting the season by telling 4 houseguests that Canada thinks they suck! What a buzz kill, BBCan! WTF were they thinking?? I hope this isn't the mark of things to come. The house, once again, looks better than anything BBUS comes up with. Looking forward with anticipation for something good to come...

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I have to support Chris Wyllie. He's from Markham, Ontario...which is where I live. I have to support the home-town boy. . Unless he turns into a jerk...time will tell.
    Dude is totally creeping me out. Not sure who I'm rooting for yet, but it's not Chris anymore.

I'd kinda like to be in the BBCan house so that I would have no knowledge of the mad mad world we are living in.

Can you imagine getting out of the house three months from now when this is all, hopefully, over and only then learning about everything that went on? States of emergency, closed borders, worldwide travel warnings, toilet paper hoarding. What a crazy time to be holed-up and secluded from the world.

Sorta did happen September 2001 US season 2

The final three Big Brother 2 contestants—including Monica Bailey, whose cousin was listed as missing in the World Trade Center collapse—were likely the only Americans deprived of almost all reports of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks until the show’s Sept. 20 finale. ”We knew a tragedy had taken place involving planes in New York,” says Will Kirby, the $500,000 winner. ”That was really the extent of it.”

BB2 broke the show’s news-blackout rule and told the trio the day of the attack because of Monica’s personal connection (her sister called to alert producers that day), but decided not to show disaster video because ”that would have meant putting a TV in the house [for follow-up reports],” says exec producer Arnold Shapiro. ”No one inside asked for that.”

Viewers, however, got to see tape of producers telling Monica about her missing cousin on the Sept. 18 episode, which some critics said was exploitative. But since those watching BB2 online—via 24-hour Internet cams—were speculating about what CBS was not airing, Shapiro says he felt the need to show how the news was delivered. ”If Monica had become hysterical we wouldn’t have shown that,” he says. ”But they [all] took it, with shock and concern, but very maturely.”
    But this is crazy to be away during this time with no idea what's happening. When they went into seclusion, there was already global awareness of the virus. The shock that it has grown to this extreme will be interesting to witness. Sad, in a way. Will they notify them about this due to no audience at finales? The houseguests always hear the crowd cheer... In a way, these houseguests are some of the safest specimens on this planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Sorta did happen September 2001 US season 2
    I did think of that as I was posting about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno
    Will they notify them about this due to no audience at finales? The houseguests always hear the crowd cheer... In a way, these houseguests are some of the safest specimens on this planet.

I thought of that too. I'm expecting that future eviction nights will be without an audience. But the BBCan exit is set up differently so that the houseguests can't sneak a peek as the evictee exits. So I don't know if they can hear the audience. I guess we'll find out on Thursday. They could potentially have a smaller audience if they wanted to. I think, as of now, we're limited to groups no larger than 250 people in Toronto.

EDIT: When I posted this I hadn't yet watched Thursday's eviction episode. I just put it on now and saw that there was already no audience. I really wasn't expecting that as shit (i.e. cancellations, closures, etc.) didn't really hit the fan in Toronto until yesterday. BBCan was a little ahead of the curve here.

EDIT x2: It looks like Michael (and maybe the whole house, who knows) was told before he walked out that there was no audience. He wasn't at all surprised.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 03-14-2020 at 12:08 PM.

So, how long until they cancel BBCan for the protection of the production staff?

Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    So, how long until they cancel BBCan for the protection of the production staff?

Any takers?
    Well, I won't give away anything, but... something has changed in the house within the last 24hrs. I haven't researched it fully, but I know the main details and it has already changed this season.

I don't even want to hazard a guess because the first thing that came into my mind was not good.

EDIT: Okay, I had to google it to make sure they weren't all under quarantine. Fucking virus!

Here is the official statement... possible spoiler, but it is direct from Big Brother Canada's website: OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Wow man. That was a hard episode to watch.