Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Time for a New Pat Metheny Group Thread

ECM released a promo-only live album of the Pat Metheny Group from 1977 that included "Wrong Is Right."

https://www.discogs.com/Pat-Metheny-...elease/1776577

Incidentally, I took drum lessons with Paul Wertico once and he mentioned that the live Gary Burton record with Larry Coryell was Pat's favorite album.

^^^
    Interesting! Just got a copy of Unity Band in the mail today. I passed on this one back in 2012 but I'm glad I picked it up. A superb recording job by James Farber, and the band sounds really good.

I grew up with a lot of Pat Metheny around thanks to my dad and I've been slowly purchasing used copies of his stuff, basically in chronological order. My dad preferred his Pat Metheny Group stuff to his more out there jazz or trio style offerings, so I am excited to hear more of Pat in that mode.

Last week I ordered 80/81 and Witchita Falls. Eager to spin both. All I have heard so far has been better than I remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    Last week I ordered 80/81 and Witchita Falls. Eager to spin both. All I have heard so far has been better than I remembered it.
    Those are both great albums. Very different too so you'll have a lot of diverse music to dig into.

I've always assumed Zero Tolerance for Silence was just 40 minutes of feedback the way people talk about it, but I like this album a lot.

It sounds like a long lost Nels Cline record from the early 2000s.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    I've always assumed Zero Tolerance for Silence was just 40 minutes of feedback...
    Sadly no; that would have been an improvement.

I am joking!!!!