Page 113 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I know it's popular to slag whoever's in the booth during these games. They're mostly ambiguous to me. But I will say that I think Tony Romo is a revelation; he was able to call almost every play on offense before the ball was snapped. He is very enthusiastic considering there's got to be a little part of him who thinks to himself "I should be out there"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    I know it's popular to slag whoever's in the booth during these games. They're mostly ambiguous to me. But I will say that I think Tony Romo is a revelation; he was able to call almost every play on offense before the ball was snapped. He is very enthusiastic considering there's got to be a little part of him who thinks to himself "I should be out there"
    I very much agree! Romo has an enthusiasm up there that's infectious. And you're right...he called plays left and right...most notably the bomb to Gronk.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

is Romo just some sort of savant when it comes to stuff like this? it seems like he's a step ahead of the entire defense, including the Defense Coordinators who appear to not know the things Romo knows. he's so good that it's kind of insane he doesn't have a coaching job.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    is Romo just some sort of savant when it comes to stuff like this? it seems like he's a step ahead of the entire defense, including the Defense Coordinators who appear to not know the things Romo knows. he's so good that it's kind of insane he doesn't have a coaching job.
    Kosar has done the same thing for years. It's probably not quite as rare as we think, but it definitely shows a high football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Saints should really have run the ball three times and kicked the field goal.
    that would have been the smarter strategy of course

but that helmet to helmet PI was just so insanely obvious that there's no excuse for it not being called
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm not even gonna pick the SB, my postseason predictions have been so dismal.
    you!? I threw away a 6 point lead going into the post-season in the pick'em league!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    one of my many hates on Jerry is that he didn't make Romo the QB coach

What is it with Defenders who aren't looking for the ball
    No idea. I hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by chescorph View Post
    Another Andy Reid team coming up short.
    That's what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    And hopefully this missed call actually brings about change. If this doesn't, nothing will .
    I wouldn't hold my breath.

Romo is fantastic. Very refreshing to hear that kind of enthusiasm mixed with that level of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post

but that helmet to helmet PI was just so insanely obvious that there's no excuse for it not being called
    Totally agree.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post

Once again, just like last year, you have two teams that didn't earn the right to be in the super bowl. That's how the cookie crumbles.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Good call 3 Lockbox!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Once again, just like last year, you have two teams that didn't earn the right to be in the super bowl. That's how the cookie crumbles.
    I'm not biting.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Was it a bad non-call? Yep. But did you see how many times Ref's didn't call New Orleans for holding Aaron Donald? All those non calls benefited New Orleans. The Rams out gained the Saints 370 yards to 290 yards. New Orleans wouldn't have lost if they had completely dominated the Rams.
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 01-21-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Re:Romo: In all my years of watching TV football, I have NEVER seen anyone as prescient as Romo was yesterday. At one point he called 5 consecutive plays right! He was brilliant!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

KC fans have to stop complaining about not getting the ball in overtime. All they had to do a stop New England once and hold them to a field goal. And yet the defensive secondary was an absolute sieve all game long especially in overtime.

It's always surprising to me when defenses are getting as gashed as all of them were really, that we don't see more Blitz packages. I mean what's the fear, that you're going to give up a big third-down play? Because that happened in nearly all the playoff games. If you're getting gashed with 7 players dropping back into coverage how much worse could it be if you only dropped back 5 for 6. Especially teams with pocket passers who are always more susceptible to blitzes. I'm not naive enough to believe that just because you Blitz that it isn't going to get picked up, but how do you not at least try to knock a stationary quarterback off his perch. These high scoring games all seem to have the same thing in common, that they all rely on a four-man rush to pressure the quarterback and every game seemed to come down to who had the ball last.

When the Chiefs lost the coin toss in OT I figured it'd be over. The Pats clearly had no intention of settling for 3. They pulled all the stops. Gronk was a bettering ram. Edelman was an absolute beast.

...and if D.Ford doesn't lineup offside, negating a game altering interception, Cheifs win. KC constantly stepped on their own crank yeaterday.

...and if D.Ford doesn't lineup offside, negating a game altering interception, Cheifs win. KC constantly stepped on their own crank yeaterday.
    They shouldn't even have called that. It had no bearing on the play. It's like calling pass interference thirty yards from the ball.

Of course it has bearing the O Lineman has the react to it. If a player is too dumb to get onside he deserves all he gets.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ed is trying soooooo hard
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Of course it has bearing the O Lineman has the react to it. If a player is too dumb to get onside he deserves all he gets.
    The offensive lineman doesn't have to react because he didn't jump offsides. He probably had his head leaning over the line. It would have made up for the three horrible calls for the Patriots. At least there is a team again this year that 99% of the country will be rooting against, that's what the NFL wants.

Just looking forward to another one of these.

I kinda hope the Pats blow out the Rams. Bunch of young, cocky upstarts.... Get off my lawn....

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Ed is trying soooooo hard
    It's like a parody of a parody, at this point. I wonder how long it will go on before...

He's is certainly trying too hard.
    Ian

I agree with Shadow, sorta. The zebras are fucking up this game. It's ridiculous. Something has to be done. It has got to stop.