Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44

Thread: Built for the Future Video/Update/Free single

  1. #26
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Hi PixelD! Nice to hear from you, thank you for inquiring....here is the latest:
    I have been super busy with my day job, so it's been a bit slow going...BUT

    the album is 90% mixed, I am finishing it soon(missing ALL of my stated deadlines, so not making any further lol).
    then it will be mastered by our mastering engineer, then done.
    Artwork is done by a masterful artist from Poland, Michal Klimzak...he is a glorious artist/photo guy.

    we have a few(3) labels we are going to discuss release with, determine that course...

    June 17 we are shooting a VIDEO for the lead off single ZENITH, this will be dropped on release day, hopefully get connected with PROG magazine again.

    the album is far more progressive, a bit darker, but still very melodic. Our guitar player, David Peña, who guested on the first album, has been upgraded to member for this album. His work on the album so defined it, and he was the only guitar addition we had, so this album its a trio full out. He has brought some great feel to the work, I am hopeful people will appreciate it.

    we are very high on Brave New World...its like our opus...its long...74mins...but I truly feel it flows well and never drags. WE SHALL SEE! lol.

    All three of us aim to be at Progstock...it would be great to have the album in hand by then as we meet/talk/hang out with other proggers.

    I will be sure to let you know as soon as we are done Pixel. You are a generous support, I appreciate you. I hope you like what we have done. :-)

    thanks for asking. it was nice seeing our thread on the feed this morning....peace!!
    Thanks to Pixel I was able to discover your wonderful music this morning. Was going to post in response but wife and I left to get to the beach early before the crowds and just got back awhile ago.
    I really enjoy Planet and it's 80's throwback influence, but listened to the 2 songs you've got posted on Bandcamp and have to say I really like the music and will most likely be getting the album when it's released.
    As I listened I couldn't help but notice a great maturity in the new music, arrangement and style. Also I can't tell you how many times I've liked a new band but then the vocalist starts singing and I'm out of there, many Progressive bands seem to suffer from lead vocals not rising to the level of superior musicanship in my opinion. But I love the vocals on this and Planet is excellent also.

    Keep up the good work, and as you toil about your day job, just remember there are people out here who really like and enjoy your creativity. Thank you for sharing your talent and artistic vision with us, looking forward to the new album.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comhttps://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  2. #27
    Thanks TOP CAT. Its appreciated. Kenny/lead vocals and I/backing Vox are fortunate that our voices blend very naturally. I love when that happens. you think Anderson and Squire, Gabriel and Collins, Orzabal and Smith...NOT that we are in their league...but they seem so naturally similar so they blend so well.

    I am very lucky that Kenny joined me in this project back in 15, he and I met back in the 80's when we both had bands out on the local circuit. so we have been friend for many years...but never worked on anything together. Now we are deep in to the B4tF world and hopefully we can continue to make albums until the sun don't shine.

    Kenny actually wrote the song Planet in the 80's, its always been in his catalogue, I just re-imagined it for B4tF. Trying to honor the spirit of its era.

    There is the debut album also on band camp..if you have interest in looking. Thanks again for your kind note.

    peace. --Patric




    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Thanks to Pixel I was able to discover your wonderful music this morning. Was going to post in response but wife and I left to get to the beach early before the crowds and just got back awhile ago.
    I really enjoy Planet and it's 80's throwback influence, but listened to the 2 songs you've got posted on Bandcamp and have to say I really like the music and will most likely be getting the album when it's released.
    As I listened I couldn't help but notice a great maturity in the new music, arrangement and style. Also I can't tell you how many times I've liked a new band but then the vocalist starts singing and I'm out of there, many Progressive bands seem to suffer from lead vocals not rising to the level of superior musicanship in my opinion. But I love the vocals on this and Planet is excellent also.

    Keep up the good work, and as you toil about your day job, just remember there are people out here who really like and enjoy your creativity. Thank you for sharing your talent and artistic vision with us, looking forward to the new album.

  3. #28
    Also in the B4tF news...Kenny is working on a SOLO album entitled: BROKEN WILDERNESS. Its coming along very nicely. I would say it is in the vein of Alan Parsons Project, Tears for Fears(of course), RPWL and Riversea.
    LOTS of vocals! the songs are very good. Kenny plays and sings everything himself. It is an emotionally reflective set of songs...I think he is doing a great job on it. And it really speaks to who Kenny is an an artist. the title track is one of the best things he has ever done!

    that should be out by the end of the year.

    peace. Patric

  4. #29
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    1,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Thanks TOP CAT. Its appreciated. Kenny/lead vocals and I/backing Vox are fortunate that our voices blend very naturally. I love when that happens. you think Anderson and Squire, Gabriel and Collins, Orzabal and Smith...NOT that we are in their league...but they seem so naturally similar so they blend so well.

