Thread: JAZZ PROG FROM THE PAST

JAZZ PROG FROM THE PAST

For those who may be interested in the stuff they may have never heard due to geographical, cultural, or simply ideological mumbo jumbo in the past. It may be not to everybody's taste, but I am sure there'll be some, who'd like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_OebqNXIu4&t=324s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozsudr2oTnM

yep... the Russian band Arsenal were pretty good Jazz Rock style progressive when they were "on". I have all their albums. There's a bit of Perigeo and a bit of Pekka Pohjola in their sound. Definitely worth investigating for those who appreciate the Jazz Rock side of Prog
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

thanks for a kind reply....my favorite cd/lp is "Второе Дыхание"/Second Wind and they definitely has a long litany of great tracks throughout their albums.

I have a box with 4 albums called "Scorched by Time I - IV" ("Опаленные временем I-IV", with the Slavic characters). I believe it contains their first 4 albums. Some very nice stuff in there.

^^Agree & the same here (box set) plus the old good lp’s!.

Good call!
    👍🏼