Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rush Live Releases

A few of those first album, Presto and Test For Echo songs have been officially released as bonus features from the R40 box and the Time Stand Still doc.

Also The Twilight Zone live was released on the most recent 2112 release but that track is obviously from a badly sourced bootleg.

I'd rather see a live release of songs performed prior to their official release. Based on what's out there, there are some pretty cool variations and insights into their development.

I am also a big fan of "Madrigal." Not enough sentimentalists around here, dammit!
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I take it you're not fond of Tears or Different Strings? As far as I'm concerned, those are two of their very best songs. I certainly feel that other than maybe Subdivisions and one or two others, they have Rush's very best lyrics, too (and they were both written by Geddy, no less!).
    I think that Different Strings is a good song and Tears is a bad song.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I think that Different Strings is a good song and Tears is a bad song.
    Both with lyrics by Geddy. I believe that was the last song he contributed lyrics to.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Both with lyrics by Geddy. I believe that was the last song he contributed lyrics to.
    Close, but Chemistry came a few years later, with lyrics written by all three members, oddly enough!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

The eons are closing
    In the spirit of the threads original intention:

I don't own a live version of the following three and I would like to:

Chemistry
    available light
    Coldfire
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

By Tor and The Necromancer live in '77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZS82iWQ-X8

My first choice out of the whole list would be "No One at the Bridge." What a beautiful song. It should have been a major Rush live anthem.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I'd rather see a live release of songs performed prior to their official release. Based on what's out there, there are some pretty cool variations and insights into their development.

I am also a big fan of "Madrigal." Not enough sentimentalists around here, dammit!
    Played Madrigal at our wedding.