Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

  1. #3051
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,156
    Baltimore is trading Joe Flacco to Denver.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  2. #3052
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,994
    ^ For a case of Coors?
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  3. #3053
    They're showing the top 20 games of 2018-19 on the NFL channel. Was watching Ravens/Saints off and on. Do any officials know any rules of the game.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  4. #3054
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Kareem Hunt signs with the Browns. This is unacceptable!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I was hoping the Ravens would have signed him.
    Forgot to mention earlier, Hunt is a Cleveland kid. Aside from the fact that the Browns are widely viewed as a team on the rise, it's hard to compete with home.

  5. #3055
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Forgot to mention earlier, Hunt is a Cleveland kid. Aside from the fact that the Browns are widely viewed as a team on the rise, it's hard to compete with home.
    He also played his college ball at Toledo which is also pretty local. I have a vivid memory of the day he put up more than 200 yards in one game against here in Kalamazoo against WMU. Toledo lost, but it was a pretty amazing performance.

  6. #3056
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,994
    ^ Yeah, oddly, Cleveland has some small schools with high academics but no real athletic programs. Cleveland St has made waves in Basketball, and I think one of them is good in Lacrosse, but in general, if you want to excel at a major college sport, you've got to leave town.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  7. #3057
    cunning linguist 3LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Yeah, oddly, Cleveland has some small schools with high academics but no real athletic programs. Cleveland St has made waves in Basketball, and I think one of them is good in Lacrosse, but in general, if you want to excel at a major college sport, you've got to leave town.
    I hope it works out. I wouldn't mind seeing a fanbase like the Cleveland Browns get a good run. I remember something Mike Ditka said back in the '90s, when a reporter asked him if he thought the Bulls could eclipse the Bears in popularity, Ditka retorted, [quicklychewinggum]"I don't care if the Bulls win 10 championships. the greatest moment in Chicago sports in the last 50 years will be the Bears winning the Super Bowl"[/quicklychewinggum] I think the same could be said for Cleveland regarding the Browns.
    Digital playback brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

  8. #3058
    cunning linguist 3LockBox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Posts
    1,997
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Cleveland has some small schools with high academics but no real athletic programs.
    Yeah, just opposite in Columbus


    Digital playback brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

  9. #3059
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I hope it works out. I wouldn't mind seeing a fanbase like the Cleveland Browns get a good run. I remember something Mike Ditka said back in the '90s, when a reporter asked him if he thought the Bulls could eclipse the Bears in popularity, Ditka retorted, [quicklychewinggum]"I don't care if the Bulls win 10 championships. the greatest moment in Chicago sports in the last 50 years will be the Bears winning the Super Bowl"[/quicklychewinggum] I think the same could be said for Cleveland regarding the Browns.
    If Detroit ever wins the whole state is going to blow up.

  10. #3060
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,994
    Uh-oh. The Trouble in Burghadise is getting worse:

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/16/st...wner-mentality
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  11. #3061
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,420
    Robert Kraft was just charged with soliciting prostitution
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  12. #3062
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Robert Kraft was just charged with soliciting prostitution
    Take a look at his wife. She's 39 years younger than him. The equivalent would be for me to date someone 15 years old. That is simply wrong in so many ways
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

  13. #3063
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Take a look at his wife. She's 39 years younger than him. The equivalent would be for me to date someone 15 years old. That is simply wrong in so many ways
    She's an adult. 15 is not...that's not equivalent. I have no problems there. In fact, good for him! But this new mess? That's a whole other pile of shit stepped in
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  14. #3064
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Planet Lovetron
    Posts
    6,994
    The obvious question is "Why does a rich geezer like him need to buy a prostitute?" Second question: "Was the Stormy Daniels model too expensive?"
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  15. #3065
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,156
    Hilarious
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  16. #3066

  17. #3067
    Studmuffin Scott Bails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    4,156
    Stolen from Twitter:

    Robert Kraft:

    - 2001 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2003 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2004 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2014 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2016 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2018 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2019 Prostitution Ring
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

  18. #3068
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Robert Kraft was just charged with soliciting prostitution
    So paying officials to "blow" calls is now prostitution.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  19. #3069
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    Take a look at his wife. She's 39 years younger than him. The equivalent would be for me to date someone 15 years old. That is simply wrong in so many ways
    He's not married, he's dating a woman 39 years younger than him, he'll get a slap on the wrist like Irsay.
    Ian

    Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  20. #3070
    If Brady can deflate his balls so can he.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

  21. #3071
    Member oilersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    292
    Not gonna bother resizing it...laughed way too hard at this one...

    Wanchuk2 (4).jpg

  22. #3072
    Irritated Lawn Guy Klonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rockland, NY
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by oilersfan View Post
    Not gonna bother resizing it...laughed way too hard at this one...

    Wanchuk2 (4).jpg
    nice
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe

  23. #3073
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    4,402
    But who's more despicable, Kraft or Shmollet?...

  24. #3074
    ALL ACCESS Gruno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dio, Alabama
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Stolen from Twitter:

    Robert Kraft:

    - 2001 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2003 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2004 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2014 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2016 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2018 Super Bowl Ring
    - 2019 Prostitution Ring
    Newly released image of the prostitute Kraft would call upon...






    *stolen from FaceBook

  25. #3075
    Member Vic2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    4,402
    Ouch. What has been seen, cannot be unseen......

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •