Thread: Fernando Perdomo - Out to Sea (Instrumental Prog Album)

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

Fernando Perdomo - Out to Sea (Instrumental Prog Album)

I didn't even know about this album - am pretty excited for this based on the one track that can be streamed now!

https://fernandoperdomo.bandcamp.com/album/out-to-sea

1. The Architect (Tribute to Peter Banks)
    2. Out to Sea
    3. De Boerdirij (Tribute to Focus)
    4. Roses Spread All Over the World
    5. The Future According to Roye (Tribute to Roye Albrighton and Nektar)
    6. The Dream
    7. Sonja (Tribute to Sonja Kristina and Curved Air)
    8. Dreaming In Stereo Suite

"Out to Sea" is the debut Instrumental Progressive Rock Album by Fernando Perdomo, guitarist and bassist of The Dave Kerzner Band. The album draws inspiration from classic 70s Art Rock albums by the likes of Steve Hackett, Peter Banks, Steve Howe, and Jan Akkerman. All instruments on the record, save one drum track, were played by Fernando Perdomo including Guitars, Keyboards, Bass, and Drums.

Acclaimed artist Paul Whitehead painted the cover image. Other covers by Whitehead include Trespass, Nursery Cryme, and Foxtrot by Genesis.

The album will be released on CD and Digital February 9, 2018.

All songs written by Fernando Perdomo
    All instruments by Fernando Perdomo
    Drums on "The Dream" by Eddie Zyne
    Produced and Engineered by Fernando Perdomo
    Mixed and Mastered by Zach Ziskin
    Fernando Perdomo is represented by Ann Rinaldi, ACR Management

ALSO NEW: Fernando Perdomo's very cool instrumental cover of Starless using something called a Gizmotron on his guitar (in memory of John and Fernando's mother). Proceeds go to cancer charity:

a1280649676_16.jpg

https://fernandoperdomo.bandcamp.com...r-john-and-mom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JKL2000; 01-31-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Funny the Bandcamp-page mentions the third track "De Boerdirij". It's "De Boerderij" of course, named after the famous prog-temple in Zoetermeer-The Netherlands.

The album-scan sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ALSO NEW: Fernando Perdomo's very cool instrumental cover of Starless using something called a Gizmotron on his guitar (in memory of John and Fernando's mother). Proceeds go to cancer charity:
    The Gizmotron was made famous by Godley & Creme on their triple-album Consequences.
    http://www.gizmotron.com/aboutus

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Funny the Bandcamp-page mentions the third track "De Boerdirij". It's "De Boerderij" of course, named after the famous prog-temple in Zoetermeer-The Netherlands.

The album-scan sounds nice.
    Thanks, I passed that spelling correction on to him - hopefully he has time to get it fixed by the printers.

Interesting. I have always enjoyed his work with Kerzner. May have to check this out.

Thanks mate, I will dig into this for sure. Not released yet but will enjoy the tease I am sure.!

Nice sample/tease. I love this sort of instrumental prog.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Got my CD in the mail yesterday. A really nice album, with some brief but fun liner notes, and dedicated to all the classic Prog artists who’ve passed recently.

sounds interesting
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

It's all well done, well composed but doesn't overstay its welcome. Also, in case anyone was wondering and didn't listen to the album on Bandcamp, real drums. Fernando is a true instrumentalist, and has does other album where he plays most of everything, and has livestreamed himself working on songs, recording drums, guitar parts, keyboards, composing, etc. The other albums of his that I've heard are pop, but with interesting sonics and for the most part interesting, catchy songs. And he's produced a ton of albums for other artists (Linda Perhacs new album, for one), and played on some of them.

This album is really, really good - very melodic and carefully crafted tunes and very well played. I have most of his poppy stuff, which is good, but this one really took me by surprise.

His pop stuff is a lot of fun, and well done.

Some of you might like this:

"you like the same kind of prog I like"

Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

This is definitely interesting to me. I first heard of him because of his Dreaming In Stereo and comparisons to Todd Rundgren. I remember liking it, but it has been a long time since I've heard any of his solo stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    "you like the same kind of prog I like"

I’m really liking this song, he has a knack for writing very simple lyrics that work and are clever.

I like the lines “I want a girl with a record collection, I want a girl with cool imperfections”

And “I found a girl who inspires me, I found a girl who desires me”

Simple but perfect rhymes I feel like I haven’t heard before (though they seem like Sinatra might have sung them too).

Just listened to Fernando’s album “Out to Sea 2” for the first time. It’s an excellent album. Fans of earlier Camel should not miss this album! Confident, tuneful instrumental Prog in the classic style.

Fernando is a shining star on the modern prog scene. He's more than just a prog guy too. Check him out backing up Jacob Dylan in that new documentary Echo In The Canyon too....

I think anything this guy touches is golden. Check out this beautiful little power pop gem -