Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saw Marillion Twice Over The Weekend - Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    DocProgger, excellent review! Glad you had such a good experience, aside from the bickering couple. I think your reaction is exactly what the band was hoping to achieve by playing these shows in areas they haven't been in a long time - to pull in the fans that knew of them but hadn't had a chance to see them live. As you might know from my posts, they've been my favorite band since the early or mid 80s.

Other people have sometimes thought h (it's a lower case h - LOL!) seemed inebriated, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Some people think he slurs his words even on the studio albums.

Anyway, good taste, and cool that you took the effort to go.
    Thanks, it was a great weekend of music and nice I could finally scratch Marillion off the bucket list. They were probably smart to go independent and put out all their music themselves, and it appears that by making all these live shows available and putting out so much product, that and the fact that they have stayed together all these years has paid off in a pretty dedicated fanbase. So while I don't know that I would ever reach fanatic level, I have certainly moved up to a higher level than casual fan. I will probably go for that Brave box set! (actually was going to get it anyway).
    You know that I am somewhat of a newbs by calling him "H" instead of 'h'. Seriously, what is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    A Montreal Marillion Weekend in 2019, really? I'm so there. Glad everyone is enjoying the current tour.
    My feet are killing me already, just thinking about it...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    You know that I am somewhat of a newbs by calling him "H" instead of 'h'. Seriously, what is that all about?
    I don't know. Remember, he's the only member not from the "old" days of the band, he comes more from the MTV era, and he's the only one to have a bit of a rock-star personality. But he still comes at it from left field in a way, he's got a lot of wacky stories. And he's a nice guy and very willing to hang with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    Thanks for that great review, Steve! I'm so bummed that I missed them. They were in Durham, NC, (only about 3.5 hours from me) last week too. I wanted to go but couldn't make it work out. Marillion are one of the bands I've always wanted to see but never gotten a chance to. I'm glad they are still out there putting on great shows, and I'm glad that you got to see them twice!
    I was really bummed I couldn't make the Durham show as well.

I haven't loved everything Marillion have done over the years, but I have complete respect for their longevity, and every time I feel like it's time to write them off, they come back really strong. I know that not everyone loved FEAR, but it seems like at least a solid percentage of their fans consider it among their best, and how many bands can say that about an album released this far into their career?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    My feet are killing me already, just thinking about it...
    LOL

I don't know. Remember, he's the only member not from the "old" days of the band, he comes more from the MTV era, and he's the only one to have a bit of a rock-star personality. But he still comes at it from left field in a way, he's got a lot of wacky stories. And he's a nice guy and very willing to hang with the fans.
    I thought it was simple as there was already a Steve in the band when he joined, so he's "h" to distinguish himself. To my knowledge he never went by that before he joined Marillion.
    Jonathan Byrne
    http://jdbyrne.net

Unfortunately, the couple sitting next to me were in the midst of some domestic spat, and during El Dorado the wife/gf decided to read the guy the riot act standing up right in front of me while the music was playing. She demanded the car keys and told the guy she was leaving etc, oblivious to standing there and interrupting the concert. Incredible.
    It would have been poetic if this had happened during "The Leavers."

Agree about FEAR (though I liked it right away!). Great album, no duds
    I'm still not 100% on-board with "The New Kings." It's very heavy-handed. But the rest is so sublime, it's not that glaring.

Quote Originally Posted by RaelWV View Post
    I thought it was simple as there was already a Steve in the band when he joined, so he's "h" to distinguish himself. To my knowledge he never went by that before he joined Marillion.
    This is what I always assumed - I thought the band just called him that, as they probably called him "Steve H" when he first joined. The lower-case is probably just a stylistic choice.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Saw Marillion Twice Over The Weekend - Spoilers (same here!)

