Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dixie Dregs 2018 Tour Spoilers

Crossroads of course!

Quite the 'All Star Jam', looks nice.
    I don't feel short changed with our show, but Nice for you folks.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Got second row tickets for the show in Sacratomato at the Crest, April 18th, thanks to an old acquaintance.

Thanks to all for your reviews.

Next Thursday in Pittsburgh.

Pure fire last night at a packed Town Hall. One standing ovation after another. The band is getting tighter as the nights go by, those with tickets for upcoming shows are in for a treat.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=qaeL4CcT8J8
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=m3W1MfXz5KE
    Last edited by Obscured; 03-17-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Tomorrow night in Boston!

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    Tomorrow night in Boston!
    I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Bill

This is a solid example of me knowing about it a long time ago and the date in my mind and the real date became two different things. Have fun, dudes!

From what I've seen/heard so far, he's picking from the elbow a LOT more than I ever saw before, which is resulting in some less-than-clean high speed runs. But, since I'm 62, I can understand where he's coming from. I've had to modify my technique somewhat in recent years to accommodate the onslaught of age myself. For me, it's leaning towards the Holdsworth style of a lot more legato runs, as opposed to Morse's picking almost every bloody note. When my left hand starts slowing down, I don't know what I'll do.

But it's still refreshing to hear some people playing the snot out of their instruments. Go get 'em, Steve...
    Gnish-gnosh borble wiff, shlauuffin oople tirk.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Superb energy last night in Beantown. Glad they lost the banner.

A couple of shots from the Boston show last night.

20180319_202742.jpg20180319_203851.jpg

Definitely a good show, I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the sound was really good, you could hear everything clearly (I did use my -10db earplugs). Thought everyone played well. Sloan's intonation was a little iffy in spots, but his energy still won me over. Morgaestein's deep snare sounded particularly good to me, and he took tastefully short features spots that I enjoyed.

By the end of the night, I felt like I'd heard the same song about 10 times, a lot of the Dregs stuff is very samey. But it's a good song, and I'm glad I caught this show.

Bill

Yeah, Reb Beach joined in Pittsburgh for Crossroads encore.

Most serious excellent show.

Do we know whether there will be a live recording of any of these shows or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    There are several already. If you mean the official kind, then someone mentioned on the other thread that there are plans afoot for when they get to Boulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    There are several already. If you mean the official kind, then someone mentioned on the other thread that there are plans afoot for when they get to Boulder.
    Yeah I mean officially and I apologize if it’s been mentioned before. Thanks for the info

I was joking. I'd just been browsing a torrent or two before checking this thread, so....

Anyway, no need to apologize. I think the other thread got buried already. It'll be great if those recording details get confirmed afterward, though--I'm not sure how excited to get about an eventual album/video yet.

Saw them in Albany Wednesday night, and was blown away. I've seen SMB, but never a Dregs show. Wow!

No reports re the Chicago Vic Theater show, or are you boyz still too hungover to get out of bed?

Weird that the tour is taking a 2-3 week break.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post

Is this automatically done?

Was at the Chicago, Vic Theater, show. For me it was the first time seeing the Dregs. Should have seen them in 1980 at Alpine Valley open for the Doobie Brothers, but my friend decided he did not care for opening acts and drove slow. Anyways, great show. Looks like the same set as the other nights, minus one song. Steve was in fine form and at 63 still plays great. Andy West handled most of the talking and was also in fine form. Rod Morgenstein looked like he was having a great time, smiling the entire time. Allen Sloan was up front the entire time and even did a little solo of his own. Steve Davidowski played great, although my friends thought he was a little behind everyone else. No covers, just Dregs although when introducing the band Morse played a small snipets of various songs including Sabbath, CCR and more.

^^^^
    Was the Vic show all GA standing on the floor? I'm curious, how packed was the floor? I almost drove in but didn't want to deal with standing, so going to a seated theater show in a few weeks.

Yes, main floor all GA/standing at the Vic. It was crowded, but not packed. There was plenty of room in front of the sound desk. One nice thing about the Vic is that they have railings at the front of the tiers, so you can hang your jackets and lean.