Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Progarchives

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Windows 10 updated last night, and now PA loads on Chrome for me again. Who knows...?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Windows 10 updated last night, and now PA loads on Chrome for me again. Who knows...?
    And now it doesn't. Well, guess I'm just using a separate browser for PA, or switching browsers altogether. I sometimes keep PA open in a tab for EZ-access.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    M@x finally showed and fixed Chrome. His first posts on the site in 2 years.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Is anyone here on PE someone who posts reviews frequently on Progarchives? I know Trane at least used to post a lot of review, but wondering if there are others currently.

I'm on there all the time, I'm an admin there and on 2 of the genre teams.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I tend to check the home page every few days to see what new reviews have been posted, and there are a few other reviewers I tend to see posting reviews regularly - I'm wondering if any of those reviewers are on PE regularly too. It might be helpful to know who some of those reviewers are on PE, if indeed they're on here.

Ian, I know you're an admin for PA, but I haven't seen too many recent-ish reviews from you that I recall. But I might have missed them.

I don't write many reviews, I'm more in the forum side.
    Ian

I have tried a few times recently to reset my password for the forum there, but I never get the email to do it. I can't recall my old password.

I even emailed M@x. I gave up.

There are quite a few people posting here that were oh PA before hand (in the other direction, the only that I know were Ivān and Garion81)

Guys like Sillypuppy, MellotronStorm (#1 reviewer), Mozo-PG, Mascog, Toddrundgrenfest, and many more I forget as I write.
    Not saying they post reviews anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by IncogNeato View Post
    I have tried a few times recently to reset my password for the forum there, but I never get the email to do it. I can't recall my old password.

did you try e-mailing me yesterday? I discarded ut because I thought it was fishing/spam.

If so, try again? I'll try to get that fixed with an Admin.

===================

incidently, we've got some angry troll pretending he wants his profile removed from PA.
    Last edited by Trane; 02-21-2023 at 04:24 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Is anyone here on PE someone who posts reviews frequently on Progarchives? I know Trane at least used to post a lot of review, but wondering if there are others currently.
    I post reviews, but infrequently. I've only done 40 or so, since joining in 2018. Maybe I'll crank it up some day.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    I don't post anything. They won't approve it ayway.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    did you try e-mailing me yesterday? I discarded ut because I thought it was fishing/spam.

===================.
    No, it was a few weeks ago. I'll PM you here.

No, it was a few weeks ago. I'll PM you here.
    I('ve always refused becoming an Admin (to heavy a job for my dilettante's mindset), but you've got Ian (NogBadtheBad) as a PA admin, a few posts above ours.
    He'll be able to do a lot more for you.

But I'll contact Damo over in PA
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Yeah I'm still new to this admin game but I can find out what the steps are. Private message me the details.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Yeah I'm still new to this admin game but I can find out what the steps are. Private message me the details.
    I sent you a PM.

But, honestly, my profile may have been axed. I searched my user name and nothing at all came up.

I did try and re-register with a new name but I never got an activation email.

ALERT: Progarchives.com is down. Ability to access Prog data compromised! Standing by…

ALERT: Progarchives.com is down. Ability to access Prog data compromised! Standing by…
    Beam me up Jim!
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

The End Of All Things is at hand.

it is up for me it seems.

They have an anti-Republican thread on there i noticed. more reason to not bother with them. I'm not going over to a music forum to debate politics and especially not one that seeks to alienate me by doing political bashing and attacks. I have been trying to move away from political discussions, especially since my dad's death. We used to talk about it a lot and I miss talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    They have an anti-Republican thread on there i noticed. more reason to not bother with them. I'm not going over to a music forum to debate politics and especially not one that seeks to alienate me by doing political bashing and attacks.
    You mean the one that's in the 'Topics not related to music: General Discussion' sub-forum, a tiny little space that's dwarfed by the extensive music-related threads? Seems to me you could always just skip that one thread, but whatever works for you, of course. We aren't all the same.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

online from time to time Czyszy's Avatar
    I don't care about the social/political threads on that forum really. Personally I find that talking about such things can divide people very easily and/or lead to unnecessary arguments. Thus, some time ago I've decided to never participate in such discussions no matter what and ignore reading them whenever possible. B)
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    You mean the one that's in the 'Topics not related to music: General Discussion' sub-forum, a tiny little space that's dwarfed by the extensive music-related threads? Seems to me you could always just skip that one thread, but whatever works for you, of course. We aren't all the same.
    A sign stating "No Trespassing" is not big either and is dwarfed by the property it's on but it gives a clear message.

It's very easy to skip threads you don't want to read rather than hunt them out to provide ammunition for your argument. PA has a long history of allowing those types of threads as long as they remain civil. If they cross the line posts get deleted and posters risk suspensions. While I'm not a fan of politics or religion on a music site PA isn't going to change policy any time soon. If you have an issue with any particular thread let me know via private message, I'm an admin on PA.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    A sign stating "No Trespassing" is not big either and is dwarfed by the property it's on but it gives a clear message.
    That comparison doesn't even make sense in relation to this point.

You said you don't go to music forums to debate politics, but then referenced a sub-forum clearly titled 'Topics not related to music'. And my point (that you selectively overlooked) is that there are far more threads on their main music forums that you could participate in, without ever having to feel 'attacked' by threads such as the one you cherrypicked.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***