Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother Canada: Season 6

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm all caught up again thanks to Gruno. Things didn't shake out as I wanted them to, but still leaves some interesting scenarios. Underdog activation is swinging to Betty & Josh.

BTW, Arissa's stylist should get the boot! Her dresses are normally atrocious, but that last one was hideous!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    BTW, Arissa's stylist should get the boot! Her dresses are normally atrocious, but that last one was hideous!
    All I could think of was The Partridge Family's bus! She totally rocked the yellow and blue dress to support Ukraine the previous week.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    I'm going to be on a business trip from Wednesday to Friday and won't even have my evenings free, so I won't be able to watch the last two episodes until at least Saturday. I hate knowing who won before I watch, but I'm sure I'll hear or read it somewhere before I can watch it.
    Well, my business trip has been cancelled, so I can watch BBCan this week. Thanks Covid!

(I'm fine. Had it last week but still testing positive so we're doing virtual meetings instead)

All I could think of was The Partridge Family's bus! She totally rocked the yellow and blue dress to support Ukraine the previous week.
    Patridge family is what I came away with also!!!!

Let me know when you've watched the finale. I don't want to give anything away.

Done with the season finale.

Paulie?

Finished up yesterday. I'm ok with the winner. Not sure why Josh thought he had a better chance than Kevin, but either way, I think he was toast.

Ok, it's no surprise I am ecstatic that Kevin won!

While he didn't play a flawless game, he was able to turn his mistakes around and work things out each week. He got Betty to do a complete turn around from hating him, to working then with him. The ending comps when Josh should have cut Kevin were intense. Joshua was so in love with Kevin (no lie) that he would have done anything to keep Kevin. I didn't believe it until it happened each time. I have never openly blurted out real-time responses while watching BB, but I did during the last 2 episodes. It was like watching a sporting event! For Joshua to win POV, remove Betty, and she do whatever Josh wants... and that is to save Kevin! You can't make this stuff up!

Kevin delivered an excellent final speech that was to the point and highlighted key moments for each player in jury. Not only that, many of those key points appeared to be revelations and lightbulb moments from the looks on their faces. Betty's look was typical Betty scowl.

On the flip side, the jury was an odd bunch. As a whole they did not like Josh & Betty. Haleena might have won against those two.

Marty winning fave player was interesting. I would have thought Betty or Kevin.

Kevin moved up to one of my all time favorite players. The entire season was good from the start. All those veto wins to start the season. A lot of unpredictable moments and blindsides. And we got Marsha to come back home!! Loved it!

C'mon USA, do something!!!!

I agree with everything Gruno said. I was happy to see Kevin win. Although, honestly, I was a little surprised. He backstabbed Gino, Jacey Lynn and Marty so I was shocked to see them vote for him. I guess that just shows the good game that he played. He lied and back-stabbed, and yet people still liked him and respected his game. That says a lot about the game he played.

Maybe Josh thought the same thing I did, that Kevin screwed over enough people who wouldn't vote for him.

Marty as favourite player was totally surprising.

Overall, this was a good season. I really enjoyed it. BBUS really needs to adopt that the HOH can't play Veto. It makes such a difference in the game when the HOH doesn't have the option of holding all the power.

I also love that BBCan doesn't have to tolerate Zingbot. He really needs to be retired.

I also love that BBCan doesn't have to tolerate Zingbot. He really needs to be retired.
    Canada doesn't need Zingbot when they have Ika.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    Canada doesn't need Zingbot when they have Ika.
    LOL! Excellent point.

Marty as favourite player was totally surprising.
    I found Marty as fan favorite perplexing. I couldn't stand him.

Season 11 of BBCAN starts March 8th.

Season 11 of BBCAN starts March 8th.
    I just saw the promo with Arissa and her new look!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I just saw the promo with Arissa and her new look!!
    I was shocked when I saw the commercial on TV!

Say it ain’t so!

BB Canada announced no live feeds this season. Instead you can catch a daily recap online.

Say it ain’t so!

BB Canada announced no live feeds this season. Instead you can catch a daily recap online.
    Huh. I wonder why.

Huh. I wonder why.
    What's the point now if there are no feeds? The game can now be manipulated beyond belief. Fandom is going crazy online over this.

Read Here

an excerpt:

“We are known for giving audiences behind the scenes access to Big Brother Canada, and we’re excited to debut Digital Dailies this season. This new content offering came together after thoughtful consideration, with us taking a new approach to the BBCAN live feeds by offering an exclusive peek inside the house and moving away from the 24/7 live feeds,” said Lisa Godfrey, Senior Vice President, Original Content and Corus Studios, Corus Entertainment. “We are constantly looking for new ways to evolve the show to ensure we operate with the utmost duty of care and prioritize the mental health and well-being of the houseguests, and their family members, as well as our own production team who work closely on the series. We are happy to continue delivering the exclusive content we know audiences love, in a way that works best for our BBCAN family.”

We are constantly looking for new ways to evolve the show to ensure we operate with the utmost duty of care and prioritize the mental health and well-being of the houseguests, and their family members
    In Canada there is a huge emphasis on mental health, removing the stigma, and protecting people. I can see how this might come into play during the live feeds where everything is made public and there is nowhere to hide. If they only air selected footage of the day, they can choose what is made public and what is not, and by doing so try to protect people from how they might be seen, and how their time in the house might affect them when they’re back in the real world.

While I can see why fans would be upset, I can also see the benefit to not laying out every single second of your life for everyone to see. And, yes, I appreciate that’s the whole point of the show.

In Canada there is a huge emphasis on mental health, removing the stigma, and protecting people. I can see how this might come into play during the live feeds where everything is made public and there is nowhere to hide. If they only air selected footage of the day, they can choose what is made public and what is not, and by doing so try to protect people from how they might be seen, and how their time in the house might affect them when they’re back in the real world.

While I can see why fans would be upset, I can also see the benefit to not laying out every single second of your life for everyone to see. And, yes, I appreciate that’s the whole point of the show.
    Big Brother is an established television show. The format is known. It's not a surprise that cameras capture and broadcast 24/7. That's Big Brother. I feel it falls on the responsibility of the contestant when they agree to be on the program.

Big Brother is an established television show. The format is known. It's not a surprise that cameras capture and broadcast 24/7. That's Big Brother. I feel it falls on the responsibility of the contestant when they agree to be on the program.
    I don't disagree with you. I'm just providing a speculative explanation of where the decision might be rooted.

BBCan started tonight. It airs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. . It's too early for comments other than the house has been totally redesigned and is really cool!

Haven’t had a chance to watch a single episode yet. Traveling and will most likely be caught up next week.