I echo a lot of what you posted Steve re 20 Monroe Live. Fantastic sightlines and an incredibly clean sound system. One of the best new concert venues in that size range I have seen in a long time. I had time to get a quick dinner at the craft brewery place right next door, and from there you walk right into the concert venue without having to wait in line at the main door. I was also sitting in the Upper Mezzanine, center 2nd row, with a perfect view of the stage. Unfortunately, the couple sitting next to me were in the midst of some domestic spat, and during El Dorado the wife/gf decided to read the guy the riot act standing up right in front of me while the music was playing. She demanded the car keys and told the guy she was leaving etc, oblivious to standing there and interrupting the concert. Incredible. Later she comes back but they continue gabbing/bickering next to me, and I could not take it anymore, so I decided to switch seats right before The Leavers when I spied some open seats in the 2nd row of the Lower Mezzanine, the small 2 row section which overhangs the floor even closer. This view was even better (shocked they were even open as most of the balcony appeared pretty full) and felt like you were looking right down on top of the stage--fantastic. I was a bit surprised the floor was not more packed, but I don't stand at shows anymore if I can help it.es.
    Talk about a small world…….

You must have been sitting on the end of the row? I was 4 seats over from you in the same row! The bickering couple thing happened just to my left. I was not really sure what was going on, but I saw her come up and demand the car keys after they had argued a bit. In fact at the time that happened my sister and another friend of ours were down on the floor so there was literally no one in between you and I in the row except for the couple! I could not hear much of their bickering after she finally sat down, but they were obviously having issues. I went down on the floor right after “The Leavers” and spent the rest of the show down there. I was also at Bobarinos, the bar right next to the venue before the show too! Oh well….small world….. 

Regarding the venue, yes it really has become one of my favorite concert spots. The place opened almost exactly a year ago, and they get a lot of good shows. I have seen Umphrey’s McGee, Steve Hackett, Gary Clarke Jr. all there. I live in Kalamazoo, so the venue is about 45 minutes straight up the highway from where I live. Being right on the highway it is also easy in / easy out. I also agree about the beer prices. They are ridiculous for Grand Rapids. Hell, the big hockey arena right across the street charges less for their beers. I am not sure how they get away with it to be honest. Regarding the time, there are no curfew laws that I am aware of in GR and I have been to Sunday night shows that have gone a lot later than that one. I am really not sure what that was all about, but it was odd getting out that early. Which brew up did you go to after the show? Founders is the big dog and is right down the street, but Grand Rapids Brewing is close by as well. In all the years I have lived in Southwest Michigan I have never been to the Gerald Ford Museum. I have no clue why as I really should check it out sometime.

Regarding the “H” thing. I am not sure where that started, but it has been a nickname for him for as long as I can remember. He does solo acoustic shows in Europe that are billed as “H Natural”, but I am not sure where it originated.

It is cool that they did “Garden Party” at The Arcadia. I was hoping they would do it in Grand Rapids as I knew they had done it at one other show. That song goes back to the very first Marillion album “Script For A Jesters Tear”. Regarding Hogarth possibly being a bit tipsy. I kind of had the same feeling at the Royal Oak show. I could be completely wrong, but I remember making the comment to one of my friends that he seemed like he might have had a few before the show. I did not really get that same feeling in Grand Rapids.

Glad you enjoyed your first Marillion experience. Grand Rapids was one of their first hotbeds in the U.S. and I got to see them twice with Fish back in the day. I have also seen every Hogarth U.S. tour except for one. They never disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by RaelWV View Post
    Yeah, this is probably it. BTW, his last name is actually Hoggarth, but he dropped the extra g!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Talk about a small world…….

You must have been sitting on the end of the row? I was 4 seats over from you in the same row! The bickering couple thing happened just to my left. I was not really sure what was going on, but I saw her come up and demand the car keys after they had argued a bit. In fact at the time that happened my sister and another friend of ours were down on the floor so there was literally no one in between you and I in the row except for the couple! I could not hear much of their bickering after she finally sat down, but they were obviously having issues. I went down on the floor right after “The Leavers” and spent the rest of the show down there. I was also at Bobarinos, the bar right next to the venue before the show too! Oh well….small world….. 