    I am very lucky that Kenny joined me in this project back in 15, he and I met back in the 80's when we both had bands out on the local circuit. so we have been friend for many years...but never worked on anything together. Now we are deep in to the B4tF world and hopefully we can continue to make albums until the sun don't shine.

    Kenny actually wrote the song Planet in the 80's, its always been in his catalogue, I just re-imagined it for B4tF. Trying to honor the spirit of its era.

    There is the debut album also on band camp..if you have interest in looking. Thanks again for your kind note.

    peace. --Patric
    Thanks for sharing the background on how the two of you met. It's a special thing when 2 musicians can have that connection and continue once the initial newness has worn off. Kind of like girlfriends or other relationships. lol But you definitely have something special together, and it shows in your music.

    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Also in the B4tF news...Kenny is working on a SOLO album entitled: BROKEN WILDERNESS. Its coming along very nicely. I would say it is in the vein of Alan Parsons Project, Tears for Fears(of course), RPWL and Riversea.
    LOTS of vocals! the songs are very good. Kenny plays and sings everything himself. It is an emotionally reflective set of songs...I think he is doing a great job on it. And it really speaks to who Kenny is an an artist. the title track is one of the best things he has ever done!

    that should be out by the end of the year.

    peace. Patric
    I did check out some of the songs from the first album, and didn't feel the connection as I have with the newer material. That being said, I'll revisit it again and see if it was just my mood at the time.

    That's great news about Kenny's solo album, I'd be very interested in hearing it, so please keep us posted. Just make sure the release of the new B4tF album and his solo are spaced far enough apart.

    Keep up the positive attitude, this music thing can be frustrating at times when it seems no one is interested, but it looks like you've gotten good exposure and the material and performance are strong so it's just a matter of getting more people onboard.
    If you ever are feeling down or frustrated please feel free to message me here. I'm an old dog(71) who has lived through a lot and if anything I'm a good listener.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comhttps://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  5. #30
    thanks for taking the time TOPCAT. You sound like a wise Obi-wan of prog! Great thought on Kenny solo release date, he and are strategically planning that time gap.

    Rather than down, I always feel grateful for anyone to listen to/comment/respond to our music. As all of us know..this isn't a thing you do for the $! lol. We do it with hopes we reach ears and connect. And that has been the most fulfilling thing above all. PIXEL D is an example of what really makes us feel like we should continue to put our hearts in to the music.

    the album AND the new album are metaphorical, and relate to a personal experience that I have been and am going through in my life. So they have a significant emotional meaning, but we try to make the sci-fi metaphors as relatable as we can so others can apply the feelings to their own views.

    One day I will send you a private message and give you the inside scoop on the situation. it does make the lyrical impact more apparent.

    thanks again for taking time, I hope I am still jamming to prog at 71!!

    peace Top Cat, talk soon my friend.

    Patric

  6. #31
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    213
    Just thought I'd check in again... any updates on the album?

  7. #32
    I've heard some of the final mixes, sounding very nice so far. It's been awhile since I recorded the vocal tracks and passed them along to Patric, but hearing them in full context has been a real treat. For B4TF, I believe this album will be a game changer as far as quality songs and production. Release is eminent! Exciting.

  8. #33
    Pixel! thanks for checking in!
    Jetson is right, mixes are almost done. Then Mastering/CD duplication and the final stage would be deciding on a label(or not to)...working on that as well.

    Jet btw is Kenny, the vocalist for B4tF. He did some really great work on the album. AND he is almost done with his own solo album. So good things ahead.

    With the album release(soon), we have our new website, a new video and some promo videos that will all be released at the same time.

    thank you for your constant support.

    All of us will be at Progstock(as fans) this year, looking forward to it!!! Maybe I see some of the Prog Ears royalty up there. :-)

  9. #34
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    213
    Cool! Unfortunately I'm going to miss Progstock this year again. (Yeah, I know, it's only a 45 minute drive for me and I'm a terrible prog fan... although I will be seeing Flying Colors that weekend so that kind of makes up for it a bit.)

  10. #35
    awwww...this is my third year, 3 for 3. I really enjoy it.

    I will keep you posted on progress...we really are in the 9th and wrapping up mixing. its taking forever but I am very happy with the results..we shall see if anyone agrees! lol.

    take care...talk soon. Prog on.

  11. #36
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    213
    Status?

  12. #37
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    213
    From Facebook:

    May 10: The album is mastered. Done. Next is CD production.

    NEW WEBSITE coming soon as well.

    PRE-RELEASE INFO as well as a NEW SINGLE and VIDEO coming very soon.

    Timely. A Brave New World. Go figure...

    May 21: Might as well. LIMELIGHT. By Kenny/Patric/Joe D and Raul
    ODD TIME SIGNATURE THERAPY.


  13. #38
    PIXEL! Thank you for the note! Yes. here is the update:

    Album being printed right now. As soon as it is in our hands, we announce the PRE-RELEASE date, as well as release the first single and video for ZENITH. Our new website will debut then as well. The album will be available on our band camp exclusively. For download and CD(as long as they last).

    of course we are excited about the new album. it is much more adventurous than Chasing Light was, it is a continuation of the 'story' in which the traveller who LEFT the toxic world on CL is now on a NEW world in BNW. searching for his new HOME. Both albums are still metaphors for my personal life experiences these past few years. So the lyrics mean a lot to me emotionally.

    David/Guitars joins Kenny/Vocals and me this time around, and David adds lots of interesting guitar work. It really shaped the feel of the music. And as usual, Kenny just delivers the goods with his singing. So grateful to these two friends for being a part of this.

    I hope you like it. Fingers crossed. Much more progressive. But still focused on melody.

    As for the LIMELIGHT, that was our quarantine madness...the guitarist and drummer are part of our live crew....and Kenny and I are hamming it up for the fun of it all.
    we are doing SUBDIVISIONS right now...that is up soon.

    LAST NOTE: I am also wrapping up a mix of a song called THE HAPPENING for Marty/PROG DOC who posted a fun project to take FRIGHT PIG stems and have some mad fun with them...so I did. I totally wrote a whole song with it. I let it be about our current crisis(COVID/BIPARTISANISM/FEAR) and it turned out kind of cool. has a Pink Floyd kind of vibe going...he will have it soon.
    it features: Me, Kenny, Britt(another B4tF live guitar player), Pete(B4tF live keyboardist), J HIMM(vocal guest), Leo(fractal mirror, vocal and tron guest)....coming soon.

    thanks for the shout out. I REALLY HOPE YOU LIKE THE ALBUM. you are one I want to be sure to satisfy....fingers crossed..

    be safe. Peace.
    patric

  14. #39

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    45
    Purchased "Chasing Light" on Bandcamp and I am really loving it. As noted above so many Prog bands can't seem to do great vocals. You guys do! I love the melodies. I'm really looking forward to your album "Brave New World". "Chasing Light" is my favorite Prog/Crossover album in a heck of along time.

  16. #41
    YESTOR. thank you. The new one is being printed right now. Pre-release announcement very soon.

    I really appreciate your kind comments, and glad you are enjoying it. Lots of vocals on the new one too!! lol. the new one is more adventurous, more sci-fi, looking for a new home on a new world kinda thing....but we put our heart and soul in to it.

    thanks for the post.

    peace. be safe.




    Quote Originally Posted by Yestor View Post
    Purchased "Chasing Light" on Bandcamp and I am really loving it. As noted above so many Prog bands can't seem to do great vocals. You guys do! I love the melodies. I'm really looking forward to your album "Brave New World". "Chasing Light" is my favorite Prog/Crossover album in a heck of along time.

  17. #42

  18. #43

  19. #44
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    213
    The preorder is (finally) up!

    https://builtforthefuture1.bandcamp....rave-new-world

    The follow up album to Chasing Light. The life journey continues.

    The voyage of a traveller looking to find their way in to a new life, a new world, a new home. Dark, ambient, progressive.

    The traveller has departed the previous fallen world, and arrived at this new place. Now setting out to reach a new home in the form of the fabled city of the sun, which could represent many things to many people.

    Reflecting on time, the past, pain, hope and the distance across the landscapes.
    Wanting to believe its your world. Then believe that it is your world.
    That is the ultimate chanting conclusion to the story, make it yours.

    SPECIAL THANKS:

    As always I am grateful and in awe of my partner Kenny for the hard work and effort put in to the amazing vocals. Kenny is a true professional and validates the music with his distinctive voice.

    And this album we added David as a full member to fully integrate his energy and creativity beyond just an afterthought. Dave ran loose with his experimental approach to the guitar, and created the incredible otherworldly tone for the songs.

    Special thanks to our 'live' keyboardist Pete Fithian. He... more
    credits
    releases August 20, 2020

    Patric Farrell: Bass/Guitars/Keyboards/Drums-Programming/Vocals
    Kenny Bissett: Lead Vocals/Guitars/Keyboards
    David Peña: Guitars/Synths/Atmospheres

    Produced by Patric Farrell
    Mastered by Roland Perez
    Album artwork by Michal Klimpczak

    NEWSPEAK MUSIC 2020

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •