Thread: Brand X Tour May '18

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Brand X Tour May '18

They've become touring fiends. And a venue where I can drink beer this time

No Detroit in May. They said maybe October. I'll go whenever.

They seem to love the state of NY. I assume a Midwest leg will come later.

hope the east coast keeps showing up for the shows so they can make it back west before too long.

The NorthEast.

Whoopie friggin' do....

May 3, Utopia.
    May 6, Brand X.
    May 7, PFM.

My, my, my, May is starting off strong! Hot on the heels of two Steven Wilson shows for me too, April 28 & 29.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Unfortunate choice for an album title given recent events.

I am hoping/assuming they add a show at the Regent, since both of the previous shows did well.

New show added, July 9th @ "My Father's Place", Roslyn, NY. Yep, "My Father's Place".

!!!!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    I am hoping/assuming they add a show at the Regent, since both of the previous shows did well.
    I hope you're right, but my recollection of the last one is that it was well below half full. I asked "Anything planned closer to Boston than Northampton?"
    Official Brand X Not yet, but possibly in July or October. Hell, make the drive to Northampton and come to both -- we're doing it -- so should you.
    They say West Coast in early '19 is being worked on.

Wow!? - I've never seen them live....yet....My fav. line up was with Mike Clark on drums ( not that I don't like most I've heard by them) {digging thru old vinyl my favs would be product, masques, Moroccan roll - xcommunication...} - and they are playing on my birthday @ the new my fathers place which is like a 45 min drive from home ( and 2 shows in may in NYC ) good news ...... !? who's in the band now ?
    Last edited by PaulPb; 02-27-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPb View Post
    who's in the band now ?
    Percy Jones - bass
    John Goodsall - guitar
    Chris Clark - keys
    Scott Weinberger - percussion
    Kenny Grohowski - drums

2 original members !! Wow - I was checking out so recent vids on you tube - they sound real good still !! maybe I actually go to a show. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by PaulPb View Post
    2 original members !! Wow - I was checking out so recent vids on you tube - they sound real good still !! maybe I actually go to a show. Peace
    I saw them twice recently, really good live, don't miss them if you're a fan.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    We've seen them thrice now. This would be #4. Last Noho show, no Scott.

they just announced they're coming to TUCSON

WOOHOOO
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    they just announced they're coming to TUCSON

WOOHOOO
    Yay!
    General admission though.

I hope to see you there!!

yeah... the Rialto has no seats

I don't understand why they aren't at the Fox Theater like Cobham, Kansas, Al Di Meola, Chicago, etc
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    yeah... the Rialto has no seats

I don't understand why they aren't at the Fox Theater like Cobham, Kansas, Al Di Meola, Chicago, etc
    Well, from my experience, they usually will add in 5 or 7 rows of folding chairs about 1/2 way back for shows like this (so get there early). Or, like when Yes played there (!) it was all chairs and assigned seating. You never know (but they might know at the Box Office).

(For the non-Tucsonans in the the thread, the Fox theater is a lovely, restored, classic theater/concert venue. The Rialto is fairly run-down and gets most of the more intense, modern shows. But they do sometimes host some fairly impressive groups.)

Kris Kristofferson sold out the Fox!!!

C'MON MAAAN