Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

The Rams ain't effing around either. GO RAMS!

Oh my oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Nice win for the Seahawks.
    The Lions were dominated today. They continue to be an amazingly inconsistent team.

That Rams game was a joy to watch. And the Seahawks look like they might be part of the equation, now. The Eagles won ugly, but considering the circumstances, just winning was all that's important.

Oh, and I'm undefeated in my pick 'em pool, with New England vs. Buffalo tonight. I've had a horrible season so far, but this week could get me back into it. I'm like the Seahawks of my league.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Oh, and I'm undefeated in my pick 'em pool, with New England vs. Buffalo tonight. I've had a horrible season so far, but this week could get me back into it. I'm like the Seahawks of my league.
    You have a cheater coaching you??

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Doesn't everyone?

Next 4 for Seahawks are Chargers, Rams, Packers and Panthers, we'll know after that if we are for real or not.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    You have a cheater coaching you??
    No, but I once attempted a pass when I should have just run.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Welcome to the NFL Sam and Baker.

The Browns have fired Hue Jackson.

No, but I once attempted a pass when I should have just run.

Todd Haley is apparently out, as well.

Oh, Sweet Jesus...<sobs>...Finally!
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Ryan Fitzpatrick is apparently starting for Tampa Bay this week.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Oh, Sweet Jesus...<sobs>...Finally!
    Longest leash in the history of the NFL?........

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Not as long as Marvin Lewis.

Not as long as Marvin Lewis.
    Yeah, but he has a winning overall record with Cincy, has won 4 division titles and 7 playoff appearances. He can't get past that wild card game but compared to .088, he's almost Lombardi like...

Yeah, but he has a winning overall record with Cincy, has won 4 division titles and 7 playoff appearances. He can't get past that wild card game but compared to .088, he's almost Lombardi like...
    I would argue that Lewis had a greater expectations-to-results deficit.

That's harsh but true.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That's because of the quick trigger finger fires of the previous 4 coaches (Mangini, Shurmur, Chud, Pettine.) The fear was that they would get the reputation of an organization who makes knee-jerk reactionary moves instead of giving things time to develop. That would make it near impossible to attract top coaching talent. Having said that, the entire Cleveland media & fanbase wanted Hue gone this past offseason. The speculation is that because Hue's a nice, likable guy, the owner wanted to give him every opportunity to turn the ship around. I suspect that fear regarding Baker Mayfield's development was the straw that broke the camel's back, and GM John Dorsey was instrumental in the move.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

That's what is sounded like on the interviews I heard, & Haley rubbed a bunch of people up the wrong way, guess they're happy they did Hard Knocks now!
    Ian

Soooo glad that Haley is out of Pittsburgh! Dude is way too full of himself.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

I'm not sure what's worse...the Bills QB situation OR listening to Jason Witten & Booger McFarland argue about the Bills QB situation.

There's not much worse than listening to those two. Mute them and listen to music. Mute them and listen to the radio broadcast. Or switch over to the Spanish telecast. Even if you know little or no Spanish it beats listening to those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    There's not much worse than listening to those two. Mute them and listen to music. Mute them and listen to the radio broadcast. Or switch over to the Spanish telecast. Even if you know little or no Spanish it beats listening to those guys.
    My eccentric sports viewing habits include recording all games (football, baseball & basketball) that I plan to watch, insure that I am not in a place or situation that would give me the outcome, and then watch them fast-forwarding through commercials and (in the case of football) halftime. This saves a great deal of time, exponentially more useful and appreciated when one becomes f*****g old.

I also watch the first quarters of football & basketball w/sound, and then mute them & play music. Baseball I do the same after 2 innings unless I'm in the mood for some hilarious Uecker humor play by play on the radio.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

The Eagles have acquired Golden Tate from Detroit for a 3rd rounder.