Page 8 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Okay. So, why didn't they arrest him at the scene?

I'm not saying that it's not legit, or that Bennett shouldn't be disciplined, or whatever. I just have a lot of questions about the whole thing.
    I wonder the same things. Obviously the Eagles didn’t know. Maybe the Seahawks got wind of it somehow. The length of time between the incident and the charges is dubious in my opinion, even if there's any truth to it. An elderly, paraplegic security guard? Now that's progressive.

Bennett seems to always have something like this lingering around him. Either because of something he does or says. Get use to it.

Okay. So, why didn't they arrest him at the scene?

I'm not saying that it's not legit, or that Bennett shouldn't be disciplined, or whatever. I just have a lot of questions about the whole thing.
    Don't know. Just what the article says.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

why did she wait over a year to file charges?
    I thought this happened in last month's SB?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I thought this happened in last month's SB?
    No - it was last year's Super Bowl.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The OBJ rumors are flying!

Ndonkikong Suh to the Rams

Rams taking advantage of those rookie contracts when they can. Personally I hope they fall on their asses next season but that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Rams taking advantage of those rookie contracts when they can. Personally I hope they fall on their asses next season but that's me.
    No, it's not.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Me too but then I'm a Hawks fan.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

There's even a rumor regarding OBJ going to the Rams. Thing is, the more the Rams spend, the bigger the expectations, the smaller the window and the harder the fall if they fail (the Seahawks didn't become more successful with each contract renegotiation). Then again, with all the expectations last year they were one-n-done in the playoffs and didn't look particularly good in that loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    There's even a rumor regarding OBJ going to the Rams. Thing is, the more the Rams spend, the bigger the expectations, the smaller the window and the harder the fall if they fail (the Seahawks didn't become more successful with each contract renegotiation). Then again, with all the expectations last year they were one-n-done in the playoffs and didn't look particularly good in that loss.
    They are following the Seahawks model of grabbing the superbowl opportunity while the QB is on the rookie contract, once you have to pay the QB you start cutting good players for salary reasons.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

NFL Rules Committee approved a new catch rule. A receiver must control the ball, establish himself in bounds and perform a football move. This helps some, but now the debate will be whether the player performed a football move, and what constitutes a football move. The new rule will fix some of the worst calls under the old rule, but will also create new nonsense. Hopefully, it's less nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They are following the Seahawks model of grabbing the superbowl opportunity while the QB is on the rookie contract, once you have to pay the QB you start cutting good players for salary reasons.
    It's a good model. Dallas should be looking at OBJ as well. His ability to get separation from defenders and his superior "yards after catch" ability make him well suited to Dak Prescott's short-route strengths. Dallas' window is about as short as Prescott and Elliott's rookie contract years. The defense is already suspect and the excellent offensive line is only going to experience more attrition in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    NFL Rules Committee approved a new catch rule. A receiver must control the ball, establish himself in bounds and perform a football move. This helps some, but now the debate will be whether the player performed a football move, and what constitutes a football move. The new rule will fix some of the worst calls under the old rule, but will also create new nonsense. Hopefully, it's less nonsense.
    The "football move" thing is so freaking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The expectations were only realized mid-season, though, correct? They only became a contender once it was evident that Goff could actually play.

The "football move" thing is so freaking stupid.
    Also: "going to the ground" is not going to be defined as a football move, unless it's deliberate. So, for those catches by the sidelines where a player jumps, gets two feet in and then falls down - the old rule would apply (catch is only completed if the receiver maintained control at all times when going to the ground).

So, this "new rule" accomplishes nothing.

Great job, NFL.

I think they should just eliminate the forward pass. Think of the money teams would save , not having to pay QBs or WRs.... Just 3 yards and a cloud of dust on every play!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I think they should just eliminate the forward pass. Think of the money teams would save , not having to pay QBs or WRs.... Just 3 yards and a cloud of dust on every play!
    Rugby, much better game.
    Ian

WHAT......

Is a football move?

I want serious answers, not snark......

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    WHAT......

Is a football move?
    The NFL declined to comprehensively define it. However, the NFL did say that a step or - more importantly - a lunge will be considered football moves. So, if a player lunges to the ground and loses control, an incompletion under the old rule could now be a completion.

The problem, as I said in last year's thread, is that if you are going to make completed passes subject to replay review then there needs to be a clearly defined, observable-in-real-time catch rule. It's hard to write one. The NFL has decided that it would rather struggle with what a football move is, then run a replay under slow-mo 50 times to determine if there was ever a point in the play - even if only for 1/10th of a second, where a receiver had a firm grasp on the ball. And I fully agree with that.

The revised rule sounds like an improvement, however there were passes that were called incomplete under the old rule that will be called fumbles under the revised rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The problem, as I said in last year's thread, is that if you are going to make completed passes subject to replay review then there needs to be a clearly defined, observable-in-real-time catch rule. It's hard to write one.
    Possession + two feet.

Not hard at all.