Page 121 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    If only the Eagles could have beaten The Saints they would have been Super Bowl repeats. They would have beaten The Rams just like they did in 2018 and 2017 regular season and they would have beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl again.
    "if only"

if only pigs could fly
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If only the Eagles could have beaten The Saints they would have been Super Bowl repeats. They would have beaten The Rams just like they did in 2018 and 2017 regular season and they would have beaten the Patriots in the Super Bowl again.
    You're sounding like Ed.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    After the game, the Gurley Man said he was fine, and he can only control what he can control. Iow, "Go ask coach." Also, the sideline reporter reported several times during the game that the Rams were saying that Gurley was not injured and OK to play.
    Just like last year's mysterious coaching decision to bench Malcolm Butler by Belichick, this story might extend into the off-season as well.

Eagles beat Saints ÷ 647 x f(x) , carry the 17 and divide by 6 to the 10th power and apply to the hypotenuse = Eagles are Super Bowl Champions!

^ Hate to break it to you, but the scuttlebutt is that the Eagles will franchise tag Foles and then seek to move him in a trade... I don't know who would want him after he's been franchised.

^ Hate to break it to you, but the scuttlebutt is that the Eagles will franchise tag Foles and then seek to move him in a trade... I don't know who would want him after he's been franchised.
    Did you know that the term scuttlebutt is also an old Navy slang for drinking fountain?

That would be a shity way to treat the guy who won you a Super Bowl. Maybe Doug Pederson should pull a Shula and platoon his quarterbacks. Wentz for three-quarters of the regular season and bring Foles in to warm up for the playoffs.

I enjoyed the game. Outcome was obviously what I didn't want, but I had fun.

Those saying the Saints or another team would have scored more or won against the Patriots: Le Wahhhhhh....! Anyone can play "what if..." all day long.

While there was some great defensive play, I thought the lack of scoring was often due to awful offensive play. Brady often looked out of sync, for some reason, and Goff looked scared to death. McVay, the supposed offensive genius, coached way too conservatively.

I thought the game was rather boring, the halftime show was predictably awful (that first rapper knows that every word he said was bleeped, right?), and there were only a few decent commercials.

Not the best Super Bowl, by any measurement.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post

No, that's clearly the one the Seahawks won
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'm not suggesting that it was a riveting game, or one of the best Super Bowls. I just didn't find it dull. I agree with what others here have stated that the Saints would have acquitted themselves better. Poor coaching decisions by the wunderkind didn't help the Rams either. You have perhaps the best RB in the League who is a breakaway threat, and you sit him most of the game? Wtf? You have a high-scoring offense, win the coin toss, and have an opportunity to end up with an extra possession as a result, and you defer? Kid got schooled. I already said that I think Goff wet himself. In no way was it an all-around well played game. But for the reasons I already stated, I thought it was not boring.
    This is basically how I feel. I do prefer a little more offensive capacity in my defensive bouts, but both teams did adjust a bit (obviously the pats adjusted more/better). And even with how bad the rams looked on O they still had the opportunity/should've had two touchdowns if cooks could of held on, on those two plays into the end zone.

But so it goes. I just wish the Pats could've beat the eagles and lost to either the falcons or rams.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Those saying the Saints or another team would have scored more or won against the Patriots: Le Wahhhhhh....! Anyone can play "what if..." all day long.
    I am pretty sure the Saints would've scored more than 3 points. who knows if they'd have won but I am guessing the game would have been more entertaining at least

While there was some great defensive play, I thought the lack of scoring was often due to awful offensive play. Brady often looked out of sync, for some reason, and Goff looked scared to death. McVay, the supposed offensive genius, coached way too conservatively.

I thought the game was rather boring, the halftime show was predictably awful (that first rapper knows that every word he said was bleeped, right?), and there were only a few decent commercials.

totally - Brady looked pretty mediocre and Goff panicked way too much and missed a lot of open receivers (as in, straight up didn't see them). The Pats blew two timeouts in the 1st quarter (on the same drive, no less!) and the Rams picked up a delay of game after a 9-yard run (and fumbled on the next play). I think that the Rams were probably the better team here (ever so slightly) but the Pats were much less shook which is why they ultimately won
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

1 Red Zone play, numerous punts, Jim Nance goading Tony Romo, Adam Levine dancing with a rapper....I would say this was the worst ever.