Regarding the venue, yes it really has become one of my favorite concert spots. The place opened almost exactly a year ago, and they get a lot of good shows. I have seen Umphrey’s McGee, Steve Hackett, Gary Clarke Jr. all there. I live in Kalamazoo, so the venue is about 45 minutes straight up the highway from where I live. Being right on the highway it is also easy in / easy out. I also agree about the beer prices. They are ridiculous for Grand Rapids. Hell, the big hockey arena right across the street charges less for their beers. I am not sure how they get away with it to be honest. Regarding the time, there are no curfew laws that I am aware of in GR and I have been to Sunday night shows that have gone a lot later than that one. I am really not sure what that was all about, but it was odd getting out that early. Which brew up did you go to after the show? Founders is the big dog and is right down the street, but Grand Rapids Brewing is close by as well. In all the years I have lived in Southwest Michigan I have never been to the Gerald Ford Museum. I have no clue why as I really should check it out sometime.

Wow, that is amazing that we were in the same row, lmao, what are the odds of that. Yep, I was in the aisle seat. She literally had her fat ass parked right in front of my nose as she was demanding the car keys, completely blocking my view of the show. Normally I would angrily read them the riot act, but it was in the middle of a quiet passage and I didn't want to disrupt the show any further than it already was. For awhile he was just sitting there alone, but when she came back and started yapping again, then they left together at one point and then came back again, by that time I had enough and had spied the open 2nd row lower balcony seat with even a better view, so I just decided to watch the rest of the show down there.
    I remember you said you were from that area; I should have pm'd you beforehand and maybe we could have met up for a brew. A buddy of mine who is a pretty big Marillion fan was supposed to make the trip but had to bail, so I was flying solo. Actually I ended up cutting it closer than I wanted to coming up. In addition to losing the hour due to time change, I ran into a traffic delay near the Holland MI area when a truck fire brought traffic to a stop for awhile. I have seen vehicles smoking on the side of the highway, but this thing was literally engulfed in flames, ER vehicles all over. Hope no one was hurt. So I ended up having to get a real quick bite to eat next door, which was at least convenient.

After the show I went to a nice old pub about a block away, HepCats or something with the word Cats in it. Grand Rapids is a nice looking town, that river view with the snow still banked along the riverside was pretty cool. Pretty amazing they have that new looking hockey arena and the 20 Monroe venue right across the street from each other.
    Re the Ford Museum, it was mostly about his small town Grand Rapids roots and justifications of his Nixon pardon. I am kind of a history nerd, so I was interested in seeing how they portrayed that aspect. I have a very tangential Watergate connection, as my family was on vacation in Wash DC when I was a teenager, and it was summer of 1974 when the Watergate Hearings were going on. My dad tried to take me to the Watergate hearings and sit in for awhile to watch, but they would not allow kids in there. But, later as we were touring the Capitol rotunda, Sen Sam Ervin walks by and my dad tells me to nonchalantly walk alongside him or near him. So I actually have a picture my parents took of me walking next to Sen Ervin, as if I am striding through the Rotunda with him. We also got a pic of John Ehrlichman getting into a govt limo that same day. On our way driving back home from DC, we heard on the radio that Nixon resigned and Ford became Pres.

Anyway, it was pretty cool seeing Marillion in 2 top notch intimate venues. I may have to keep 20 Monroe Live in mind for future special prog shows.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 02-21-2018 at 01:40 AM.

^^ Since you're a new Marillion fan and a history buff, I recommend purchasing the download of the 2016 NYC show on election night. It was quite surreal, and h's comments make for an interesting concert, although they're brief. When we emerged from the Times Square venue, there was a noticeable hush, and people were in shock.

^^ Since you're a new Marillion fan and a history buff, I recommend purchasing the download of the 2016 NYC show on election night. It was quite surreal, and h's comments make for an interesting concert, although they're brief. When we emerged from the Times Square venue, there was a noticeable hush, and people were in shock.
    Yeah, I saw you mention that earlier, that must have been something. I had virtually the opposite experience 8 years earlier. I was at a Crosby-Nash fundraiser show in a very small intimate theater on election night when Obama was elected in 2008. Crosby announced the result as official during the show, and they could not hide their giddiness. Most (but not everyone) in the crowd applauded pretty loudly and there was a buzz in the room as the realization that America had actually elected an African American Pres set in. They then played a few very appropo songs with gusto in the remaining set.

