Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada: Season 6

Crazy, huh?! Middle of Week 3 and to date 1 houseguest self-evicts, 1 eviction ceremony, 2 houseguests get removed.

RESTART THE ENTIRE SEASON WITH A NEW CAST!!!!

By the way, Carol threatened to self-evict week 1. I didn't want to reveal that here in case it was broadcast on the proper show. F*ck!! This is getting ridiculous.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I watched the Youtube and I didn't see anything worth getting the boot. Did I miss something?
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I watched the Youtube and I didn't see anything worth getting the boot. Did I miss something?
    Define the houseguest(s) you are referring to....?

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Both.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

From what I gathered, Jamar was arguing with Kyle. Jamar then motioned his hand like a handgun and uttered something similar to, "You're big and bad in here, but out there you wouldn't be" -- allegedly that is what the crossed line in regards to Jamar.

I believe Kyle would talk down to people and belittle them, especially the women, if I recall correctly. I will follow up and let you know.

We might lose the season... and it wouldn't be because of the idiots IN the house...

Crew members on ‘Big Brother Canada’ resign over COVID-19 fears as show continues production

an excerpt:

Many crew members quit on Sunday, according to the source. Others have remained, the source said, because they don’t want to lose their eligibility for employment insurance. (Employees who quit a job aren’t eligible for EI benefits unless they have “just cause” for doing so.) The situation left one crew member in tears—they don’t “want to be there,” the source said.
    One comment said:

WMA or Emergencies Act will auto shut it down and I predict that will be invoked within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post

@ 30:20 is when Jamar says his thing to Kyle, along with the hand gesture. Kyle even adds that Jamar can get kicked out of the game for those remarks. The entire clip has a lot of juice, so if ya got time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    an excerpt:

One comment said:

WMA or Emergencies Act will auto shut it down and I predict that will be invoked within the week.

The Premier of Ontario, Doug Ford, put the province on lock-down this afternoon for all but essential services. All non-essential businesses must shut their offices by midnight tomorrow (March 24). I haven't yet read the list of essential services, but I highly doubt that BBCan is on it.

John Tory, the Mayor of Toronto, announced a state of emergency shortly afterwards. Since the set is in Toronto, Ontario, I'd say we're very likely done.

I hate to be right on this one, but I predicted this a week ago.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 03-23-2020 at 10:58 PM.

I decided to check the live feeds this morning. First it said the feeds were down, and then this...

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 9.19.36 AM.jpgZ

So who knows. No official announcement yet, but I just don't see it continuing. If it does have to be cancelled, they should bring back the contestants that want to be there, next year. I feel bad for the players who were living their dream. Also, it's probably the safest place they can be right now! But not so safe for the crew.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 03-24-2020 at 09:26 AM.

They usually have that screen, and others with similar joking, when there is a comp or something they don't want the audience to see in order to keep it for broadcast.

Hoping...

And the news that we've been waiting for...

https://globalnews.ca/news/6724492/b...d-coronavirus/

I'm bummed. I understand, but I am still bummed out about this.

I have mixed feelings. I'm bummed, but at the same time the season was sucking giant hippo balls. Four people out of the house so far and only one real eviction, and you know that Carol was out this week so, really, 1 out of 5.

At least we still have Survivor.

Kyle has deleted his Twitter account. All others from BBCan 8 are still active.

House update: we would have been down to the final 5 this week...

====

Robyn Kass @Kassting 7:13 AM · Jan 11, 2021

All #BBCAN9 semi finalists have now been contacted. Thank you to everyone who applied on line! We received a record number of submissions and we were thoroughly entertained by your creativity and love for the show! It’s gonna be a groundbreaking season!

====

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    ====

Robyn Kass @Kassting 7:13 AM · Jan 11, 2021

All #BBCAN9 semi finalists have now been contacted. Thank you to everyone who applied on line! We received a record number of submissions and we were thoroughly entertained by your creativity and love for the show! It’s gonna be a groundbreaking season!

====
    Ooooh! I'll have to ask my friend, Willard, if he's heard anything.

Sadly, Willard hasn't heard anything. He'll post his audition video once they start advertising for the season. I can't wait to see it!

They do keep applications on file for future seasons or other shows.

BBCan, season 9 start date is March 24, 2021.

Pandemic aside, I hope they have a better cast than last season where more people quit than were actually evicted. It was ramping up to be the shittiest season ever. I think the Covid lockdown did everyone a favour by putting BBCan S8 out of it's misery.

Just as an FYI, we are currently coming out of a second province-wide lockdown. There are no guarantees that this season will be able to finish either unless production is exempt from any further lockdowns. I expect that it would be as Covid protocols would be in place today that were not in place last year, but Toronto is the hotspot of Ontario. While most other regions have been released from the stay-at-home order in place since Dec. 26, Toronto and two bordering regions have not been. Although the expectation is that they will be moved to a less restrictive state next week.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-16-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks for the update and the regional info.

I fear last season was headed to "worst ever" unless something changed. It got ugly quick with all the accusations flying. While I am very optimistic with this upcoming season, I am also cautious as production stated they were revamping certain processes (with Arissa's mind involved) and I just hope those aren't too drastic to fully change the game.

I am hoping for someone like Talla aka LALA . Remember her from season 1??

Where is she now? She was on Twitter and stuff some time ago but seems to have vanished for the last few years. I haven't found any sign of her anywhere. Last photo I saw of her was in 2017.

Season 1 was the best and I doubt can be topped. Talla, Peter Brown, Gary Glitter. Can't forget my introduction to Marsha! Then, the finale with Topaz screwing it all up!

Bring on BBCan 9!!!!

Season 1 was epic! The first couple of seasons were really good. Then the format became very 'americanized" and lost it's Canadian charm IMO. I still enjoy it, but it's not the same as those first couple of seasons.

Season 1 & 2 for the win -- definitely! I loved the Canadian flavor that made it different from the US version.