Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seaprog (Seattle progressive festival) have announced their lineup...

Well, I can't say I've ever heard of the majority of the bands, and the couple I have heard of I've never heard. That said, it makes the prospect even more appealing. I also have a couple good friends in Seattle I haven't seen in many years. Of course, the issue of being able to afford to travel almost the whole way across the country is a sticking point. That, and getting permission from the wife....... Have to look into this for next year though, as it looks like a great event!

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    That, and getting permission from the wife.......
    'Need to check if my partner has any significant family dates, that fall on that weekend'

There, fixed it for you!

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'd go to this years Seaprog in a heartbeat if I didn't already have 3 festivals and 2 boys trips organized. Might be pushing my luck a little.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Once again I would like to express my profound hatred for anyone attending this. I curse you to attend hereafter only Rihanna and Beyonce shows for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Once again I would like to express my profound hatred for anyone attending this. I curse you to attend hereafter only Rihanna and Beyonce shows for all eternity.
    It may help to note that those are generally about all we get. So this is rather like someone who's been stuck on a desert island living for many months of the fruitage of the island's sole plum tree suddenly being rescued and offered a gourmet meal. Our bodily systems will be wondering how in the world to digest all this goodness in one sitting.

Yeah I'm jealous too, sounds like a superb festival. I'm fortunate to have seen most of the bands I would want to see previously except FSE and I'll get them at RIO.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

The usual suspects are already here! Just waiting for the doors to open!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    I curse you to attend hereafter only Rihanna and Beyonce shows for all eternity.
    And to be, like me, not entirely clear on who they are or how their names are supposed to be pronounced.

Holy Crap! Moraine kicking off Seaprog 2018 with a set of all new material And capping it off with a guest Tuvan Throat Singer!

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    It may help to note that those are generally about all we get. So this is rather like someone who's been stuck on a desert island living for many months of the fruitage of the island's sole plum tree suddenly being rescued and offered a gourmet meal. Our bodily systems will be wondering how in the world to digest all this goodness in one sitting.
    I am in the same condition - except I am not being rescued.

What a line-up!!!

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Holy Crap! Moraine kicking off Seaprog 2018 with a set of all new material And capping it off with a guest Tuvan Throat Singer!
    Umm... what?

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Umm... what?
    Yes. Spoke to Dennis Rea later in the evening and he said "I wished I had someone record that set."
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

We're you there, Bill?

It was a fantastic weekend of music.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    It really was. This festival has some of the best booking out there, not big acts, but good ones. For me, the highlights were Cheer-Accident and Inner Ear Brigade - C-A just aren't like anybody else, and IEB had quite a good take on American Canterbury.

I'm going to have to plan to come out to one of these, it's certainly right in my wheelhouse.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm going to have to plan to come out to one of these, it's certainly right in my wheelhouse.
    We'd love to have you.

2019 is already confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe F. View Post
    We're you there, Bill?

Ah Joe!
    An emergency came up, close friend had congestive heart failure, and I was with him in the hospital, and missed the entire weekend. (He had to have one of those 'restart your heart if it stops' thingies put in. I am so so so sorry to have missed this, seeing you & Tom, Cheer-Accident, and the rest would have been my musical highlight of the year. Even had Saturday off so I could attend... I can't really convey the level of disappointment I feel over having missed it.

Next year I think I'll rent a hotel in Seattle so that if anything comes up, I can honestly say that I'm out of town. But of course we won't have this line up...

Ah Joe!
    An emergency came up, close friend had congestive heart failure, and I was with him in the hospital, and missed the entire weekend. (He had to have one of those 'restart your heart if it stops' thingies put in. I am so so so sorry to have missed this, seeing you & Tom, Cheer-Accident, and the rest would have been my musical highlight of the year. Even had Saturday off so I could attend... I can't really convey the level of disappointment I feel over having missed it.

Next year I think I'll rent a hotel in Seattle so that if anything comes up, I can honestly say that I'm out of town. But of course we won't have this line up...
    Sorry to hear that Bill. I hope your friend is doing better.

We will do our best to have a solid lineup next year!