Thread: Plenty back from the dead, to release album

Plenty back from the dead, to release album

Those of you who have the Double Exposure album which was issued in 1987 by Steven Wilson et al, may remember a band called Plenty, which included Tim Bowness, and who made an appearance on the album. Much to my surprise, according to Discogs, they will be releasing their first album in late April. They did not release an album back in the 80s. Iirc, their sound was fairly similar to No Man Is An Island Except The Isle Of Man, but I don't know if this album is in that vein. However, most of the material is reworkings of that 80s material, so it may well be. It's being produced by our own Jacob Holm-Lupo (White Willow.)

https://www.discogs.com/Plenty-It-Co...master/1304758

I'm interested in whatever Tim Bowness does, so I'm curious about this.
    It must be a strange feeling for the people involved to release their first album 30 years after their band's initial career.

So am I interested in this.

Tim's last album, lost in the Ghostlight, was easily my most listened to album in recent years

Not expecting a similar reaction but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Those of you who have the Double Exposure album which was issued in 1987 by Steven Wilson et al, may remember a band called Plenty, which included Tim Bowness, and who made an appearance on the album. Much to my surprise, according to Discogs, they will be releasing their first album in late April. They did not release an album back in the 80s. Iirc, their sound was fairly similar to No Man Is An Island Except The Isle Of Man, but I don't know if this album is in that vein. However, most of the material is reworkings of that 80s material, so it may well be. It's being produced by our own Jacob Holm-Lupo (White Willow.)

https://www.discogs.com/Plenty-It-Co...master/1304758
    Burning Shed had this one in their latest email-news, but I hadn't noticed this one is being released by Karisma Records.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Don't think I was aware of the original compilation, but what a strange collection of bands. Did they have anything in common as far as labels, personnel, etc? Can't imagine that bands like Galadriel, Abel Ganz, and Egdon Heath did? Galadriel was on Musea I think, Egdon Heath on SI, Abel Ganz, maybe SI too but not sure. Hard to imagine Wislon like those three bands.

Anyway, interesting, and this new Plenty album should be interesting.

^ Double Exposure was the follow-up to the (also) Various Artists album Exposure. It was followed by Exposure 88, which dealt with Continental bands, and was not issued by Steven Wislon's crew. None of the artists on any of these albums were under contract to any label at the time of release, with the possible exception of Anthony Phillips. These albums may have been instrumental in getting some of the artists signed by the small labels you mention, I don't know.