Page 100 of 125 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3115

Thread: The 2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The Bears got so screwed on that "incomplete pass" call. CLEARLY a catch + fumble with no recovery. Jesus Fucking Christ, the NFL officials suck.
    according to the booth they did get it right as the rule is. (if it's an incomplete catch + fumble with no clear recovery they can not rule it a completed catch) why is that a rule? I don't know.

Also, I was rooting for the bears, but I'm glad it wasn't a catch.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    And I have never seen that whole "icing the kicker" thing work... except today.
    Seems to happens a lot in cases like that, where they still kick it (and make it) after the timeout is called. Idk...maybe it's just a lot of high profile cases that make it seem like it happens a lot.

Also, Parkey isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    according to the booth they did get it right as the rule is. (if it's an incomplete catch + fumble with no clear recovery they can not rule it a completed catch) why is that a rule? I don't know.

Also, I was rooting for the bears, but I'm glad it wasn't a catch.
    I couldn't tell if that was a joke? It's such a ridiculously stupid rule, if true.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Eagles defense outplayed the Bears d....and Foles comes up big when he needs to. Look out New Orleans!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Horrible way for a game to end. So three road teams won this weekend. Bizarre.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The Eagles' DT Treyvon Hester apparently tipped the kick.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    You can't let Action Jackson play the second half.
    that's what I was thinking... Flacco would've given them a chance earlier than with only 9 minutes left when Jackson finally woke up

but yeah, Gordon lost control of that ball before he was down when he was reaching for the goal line. That was a fumble recovered by the Ravens
    Last edited by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER; 01-06-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

The Bears got so screwed on that "incomplete pass" call. CLEARLY a catch + fumble with no recovery
    wow... that opinion is spot on... and from an Eagle fan

icing the kicker doesn't work too often but maaaan, the Bears gotta replace that kicker
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    wow... that opinion is spot on... and from an football fan
    Fixed.

I couldn't tell if that was a joke? It's such a ridiculously stupid rule, if true.
    Ah. I took it for face value...usually AM's sarcasm/jokes are a bit more obvious. But you could be right. And the NFL having stupid rules isn't an unusual concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Painter View Post
    And I have never seen that whole "icing the kicker" thing work... except today.
    Although I can't recall the specific games, I do remember there were 2 instances of it happening this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    that's what I was thinking... Flacco would've given them a chance earlier than with only 9 minutes left when Jackson finally woke up

but yeah, Gordon lost control of that ball before he was down when he was reaching for the goal line. That was a fumble recovered by the Ravens
    I didn't watch after the first half. Harbaugh blew that game. Went over a friends to watch and listen to music and eat pizza and crab dip. Dennis Chambers stopped by to chow down and listen and tell interesting stories about different musicians and bands. He signed a pair of drumsticks for my grandson.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The Bears got so screwed on that "incomplete pass" call. CLEARLY a catch + fumble with no recovery. Jesus Fucking Christ, the NFL officials suck.
    Another possible game deciding play blown dead by the referee instead of letting it play through.

Most of the noise from Seattle seems to be that the offense play calling was awful & they should have put the ball in Russell's hands. When they finally let him pass when it was too late as usual he was excellent. There's going to be a lot of post season talk about coaching approach. We really need a balanced approach. I don't have too many complaints about the players.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Most of the noise from Seattle seems to be that the offense play calling was awful & they should have put the ball in Russell's hands.
    All very much knee-jerk reaction stuff. When the new OC tried doing just that they went 0-2 to start the season and that's when Carroll put the kabash on passing and mandated an emphasis on the run, which in most peoples minds was what salvaged the season.

The Seahawks main problem (for the last 2 or 3 seasons) is either an inability to make in-game adjustments on offense or a refusal to do so.

Like I said in a previous post, we were playing with house money anyway. The Seahawks defense got better with every game and is just one really good defensive lineman away from being great. Hopefully they get just a little bit more innovative on offense... next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Although I can't recall the specific games, I do remember there were 2 instances of it happening this season.
    yea it happened in the first GB/MIN game. Crosby made the first one (53 yards I think?) and missed the second

gotta say that Parkey kick was an absolute masterpiece of a missed FG. ever-so-slightly tipped and it hits two uprights. could've easily bounced in off the crossbar, but nah. I've never seen that before.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    yea it happened in the first GB/MIN game. Crosby made the first one (53 yards I think?) and missed the second
    Ahhh, thanks for the refresher! As a Pack fan, perhaps I tried to block that one out of my mind. I've called for Crosby's replacement two seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    The Seahawks main problem (for the last 2 or 3 seasons) is either an inability to make in-game adjustments on offense or a refusal to do so.
    This is very much what I want to see addressed, otherwise, yes a pretty satisfying season given the expectations and some hope for next year.
    Ian

Apparently Parkey has $3.5MM guaranteed next year. Guess they are going to have to eat that.
    Ian

^ I've thought for a long time that if you teach your kid(s) to kick and/or punt from a young age, if they become good enough, they're set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The Chargers are supposed to be good on the road. I'm more worried about the third team on the field than the two playing.
    I guess I was right after all.

yea sort of a bad week for the refs overall

fun gambling moment - Seahawks scoring a garbage time TD to bring it to 24-20 and deciding to go for 2. Dallas were a 2.5-point favorite and the O/U was 45 points so every bet hinged on this essentially meaningless 2 point conversion
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

I guess Seattle's punter hadn't practiced onside kicks at all.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I guess Seattle's punter hadn't practiced onside kicks at all.
    I was wondering if the four punters playing on Sunday were working on their kicking skills.

I was actually alright with the Chargers 'fumble', to me it looked like it was still in his hands until he hit the ground. The Bears incomplete pass one was weird, seems a completely stupid rule for it to go back to an incompletion if no-one picks up the fumble. My guess is that they will address it in the off season, catch & fumble & then if no-one recovers it goes to the fumbler same as a ball going out of bounds. Maybe the ref should have just stood next to the ball waiting for someone to come over and pick it up the same way a home plate umpire does when waiting to see if someone will appeal a missed tag or run.
    Ian