Wow, that is amazing that we were in the same row, lmao, what are the odds of that. Yep, I was in the aisle seat. She literally had her fat ass parked right in front of my nose as she was demanding the car keys, completely blocking my view of the show. Normally I would angrily read them the riot act, but it was in the middle of a quiet passage and I didn't want to disrupt the show any further than it already was. For awhile he was just sitting there alone, but when she came back and started yapping again, then they left together at one point and then came back again, by that time I had enough and had spied the open 2nd row lower balcony seat with even a better view, so I just decided to watch the rest of the show down there.
    I remember you said you were from that area; I should have pm'd you beforehand and maybe we could have met up for a brew. A buddy of mine who is a pretty big Marillion fan was supposed to make the trip but had to bail, so I was flying solo. Actually I ended up cutting it closer than I wanted to coming up. In addition to losing the hour due to time change, I ran into a traffic delay near the Holland MI area when a truck fire brought traffic to a stop for awhile. I have seen vehicles smoking on the side of the highway, but this thing was literally engulfed in flames, ER vehicles all over. Hope no one was hurt. So I ended up having to get a real quick bite to eat next door, which was at least convenient.

After the show I went to a nice old pub about a block away, HepCats or something with the word Cats in it. Grand Rapids is a nice looking town, that river view with the snow still banked along the riverside was pretty cool. Pretty amazing they have that new looking hockey arena and the 20 Monroe venue right across the street from each other.
    Yea, I remember when she was demanding the keys it was during one of the quiet parts of El Dorado. She seemed totally oblivious.

The bar you went too was Hopcat. The one in Grand Rapids is the original, although there are several around the state now (we have one in Kalamazoo). They all have over 100 beers on tap and have pretty good food.

The hockey arena is actually 22 years old, but is really nice. Basically that little section of Grand Rapids has every type of concert venue you could ask for. Within a 5 minute walk of each other is Van Andel Arena (12,000 capacity), Devos Hall (2500 capacity), 20 Monroe Live (2500 Capicity), The Intersection (1000 capacity), and The Pyramid Scheme (400 capacity). Between these 5 venues there are an amazing amount of concerts, especially for a city the size of Grand Rapids, and all of the venues are great. Downtown Grand Rapids has come a long way in the last 20 years or so.

Drove out to the Greensburg, Pa show. Great, enthusiastic crowd, theater was close to full.
    The band sounded fantastic and are at the top of their game, IMO. It was great to hear The Leavers (huge crowd response) as well as some gems (seasons end, three minute boy encore!). Excellent show, thrilled to have a chance to see them again.

And here’s hoping they announce a Montreal weekend soon!

Yea, I remember when she was demanding the keys it was during one of the quiet parts of El Dorado. She seemed totally oblivious.

The bar you went too was Hopcat. The one in Grand Rapids is the original, although there are several around the state now (we have one in Kalamazoo). They all have over 100 beers on tap and have pretty good food.

The hockey arena is actually 22 years old, but is really nice. Basically that little section of Grand Rapids has every type of concert venue you could ask for. Within a 5 minute walk of each other is Van Andel Arena (12,000 capacity), Devos Hall (2500 capacity), 20 Monroe Live (2500 Capicity), The Intersection (1000 capacity), and The Pyramid Scheme (400 capacity). Between these 5 venues there are an amazing amount of concerts, especially for a city the size of Grand Rapids, and all of the venues are great. Downtown Grand Rapids has come a long way in the last 20 years or so.
    Ah yes, Hopcat, that was it. Great old pub with a huge oak bar.
    GR does have a lot of concert venues for its size, impressive.
    So if you have seen every Hogarth tour except one and they haven't played Michigan in a long time, where do you go to see them usually, do you make the trek to Chicago? I was surprised to see they did 2 shows at the Vic on the first part of this FEAR album tour, I completely missed the boat on those. And I see that they have played the Park West fairly often, a place I have seen a lot of shows at. A little odd that they are in essence doing a second tour on this album, and playing the long pieces from FEAR in stages. Maybe they felt that just doing the whole album straight through would not be conducive to pleasing old fans or something.

