Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Big Brother

Celebrity Big Brother

So on a scale of 1 to 10, what's your prediction on how sucky/good this celebrity season will be.

1 is total suckage.

10 is the best season ever!

I'm a 3.

I have faith in it. I'm hoping Shannon Elizabeth goes all the way. I have her on my
    twitter feed and have kept up with her for the past few years. She's a good person and huuuge BB fan. I enjoy her perspective of the game/players each season.

Premiere episode got off to a good start.

I'm at a 5 right now but we'll see. Maybe the short season will be a positive...

Go Shannon!!!
    The Prog Corner

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    In!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

It will be interesting to see if Omorosa plays the Diva or actually tries to make friends with the other houseguests. She seemed to try to make nice during the competition.

Would love to see Shannon or Keisha win. Just as long as it's not Brandi; I will be happy with anyone else.

And I do not like the recasting the HOH thing. Shannon busted her ass to win that competition, now she could get tossed out HOH by a random pick of a bag? I guess if any of the women get it, the smart move would be to keep Shannon as the HOH. But if any of the guys get it, they will definitely take her down.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

Quote Originally Posted by paythesnuka View Post
    And I do not like the recasting the HOH thing. Shannon busted her ass to win that competition, now she could get tossed out HOH by a random pick of a bag? I guess if any of the women get it, the smart move would be to keep Shannon as the HOH. But if any of the guys get it, they will definitely take her down.
    I'm with ya there!! Hopefully that's just a one-time twist and not in for the long haul.

Every staged Reality Show sucks Hippo......

Not that this is anything significant, but Brandi Glanville was in the recent 2017 version of the Celebrity Big Brother U.K. Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Thanks for filling us in. Glad you could stop by and crap in this thread. Enjoy the other threads on PE and please stay out of this one.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Thanks for filling us in. Glad you could stop by and crap in this thread. Enjoy the other threads on PE and please stay out of this one.

Thanks!
    Sorry, it was party an old old joke that the OP should get.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I usually like BB but can't say I'm terribly interested in a D-list celebrity version. Especially when it's on versus the Olympics. Hope y'alls have fun with it!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Hippo BALLS? Is that what you meant to say? LOL!

Ignore Shadowfax, Gruno. We're old friends from another site. He's cool.

I hope you're keeping well Brian. Cheers Buddy!

So two episodes in and I'm not hating this as much as I thought I would. I only know who three of the people are going in - Shannon, Keshia, and Omarosa.

I think that Omarosa has grown up since her days on the Apprentice. At least I would hope so since it's been 13 years. She was on an episode of Say Yes to the Dress (I LOVE that show!) recently and talked about how her first fiance died and she went from planning their wedding to planning his funeral. I can't imagine how horrible that would be. I don't think that you can go through an experience like that and not come out a changed person.
    Last edited by ForeverAutumn; 02-09-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Hippo BALLS? Is that what you meant to say? LOL!

Ignore Shadowfax, Gruno. We're old friends from another site. He's cool.

I hope you're keeping well Brian. Cheers Buddy!
    I was thinking back to your Ticket Master workaround and couldn't help myself. I'm good....hope you are keeping warm up there FA!

Just catching up to some episodes. Big Brother is always the hardest show to keep up with.

The recast thing was ridiculous. I bet every bag had the recast thing. We'll never know, of course, because they didn't let us see what the other bags had. Would have loved to see Chuck get the recast.

Shannon is a beast in this game, and that's why I don't see her lasting too long. They all know she's a threat, so they all will be gunning for her.

I only watch through the vote off, so I don't know what happened since then. But I see someone like Ross or Arianna winning.
    "It's such a fine line between stupid and... clever" -- David St. Hubbins & Derek Smalls, Spinal Tap

What was with Keshia calling out Shannon to James before she left. Keshia wanted James out and Shannon's the one who convinced the house to keep him and get rid of Chuck. LOL!

I like Shannon. I hope that she can turn things around and hang on a while longer.

I'm about to sit down and view the finale. I have thoroughly enjoyed this edition of Big Brother! I'm hoping the finale is a good one and that the upcoming summer edition goes well. Also, we have Big Brother Canada - Season 6 starting soon.

I enjoyed this season, but it was because they had some good personalities on as opposed to enjoying the game play. I didn't really know who anyone was before the show, but I could see myself being friends with all of them.

As for the finale, it was nothing unexpected. I actually thought it was the most boring episode of the season. Meh.

BBCan starts on March 7. And Survivor starts this Wednesday. I'll set up a thread.

I felt Ross played the game the best of all the contestants. It seemed like a bitter jury. As former contestant Jeff Schroeder once said during his season, "You got GOT!", but some can't get over that, and their comments reflected that. I was disappointed that Shannon held the most contempt for Ross and Marissa; she's a much better person than how she has reacted since her eviction. I was content with the final 4. Ari has such a nice attitude and seems very genuine. Who would have thought that Meta and Chuck were teddy bears and two of the warmest house guests of the season.

I wish Ross won. I loved Ross when he would appear on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. However, I didn't favor him in recent years as his 'celebrity' seemed to change his public character. In Big Brother, he won me over early on and I was rooting for him once Shannon was gone.

Yes, the finale was a bit boring, ForeverAutumn, I agree! Bring on BBCan!!! Arissa Cox has been tweeting about it and I have enjoyed her comments on this edition of Celebrity Big Brother.

I really liked Shannon and was hoping that she would go further. I was also surprised at how bitter she was. As a fan of the game, she should have known that she would be an early target. I was watching her during the finale and every time she realized that the camera was on her she put on this HUGE smile, but when the camera wasn't focused on her she didn't look quite so happy (she didn't look unhappy, just not a large a smile). It was sort of comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    I felt Ross played the game the best of all the contestants. It seemed like a bitter jury....
    This also happened in the last 2 regular seasons. The person who played the best game went to the final 2, but a bitter-and-twisted jury did not reward the superior game play ... and the less-deserving (IMO) under-dog won.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    This also happened in the last 2 regular seasons. The person who played the best game went to the final 2, but a bitter-and-twisted jury did not reward the superior game play ... and the less-deserving (IMO) under-dog won.
    It could be argued that if the jury is so bitter against a player then that player, although they may have played a more strategic game, did not play a superior game.

That's the great thing about games like BB and Survivor. You can be as strategic as you want, but you can't discount the human emotional element.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    It could be argued that if the jury is so bitter against a player then that player, although they may have played a more strategic game, did not play a superior game.

That's the great thing about games like BB and Survivor. You can be as strategic as you want, but you can't discount the human emotional element.
    It also could be that Ross was too connected to the others as a friend. That could be the reason they felt slighted.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I usually like BB but can't say I'm terribly interested in a D-list celebrity version. Especially when it's on versus the Olympics. Hope y'alls have fun with it!
    the losers wind up on Dancing with the Stars...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Big Brother Canada Season 6 begins tonight. Usually ForeverAutumn and I are the only ones participating. For those who enjoy BBUSA, the Canadian version has actually been better, overall. Of course, the first 2 seasons were the best thus far, but there have been some great highlights from each season that followed. The show was actually cancelled after Season 5, but there was a huge backlash from fans, former contestants, and many from the U.S., so they brought it back!

Join The Official Big Brother Canada Season 6 PE Thread!