Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cuneiform amazing weekend deals on bandcamp

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ah I was thinking of the movie. Never heard of the tv show.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Ah I was thinking of the movie. Never heard of the tv show.
    The movie is essentially a parody/homage of the TV show, which ran for several years, Stateside, back in the late 80's. As I recall, it was one of the first shows on the Fox Network when it started, and one of their first hits.

Depp was actually in a couple movies before 21 Jump Street. Notably, he was in the original Nightmare In Elm Street, having one of the more memorable slasher film death scenes (Freddie pulls him into his bed, after a fountain of blood erupts from the hole in the mattress). He was also in a movie called Private Resort, a really dumb comedy, which seemed to go into full tilt heavy rotation on HBO and Cinemax once he got famous on TV (and then the same thing happened again a couple years later, when Depp's costar in the film, Rob Morrow was similarly catapulted into TV celebrity via Northern Exposure).

Happy The Man's Better Late... this weekend. A band I have never really explored beyond one or two tracks - but I will certainly give it a listen.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Happy The Man's Better Late... this weekend. A band I have never really explored beyond one or two tracks - but I will certainly give it a listen.
    Done!

Masco, check their first one,"HTM" and "Crafty Hands" ... special mention to the "Live" one!

From YT:
    Happy the Man, the rare and original "Catch A Rising Star" from 1977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKenofY3LI

Regards!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Masco, check their first one,"HTM" and "Crafty Hands" ... special mention to the "Live" one!

From YT:
    Happy the Man, the rare and original "Catch A Rising Star" from 1977

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKenofY3LI

Regards!
    Thanks - nice stuff.

Bandcamp Profile

This weekend it's the first Steve Tibbetts album:

https://cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.co...steve-tibbetts

Whether you buy the album or not, don't fail to click on the link to the press release that is on the Bandcamp page. It's a thing of great beauty!
    Last edited by Mascodagama; 2 Days Ago at 05:57 AM.

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Whether you buy the album or not, don't fail to click on the link to the press release that is on the Bandcamp page. It's a thing of great beauty!
    I laughed my ass off when the original of this came in the mail from Steve, complete with all of the photos and footnotes and it still makes me laugh.

"It's all too beautiful...."
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.