add--there is a guy on Fartbook who went to the GR show and is absolutely livid they didn't play an Fish era hits; the back and forth is somewhat amusing. And the very next night at the Arcada, they played 2 Fish era tunes....
    Last edited by DocProgger; 02-21-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Ah yes, Hopcat, that was it. Great old pub with a huge oak bar.
    GR does have a lot of concert venues for its size, impressive.
    So if you have seen every Hogarth tour except one and they haven't played Michigan in a long time, where do you go to see them usually, do you make the trek to Chicago? I was surprised to see they did 2 shows at the Vic on the first part of this FEAR album tour, I completely missed the boat on those. And I see that they have played the Park West fairly often, a place I have seen a lot of shows at. A little odd that they are in essence doing a second tour on this album, and playing the long pieces from FEAR in stages. Maybe they felt that just doing the whole album straight through would not be conducive to pleasing old fans or something.

add--there is a guy on Fartbook who went to the GR show and is absolutely livid they didn't play an Fish era hits; the back and forth is somewhat amusing. And the very next night at the Arcada, they played 2 Fish era tunes....
    The last tour I saw them in Cleveland, but prior to that it has been Chicago. I have seen them a couple of times at Park West and the acoustic trio tour they did was at the Double Door. The last tour they did the whole FEAR album except for The Leavers. This time around they added The Leavers, but left out some of the other songs. Although they did not do any Fish era material at the Grand Rapids show, they have been playing several Fish era songs on this tour, as they always have.

I don't think the plan was initially to tour FEAR this year, but they ended up feeling the album was so strong that they decided to tour it more and promote it more. They've played the whole album live a few times, but I haven't listened to any of those shows yet (I downloaded a couple). All I've seen them do is El Dorado, New Kings, and Living in Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    The lower-case is probably just a stylistic choice.
    I don't recall, did the lower case styling precede or postcede the Ice Cream Genius cover?

R-2308869-1275938104.jpeg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    I don't recall, did the lower case styling precede or postcede the Ice Cream Genius cover?

R-2308869-1275938104.jpeg.jpg
    I really can't remember. It's funny to hear people from the UK call him "haitch."

BTW, I usually just write "Hogarth" when referring to him. Don't really want people thinking I go around calling him "h" all the time.

But, what's in a name?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 02-21-2018 at 11:39 AM.

I don't think the plan was initially to tour FEAR this year, but they ended up feeling the album was so strong that they decided to tour it more and promote it more. They've played the whole album live a few times, but I haven't listened to any of those shows yet (I downloaded a couple). All I've seen them do is El Dorado, New Kings, and Living in Fear.
    I got the impression that the whole U.S. tour was launched after they got booked for Cruise To The Edge. Had that not happened there would not have been a tour. They played mostly different cities this time around as well.

I got the impression that the whole U.S. tour was launched after they got booked for Cruise To The Edge. Had that not happened there would not have been a tour. They played mostly different cities this time around as well.
    You're probably right. People have also said (but I don't think I've seen Lucy confirm this) that they had the time left on their visas so thought they ought to make use of it.

You're probably right. People have also said (but I don't think I've seen Lucy confirm this) that they had the time left on their visas so thought they ought to make use of it.
    That may very well be true considering how expensive performance visas to the U.S. are.

The show last night in Dallas was fantastic. They played at the Granada Theater which is an old 1940’s movie theater converted into a concert hall in the 70’s. Mostly standing GA on the floor and reserved seating in the balcony. Capacity is 1000. It wasn’t a sellout but pretty close I think - This turned out to be the perfect size for them. I was in GA standing area and it was full but not uncomfortably so, you could still navigate and move around but it was pretty crowded. I couldn’t see the balcony too well as the incline isn’t very steep. It looked full but I’m not sure how the view was since it seemed to mostly go back and not up too high. I think quite a few people traveled to get here. Before the show I was at Snuffer’s next door to eat/drink and met a couple who had flew in from Louisiana.

Presentation of this show was very impressive, lighting was good and I like the added use of visuals behind the band. They weren’t intrusive and overbearing - added just the right amount of flourishes to songs to make the show a little more special.

Now since the mid 90’s I had mostly turned into a casual Marillion fan. I played Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws over and over when they came out and still listen to them now. After Fish left I stayed aboard for the first 4 albums. The last one I bought was Afraid of Sunlight. But to tell you the truth I was never really sold on Hogarth. Not because of any loyalty to and anger at the Fish thing but Hogarth’s voice for some reason never really resonated with me and I didn’t know why. I liked the music and lyrics but just couldn’t connect with him as a singer so stopped buying anything new – happy with the 8 albums I had.

