Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada: Season 6

Exciting!

A lot of memories being shared of previous season on Twitter today.

A few initial thoughts.

I loved the opening this season. I thought it was really well done. I had no idea that it has been 48 weeks since Season 8 ended! The year has really flown and it made me realize how much has changed and much we've all adjusted to that change. It's crazy!

I like the cast. I think there are some fun personalities and it'll be a good season. It sure can't be worse than last season, which was already a clunker before Covid put it out of its misery.

I think the team dynamic is very interesting, if a little Survivorish. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I was wondering how long it would be before cross-team alliances started and it happened a lot faster than I thought it would.

I was sorry to see Julie be the first one voted out. I liked her. I thought for sure it would be Josh. He's really done nothing to build connections with people.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 03-04-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Agree with pretty much everything you said!

This initial format reminds me of BBAustralia from the season when Tim was on. I only saw the first handful of episodes, but I believe they divided the house and sectioned it off and one side couldn't use certain amenities.

Yes, looked it up. I did watch a few of these. This was the season that I wanted to see. Check out this clip to see how they divided the house.

I wish I would have kept up with this season. It was difficult as they were aired daily and hour-long episodes.

FYI, we settle down at night to view our recorded shows. That means that since I have to download BBCan, I usually do not get to watch it until the following evening. Just wanted it to be known in case you don't see me responding that night or next day about the current episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    FYI, we settle down at night to view our recorded shows. That means that since I have to download BBCan, I usually do not get to watch it until the following evening. Just wanted it to be known in case you don't see me responding that night or next day about the current episode.
    Thanks. I figured as much. In the past, I sometimes didn't get to watch BB until the weekend, when I would catch up on the week. But being stuck at home these days, the few TV shows that I watch are the bright spot in my day so, I generally watch things as they're aired. Which means I watch far more commercials than I used to. LOL!

Here's a little Canadiana for you. OLG (as in the OLG room) is the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation. This is the government agency that is responsible for regulating all lotteries in Ontario. When Victoria is playing the hockey game and scores, there is a little tune played and then you hear/see "Winner. Gagnant". When you scan a winning lottery ticket at a lottery terminal in Ontario, this is what the terminal plays. Everyone in the province is familiar with this sound.

Also, I love that the HOH doesn't get to play for Veto again. I like the control being in someone else's hands. I wish BBUS did this.

I am away for a few days so I’m not able to catch up until Sunday FYI.

I am away for a few days so I’m not able to catch up until Sunday FYI.
    I'm just going to post as I see the shows and you can catch up at your leisure.

I think the teams thing was a waste. I really liked it the first week as it took pressure off of an HOH having to nominate two people that they don't know yet. But then combining the team with an HOH in the second week was dull. The HOH had so few choices since her own team was safe. I would have preferred to see the evictions continue like they did the first week, where one team was safe and people could vote for whoever they wanted on the other team.

Based on the teams and HOH version, I'm glad they got rid of the teams early. I think they need to reassess how to make better use of the team play in the future.

I am not reading your message above until after I am caught up. I am 2 episodes behind...

Tonight I get caught up with last night's eviction episode!

Enjoying the season so far.

I was really enjoying the season, but this week just seemed kind of ho hum to me. None of the cast is really standing out as interesting. Although I did get a laugh out of the message that BB left for Tina and Tara about downing a beer before distributing it to the children. And this week's HOH could be very interesting. We shall see.

They should have kept the teams going another week at the least.

To catch up, if I may...

Kiefer -- what a waste of a game player and his HoH. I love his intensity and fandom for the game, however, he (and Victoria) are living for their soundbites. They constantly are trying to give speeches for camera time and to be considered one of the greatest to play the game. Kiefer had it made during his HoH and he wasted it. He had the power to have every couple swear their allegiance to him and guarantee his safety for weeks and he blew it. He came away with that HoH with one move only. He's very short-sighted for claiming to be a huge fan. He doesn't appear to see many moves ahead and appears only concerned with making a move that will be talked about or show some type of dominance. He chose his side, but by taking out one of the trio he would could have made deals like crazy to last through jury.

Love the Tera/Tina combo!

My top picks = Austin-Rohan-Tera-(Kyle)-Tina

BB must have worked out a hell of a deal with the Ontario Gov't. Today we started our third lockdown and state-of-emergency. This is the strictest lockdown since last March/April. Even live stream concerts have had to cancel because they aren't allowed to have a production crew in a venue to film a concert. And yet BB carries on.

I found it interesting that there seemed to be no reaction from Breydon when Victoria confirmed that she was the invisible HOH. She supposedly had an alliance with Breydon and Austin and sent Austin home. You'd think he would have jumped all over that.

Thoughts on the double?

Thoughts on the double?
    I think that Beth made a good and very sneaky move that will win her some votes if she gets to the final. She pulled off a classic blindside that even the victim seemed to admire. That's impressive.

The second was predictable once Keifer won. Rohan and Breydon were his only choices as he has alliances with everyone else. You knew that between those two, Rohan was going.

Yep, same feelings here. I said a few weeks ago to myself that Beth and the Boys remind me of Kelsey and the brothers from season 4. They leave them in until it's too, too late.

Sad to hear of the passing of BBCan4 alum Nikki.

Sad to hear of the passing of BBCan4 alum Nikki.
    Well, that is very sad news.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    All caught up. Some quick thoughts off the top of my noggin: Vic completely blew that invisible HoH. I thought for sure Beth was going to wimp out on the Vic move, so kudos to her. Now she needs to break from the boys.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    BTW,

Rohan reminds me of Riz Ahmed
    Tina reminds me of Ann Dowd.

Look them up.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    All caught up. Some quick thoughts off the top of my noggin: Vic completely blew that invisible HoH. I thought for sure Beth was going to wimp out on the Vic move, so kudos to her. Now she needs to break from the boys.
    I liked Beth at the start and on the live feeds but she quickly became silent around the boys. It's crazy how they act like she is not part of their alliance when they discuss things. I think Vic's problem was that she has some major baggage with women in her past and once she had a thing for Austin, the only thing Vic wanted was Austin gone.

Rohan does look like Riz Ahmed and Tina like Ann Dowd. Welcome back, Paulie!

I can't believe it.

TARA!!!!! YES!

I don't want her to win. I just love that one of the Sunsetters didn't win. This should be a fun week!

I think that getting rid of Keifer would have been one of the stupidest moves ever. It would have divided the house into two groups of three and put Beth and the boys in jeopardy. With Tara being HOH, even if she puts up two Sunsetters, the other two will still control the vote. If they had voted out Keifer and Tara wins HOH, Sunsetters go up and Tina and Breydon would have controlled the vote. They didn't have the numbers to get rid of Keifer. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as though that was their logic for keeping him.

As of today, my vote is Keifer for the win.