Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson "To the Bone" tour 2018

Steven Wilson "To the Bone" tour 2018

The first gig in Lisbon has now been played, set list for any one interested is here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steve...-53ee9b71.html

As expected it is heavy on the new album but quite a few Porcupine Tree tracks played this time round. It will be interesting to hear how the new tracks sound in a live setting.

A great setlist! I'll see him and the band next week, looking forwards to it!

Tremendous setlist! I really hope it's the same in the US. Great to see the PT deep cuts.

what, no Jupiter Island?

I'll be curious to read a review of the new show. Heard something about upping the visual element. Anyone know the band, is it Adam Holzman, Craig Blundell, Dave Kilminster and Nick Beggs? Ninet Tayeb guesting?

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    I'll be curious to read a review of the new show. Heard something about upping the visual element. Anyone know the band, is it Adam Holzman, Craig Blundell, Dave Kilminster and Nick Beggs? Ninet Tayeb guesting?
    Guitarist is Alex Hutchings, another player of clinician origins, like Blundell. He sounds pretty great in the clip here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._the_band.html

I'm a little concerned with the US Tour...there is an opening act listed for the Keswick....this might change the show to one set.

Was there an opener in Lisbon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    I'm a little concerned with the US Tour...there is an opening act listed for the Keswick....this might change the show to one set.
    o

Paul Draper, It looks like the Midwest gets Ninet

SPOILER ALERT RE SETLIST

Wow. Creator Has a Mastertape, Arriving Somewhere, Lazarus, Heartattack, Sleep Together, Even Less! That has to be the most PT tunes in one show he's done since PT stopped touring, and some gems I love at that! I bet all those dissin' on the new album who decided to blow off the tour might start having regrets when they see that setlist. Hope he does that many PT tunes in the States.

And if we in da Midwest get Ninet too, that is great news. I loved her singing with Steven in Chicago last tour. She is eye candy to hear and see!

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    o

Paul Draper, It looks like the Midwest gets Ninet

?? where did you see that the Midwest gets Ninet? The shows at the Vic in Chicago and Pabst in Milwaukee say Paul Draper. Damn, had my hopes up....

Regardless of my reservations about the latest album, he just isn't coming close enough for me to go see him this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    SPOILER ALERT RE SETLIST

Wow. Creator Has a Mastertape, Arriving Somewhere, Lazarus, Heartattack, Sleep Together, Even Less! That has to be the most PT tunes in one show he's done since PT stopped touring, and some gems I love at that! I bet all those dissin' on the new album who decided to blow off the tour might start having regrets when they see that setlist. Hope he does that many PT tunes in the States.
    It is nice to see this many PT tunes in the setlist. I'm a bit surprised that "Trains" didn't make the cut, considering it was one of his most popular PT songs. Of course, I'd be a happier camper if he'd dig more into pre-In Absentia material, but I get that this isn't the tour for that.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    It is nice to see this many PT tunes in the setlist. I'm a bit surprised that "Trains" didn't make the cut, considering it was one of his most popular PT songs. Of course, I'd be a happier camper if he'd dig more into pre-In Absentia material, but I get that this isn't the tour for that.
    I'm ok with no Trains, as that is one of the few he's done quite frequently on his solo tours. Also, as much as I like Lazarus, wouldn't mind him changing that one up which he plays quite often with something like A Smart Kid, Sever or better yet Deform to Form a Star from GFD, Cheating the Polygraph, Half-Light, or Drown with Me, all gems I'd like to hear more in concert.

I passed up a really good ticket. It'll be the first time he comes through Montreal on his last 6 tours (incl P Tree) that I will not be in attendance. The new album just didn't do it for me.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Wow....very cool setlist. Looking forward this one a lot.

Great setlist, though I have doubts some of the new guys can pull off the old guys stuff convincingly. It's a combo of the new album, which I think is awful, and some guys I'm not fans of playing the setlist that I don't regret to going to see him for the first time in almost 20 years.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Count me as thrilled that Steven is doing more PT songs than ever. I don't know why but I really like the new album so this is all a no brainer for me.

I'm probably going to pass this time around, but we'll see. Then again, maybe I will go and just sit at the bar during all the 'To The Bone' songs.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I really hope he adds Song Of Unborn by the time the show gets to London.

Second show in Madrid last night and I think the first with Ninet in attendance, both main sets were the same and just a change to the first encore number. For those interested:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/steve...-7bee96a8.html

Next show is Saturday in Barcelona.

Anyone have any specific up to date info on the dates that Ninet will be the opening act, to clear some confusion up from earlier in the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Progtastic View Post
    Second show in Madrid last night and I think the first with Ninet in attendance, both main sets were the same and just a change to the first encore number.
    Do you know if Ninet is singing any tunes during Wilson's set?

She sang on 4 songs according the info on setlist.fm.

Here is a review (in Spanish) of the Madrid show:

www.rafabasa.com/2018/02/02/cronica-y-fotos-de-steven-wilson-en-madrid/

i take liberty in assuming that the number of PORCUPiNE TREE songs performed are some sort of indication …

in regards to attending, i'm out. “raven” was the last thing from SW solo that moved me, apart from the 4.5 e.p. which i prefer over “h.c.e_” by a country mile. and that features a song by PT. see where i am heading with this?

^ Porcupine Tree is dead...long live Steven Wilson!

I saw him and the band yesterday in Zurich, what a great concert! All in all a bit too "heavy", for my taste, anyway. The new guitar player is excellent.
    Highlights for me were Regret No. 9, Ancestral, Refuge, Pariah and Song of I (both with great visuals!).

I could have done without "Creator" and "People who eat darkness", IMO easily the worst tracks on the respective albums.

The opening two songs lead you to believe you'll get a "lighter" concert, a more pop-oriented thing, but this was definitely not the case!