Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: PROGSTOCK 2018 Rahway, NJ's Union County PAC October 5-7 2018

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    That's great when there's no cutoff time like there obviously was in this instance.
    Terrible lack of comma use, but I get what you mean. But even then, no curfew does not equate to unlimited time.

But it's a problem at festivals like CTTE, where some bands spend more time on their soundcheck than they do actually playing, and don't start playing until the time the next scheduled band is supposed to start playing.
    Sure is. That's why expectations should be set ahead of time, so everyone is on the same page come showtime. I haven't been to a CTTE (and don't plan to go to one), but I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those logistics.

FWIW, every NEARfest I attended appeared to run like clockwork, aside from the long wait to see Eddie Jobson's band perform the last show. But it was okay, because there was no curfew (that I was aware of).
    Appearance is all that matters. And it was true that we (NEARfest) did not have a curfew at Zoellner. Trenton was a whole different ball of wax.
    Chad

It's amazing to me that someone who did not attend Progfest, knows nothing re the sequence of events, the logistics or ANY of the facts, continues to post assumptions and incorrect guesses as to how things went and how it was run at a festival he did not attend. Even after being corrected multiple times. That's Bizarro World. It's like there's this weird vendetta against Jobson to blame him only for the delays. YOU WEREN'T THERE. You DON'T know.
    It would be like me speculating on why your local post office continues to lose or delay delivery of your constant stream of box set purchases despite the amount of man hours devoted solely to your personal mail deliveries. LMFAO.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Say hello to Jed, how to you think he got to 8000+ posts.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hey Jed chillax on commenting on events you didn't attend and how about instead back away from the computer and enjoy some actual music ;-) Come back when you have a new band you've discovered that you'd like the community to check out :-)

And after Eddie was nice enough to hand deliver the UK box set!

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    And after Eddie was nice enough to hand deliver the UK box set!
    Bazinga!
    Chad

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Terrible lack of comma use, but I get what you mean. But even then, no curfew does not equate to unlimited time.

Sure is. That's why expectations should be set ahead of time, so everyone is on the same page come showtime. I haven't been to a CTTE (and don't plan to go to one), but I'd love to be a fly on the wall for those logistics.

Appearance is all that matters. And it was true that we (NEARfest) did not have a curfew at Zoellner. Trenton was a whole different ball of wax.
    , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Once again, hilarious.
    Chad