Especially on the heels of one of the best...

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I am pretty sure the Saints would've scored more than 3 points. who knows if they'd have won but I am guessing the game would have been more entertaining at least :

Posted by Shadow:

The better game would have been Saints/Chiefs, but the NFL wasn't going to let either team into the super bowl. It's not about football it's about market share. You don't really think the ref accidentally didn't throw a PI flag in the Saints/Rams, or the made up roughing the passer call in the Chiefs/Pats game along with a few others were just mistakes. The Saints have the worst market share and the Chiefs are only three behind them. I'm sure with all the controversy over the past two years the NFL has lost some money but they still have to give the Commish forty million a year. The super bowl is just a cash cow and the old Guernsey can't fill the milk pail from two of the smallest market shares in the NFL.

totally - Brady looked pretty mediocre and Goff panicked way too much and missed a lot of open receivers (as in, straight up didn't see them). The Pats blew two timeouts in the 1st quarter (on the same drive, no less!) and the Rams picked up a delay of game after a 9-yard run (and fumbled on the next play). I think that the Rams were probably the better team here (ever so slightly) but the Pats were much less shook which is why they ultimately won
    If the refs would have thrown flags on the two crucial pass interferences committed by the Patriots it would have been a completely different game, but then again you have to look at what team is gonna fill up the old milk pail.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    If the refs would have thrown flags on the two crucial pass interferences committed by the Patriots it would have been a completely different game, but then again you have to look at what team is gonna fill up the old milk pail.
    it's interesting that you should mention non-calls because I saw 2 very blatant penalties against the Pats and the refs ignored them

it almost seemed like the refs were told to swallow their whistles for the game
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 02-05-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

And of course there were no missed penalties on the Rams because that doesn't fit your narrative. I have a really had time seeing how anyone makers the ref's the story of this SB.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    it's interesting that you should mention non-calls because I saw 2 very blatant penalties against the Pats
    Donald throwing down Brady should have been one of them as I've seen lesser examples of that called throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    And of course there were no missed penalties on the Rams because that doesn't fit your narrative. I have a really had time seeing how anyone makers the ref's the story of this SB.
    Are you new here? Just ignore it.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Can anyone explain how the Pats were able to mount such a ferocious rush? I didn't see many of their games but I wasn't aware they could apply that kind of pressure. That's what seemed to mess Goff up.

Quote Originally Posted by jglfan View Post
    Can anyone explain how the Pats were able to mount such a ferocious rush? I didn't see many of their games but I wasn't aware they could apply that kind of pressure. That's what seemed to mess Goff up.
    of all the teams in the playoffs the Pat's seemed to be the only ones willing to blitz one or two LBs. They were also running stunts every other play. The Rams weren't able to disguise what they were doing on offense either. And blitzing and stunting is what beat the Rams handily during the season. Belichick basically used the Bears blueprint from earlier in the season.

The Pats had a terrific pass rush throughout the postseason.

the officiating seemed to be pretty much non-existent during that game. maybe a reaction to Pats-Chiefs where it seemed every big play in the 2nd half involved a flag or review. didn't feel like they particularly favored any team though
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Donald throwing down Brady should have been one of them as I've seen lesser examples of that called throughout the season.

Are you new here? Just ignore it.
    I know I know, I have him on ignore but then someone quoted him and I bit.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I know I know, I have him on ignore but then someone quoted him and I bit.
    That's the problem with the ignore feature: it doesn't ignore that user when their post is quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    the officiating seemed to be pretty much non-existent during that game. maybe a reaction to Pats-Chiefs where it seemed every big play in the 2nd half involved a flag or review. didn't feel like they particularly favored any team though
    ^^^^
    this

Just a heads up...If you can't get enough 🏈, the AAF is on CBS tonight. It's a new start-up pro league.

I'm watching Orlando vs. Atlanta now. It's bullshit but it's on free TV.