Thread: BOOK: Mellotron: The Machine and the Musicians that Revolutionised Rock

BOOK: Mellotron: The Machine and the Musicians that Revolutionised Rock

Recently received this book, published in 2008 and written by Nick Awde. Almost 600 pages featuring interviews with Mike Pinder, Ian McDonald, Woolly Wolstenholme, Tony Clarke, David Cross, Tony Banks, Dave Cousins, Blue Weaver, John Wetton, Bill Bruford, John Hawken, Robert Kirby, Dave Gregory, Nick Magnus, Martin Orford, Roine Stolt, Jakko Jakszyk, and Greg Lake among others.

I've only read the Bruford chapter so far... which is worth the price of the book all by itself! Bill is humorous and insightful as usual. Looking forward to the other chapters. Amazon UK has it, but US people can buy it through Amazon US as an import. The prices (including shipping) are about the same.

Of all the names you listed...I don't see Rick Wakeman.....Was he interviewed for this book? (or is he clumped into the "among others")

Curious minds must know !!!
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Of all the names you listed...I don't see Rick Wakeman.....Was he interviewed for this book? (or is he clumped into the "among others")

Curious minds must know !!!
    He wasn't one of the key-keyboardplayers that were interviewed, but he's mentioned many times in the lovely book.
    Blue Weaver talks about how he had to follow up a virtuoso like Wakeman.
    Here's a link to the original publisher: http://deserthearts.com/index.php/pr...ock-nick-awde/