Thread: Reimagining "Remain In Light" , has anyone seen this show?

Reimagining "Remain In Light" , has anyone seen this show?

This was announced as a show this summer at Wolftrap.
    It sounds interesting. Not sure of an evening of Afrobeat.

In her newest project, Angelique Kidjo reinterprets The Talking Heads’ classic album, Remain in Light (1980), adding electrifying rhythms, African guitars, and layered backing vocals. Cross-pollinating the West African traditions of her childhood in Benin with elements of American R&B, funk, and jazz, Kidjo is nothing short of exhilarating and transcendent. Performing songs from Remain in Light, as well as originals, she is joined by renowned Afrobeat artist Femi Kuti and The Positive Force whose shows are filled with “energetic big-band arrangements…and Femi out front wailing from the heart and giving hope to the voiceless” (The Boston Globe).
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

This seems like something I’m going to have to buy. Kidjo is one of my favorite African vocalists —her interpretations of Jimi Hendrix for one are stunning — and Remain in Light is one of my favorite Talking Heads albums. Sounds like a win-win combination. Thanks for the heads up.

Wait, is this just a tour? Hopefully they’ll release an album.

Femi is pretty good if you like what he’s offering....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

This sounds awesome, though not that much of a departure from the original.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx