Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anything similar to Supersister ?

has Guru Guru or Kraan been mentioned?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

^ Can't say I hear much SSister in them, although I really like early Kraan. Someone mentioned Release Music Orch in an earlier 'sister-thread, and I don't hear that either.

Primary German 'sisters were Exmagma and Brainstorm, IMO.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

For what it's worth, I had a chance to exchange a few words with Robert Jan Stips after a Nits concert earlier this month, and he mentioned that he has been working on new material for a forthcoming Supersister project.

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    For what it's worth, I had a chance to exchange a few words with Robert Jan Stips after a Nits concert earlier this month, and he mentioned that he has been working on new material for a forthcoming Supersister project.
    Interesting.

Although, for what it's worth and as I hinted in an earlier post, I suspect Sacha Van Geest was the real driver behind "the Supersister sound" and he died in 2001, so... maybe Stips is planning a nostalgia act.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Can't say I hear much SSister in them, although I really like early Kraan. Someone mentioned Release Music Orch in an earlier 'sister-thread, and I don't hear that either.\
    Someone was probably referring to Goodbye Future, the RMO precursor album credited to Tomorrow’s Gift. It’s frequently compared to SSister and I can kind of hear it. RMO goes into a different direction (several different directions, actually).
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...