Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FRED- Notes From A Picnic. Any fans, thoughts etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    ^^^
    yeah, I was pretty sure it wasn't Gong, but last night was a tough evening to get over with this morning.

==============

Been really enjoying these 2 albums HONDO & Trane. , Thank you, for sharing!..

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post
    I always enjoyed Fred.

And there's another great little fusion band from the 70s whose name has four letters and begins with F: Frob.

Only one album as far as I know, released in 1976.
    This album by Frob has always been my trump card when it comes to great fusion albums nobody heard of.

Just sent a few links to a friend in America and he's loving this music. One happy chappy!!... Good to share good music.

It's been a while since I've bought a GoD label album, so this FROB could be the next one

==================

As for Fred:
    is that World In Sound label legit?
    http://www.worldinsound.com/index.php/releases
    Its German origin label's got me doubting (like those Red Fow or Green tree thingies), but in this case, how would they have managed to get a hold of their albums that were never released (according to RYM) back then?
    One would suspect somebody from the band provided the master tapes to the label.
    Last edited by Trane; 02-09-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I have the self-titled release and "Live At The Bitter End" and love them both. Quirky fusion at its best. The self-titled came in as a used item to the record store where I work and having seen their name mentioned in all the right places online, I took a flier on it. Turns out I really liked it so when I saw "Live At The Bitter End" on either Wayside or Laser's Edge and they namechecked Mahavishnu in the product description, I had to have it too -- and really liked it (warts and all).

And...I just took a flier on Frob and ordered a copy. I didn't even bother to listen to the sample (because I'm blasting Durutti Column in the next room).
    Last edited by FrippWire; 02-09-2018 at 06:30 PM.