Thread: FIMAV

FIMAV

This year's lineup just announced.

http://www.fimav.qc.ca/en/edition/programming

Thoughts? Worth a cross country trip?

Looks pretty excellent
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Well I guess it's really up to you. It is a long trip from S. Ont. and Victoriaville is a very strange town. If you've been to Guelph you kinda know what kind of tunes you are going to hear, but remember this is not a jazz fest. For a few of us it's an annual quest of scotch, cigars, and weirdness. This year there are at least 4 acts that look like a must see for me, Schnellertollermeir, FIRE!, Walter Boudreau, Merbow/Gustaffson. The other shows will either be magical or an hour I'll never get back, but either way it's good. Weather can be an issue. Could be nice or it could snow. The venues are all within walking distance of the town centre. What to do during off hours. Tour the country side. Check out cheese places. If you're a cyclist there are hundreds of miles of bike paths. This year looks like it's a Japanese punk year. So if you want to see acts you will probably not get a chance to ever see again then ya it's worth it.

I should also note that we don't go to all the shows, while others do. Our brains can only take so much
    Last edited by markinottawa; 02-11-2018 at 01:59 PM.

We've decided to go. Hoping to do a few shots with the Russian throat singers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    We've decided to go. Hoping to do a few shots with the Russian throat singers.
    Don't they look completely freaky. If you are into micro-brew there is a great store just before "downtown" near the last of the sound sculptures at 65, rue Saint-Louis. Nice place to hang is The Shad. It's a café about halfway between the hockey arena and the arts theatre. "Bon festival".

"bon festival!"
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.