Well after seeing them in concert last night I finally get him and am totally on board. I thought he sounded great and his style and presence really fit the songs the band is writing now. The FEAR material was very very impressive. They are such a tight band now. I remember thinking in the early days that this was basically Mark Kelly’s band. But now it seems like each of the musicians contribute equally to the overall sound without egos and then Hogarth is layered evenly over the top of everything. Works really well.

Overall the sound was very good, if a bit loud in parts. Didn’t notice any mistakes (There was one part in The Leavers during Rothery’s solo where it seemed like his guitar should have really been wailing and with his oh so sweet crystal clear sound but for some reason it was low and sort of had a weird modulated effect, not sure if that was a mistake or how it is supposed to sound.)

So a great night and I am really glad I went. I think Dallas represented well and hopefully it will lead to repeat visits. I’m sort of mad at myself for having just been a casual fan for the last 20 years and missing out on the anticipation of each new album but on the plus side I’ve now got like 10 albums worth of material to really dig into!

Side note - I’ve now seen all the members of Transatlantic live with their respective bands (including Daniel) but have yet to see Transatlantic. Maybe one day!

2.5 hour show – sched. start time 8:00 – actual start time was 8:30 – we got Garden Party at the end.

Awesome review.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    The show last night in Dallas was fantastic. They played at the Granada Theater which is an old 1940’s movie theater converted into a concert hall in the 70’s. Mostly standing GA on the floor and reserved seating in the balcony. Capacity is 1000. It wasn’t a sellout but pretty close I think - This turned out to be the perfect size for them. I was in GA standing area and it was full but not uncomfortably so, you could still navigate and move around but it was pretty crowded. I couldn’t see the balcony too well as the incline isn’t very steep. It looked full but I’m not sure how the view was since it seemed to mostly go back and not up too high. I think quite a few people traveled to get here. Before the show I was at Snuffer’s next door to eat/drink and met a couple who had flew in from Louisiana.

Presentation of this show was very impressive, lighting was good and I like the added use of visuals behind the band. They weren’t intrusive and overbearing - added just the right amount of flourishes to songs to make the show a little more special.

Now since the mid 90’s I had mostly turned into a casual Marillion fan. I played Misplaced Childhood and Clutching at Straws over and over when they came out and still listen to them now. After Fish left I stayed aboard for the first 4 albums. The last one I bought was Afraid of Sunlight. But to tell you the truth I was never really sold on Hogarth. Not because of any loyalty to and anger at the Fish thing but Hogarth’s voice for some reason never really resonated with me and I didn’t know why. I liked the music and lyrics but just couldn’t connect with him as a singer so stopped buying anything new – happy with the 8 albums I had.

Well after seeing them in concert last night I finally get him and am totally on board. I thought he sounded great and his style and presence really fit the songs the band is writing now. The FEAR material was very very impressive. They are such a tight band now. I remember thinking in the early days that this was basically Mark Kelly’s band. But now it seems like each of the musicians contribute equally to the overall sound without egos and then Hogarth is layered evenly over the top of everything. Works really well.

Overall the sound was very good, if a bit loud in parts. Didn’t notice any mistakes (There was one part in The Leavers during Rothery’s solo where it seemed like his guitar should have really been wailing and with his oh so sweet crystal clear sound but for some reason it was low and sort of had a weird modulated effect, not sure if that was a mistake or how it is supposed to sound.)

So a great night and I am really glad I went. I think Dallas represented well and hopefully it will lead to repeat visits. I’m sort of mad at myself for having just been a casual fan for the last 20 years and missing out on the anticipation of each new album but on the plus side I’ve now got like 10 albums worth of material to really dig into!

Side note - I’ve now seen all the members of Transatlantic live with their respective bands (including Daniel) but have yet to see Transatlantic. Maybe one day!

2.5 hour show – sched. start time 8:00 – actual start time was 8:30 – we got Garden Party at the end.

Awesome! We were at Snuffers early on, then moved to the Sundown up until showtime. We were up in the balcony, right behind the FOH setup area. Sound was damn near perfect in that spot. Great show! Honestly I didn't realize they were that good.