Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    It's a very long time until October.
    Most definitely. There's a chance that they'll be hot by then. (They started like this last year, then hit their stride.) And they will win the division. However, based on past production, it's not difficult for me to say that this team just doesn't have the hitting. The starters have to give up 2 runs or less for them to have a chance in the playoffs against the good teams. We're remarking that they're in first place with a .500 record. Check their record against teams who are above .500. It's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    It seems that David Price is being forced to deny that his carpal tunnel is related to his video gaming habit. Although, he plans to scale back.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I think it's just a matter of time that we see excessive video gaming clauses added to pitching contracts.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Devon Mesoraco is the catcher the Reds traded for Matt Harvey. Mesoraco is 0-20 in the last 20 games he has started behind the plate.

Yup. That's about right for the Metropolitans front office. Let's not forget the real reason they brought him to Flushing: he's a good man in the clubhouse. How much is a good man in the club house, no glove/no bat worth these days?

The story of his aquisition on the Mets' MLB page was full of mentions regarding his injuries, missing games due to injuries, sub-par batting & fielding issues due to injuries. Is this just what the Metropolitans have become or is this what all of the ball clubs are doing? Can you imagine what Cobb, Ruth, Wagner, Gehrig, Mantle, Gibson, Dimaggio, Musial, Mays would be making by the standards they set?
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

I'm sorry, but....

Brewers trailed Rockies in CO 9-3 after 4. Claw back and with 2 out in the top of the 9th and the score CO 10 MIL 8, Pina hits a 2 run shot to tie it up. Shaw singles in the go ahead run in the top of 10 and then the new golden boy and (almost) an all-star shoo-in Hader strikes out 2 of 3 to end it MIL 11 CO 10.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Lucky Man
    Sounds like you enjoyed a great game!

Weird how something as seemingly simple as baseball can provide so much joy.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'm sorry, but....
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Oh c'mon, pink bats?

Get ready for Armageddon kids! The Reds have won 6 in a row!!!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

So, I was thinking of getting tickets to see the Yankees in Cleveland, but five tickets would be more than 200 bucks without whatever fees they tack on. That's just too much money for baseball. They have 81 games a year and are squeezing people out by making it unaccessible to families. It's not that I can't afford it. The problem is that you just don't even know if your team is going to win. That would really suck to pay that money and watch them get whipped. The money would be better spent on the R&R HOF if I'm going to Cleveland.

So, I was thinking of getting tickets to see the Yankees in Cleveland, but five tickets would be more than 200 bucks without whatever fees they tack on. That's just too much money for baseball. They have 81 games a year and are squeezing people out by making it unaccessible to families. It's not that I can't afford it. The problem is that you just don't even know if your team is going to win. That would really suck to pay that money and watch them get whipped. The money would be better spent on the R&R HOF if I'm going to Cleveland.
    I haven't been in close to 10 years, but Bleacher seats were $10, and you could see everything except right in front of the wall. Might be worth looking into.

Freddy Peralta, 21 year old Brewers pitcher, struck out 13 Rockies in 6 innings, becoming only the 5th pitcher in MLB history to strike out 13 or more in their MLB debut (Strasburg was the last). Brewers did ultimately win.

What made it really special is that he didn't know until yesterday that he would be called up to the show to start, and his mom, dad and gf came to CO from the Dominican, and other family flew in from NYC to see him start in AAA Saturday in CO Springs, and instead saw him strike out LeMahieu, Blackmon & Arenado in order in the 1st to start the game.

I can't help it if all this sh** keeps happening!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I haven't been in close to 10 years, but Bleacher seats were $10, and you could see everything except right in front of the wall. Might be worth looking into.
    Lowest prices I saw were $21.00 for crappy seats. I'll look again.

Robinson Cano is going to be suspended 80 games for violating the league's drug policy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Darren Rovell reports that MLB confirmed Robinson Cano tested positive for Ferosemide, otherwise known as a “water pill.” Helps to flush body of liquid causing more urine, and for a drug test, a diluted sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Darren Rovell reports that MLB confirmed Robinson Cano tested positive for Ferosemide, otherwise known as a “water pill.” Helps to flush body of liquid causing more urine, and for a drug test, a diluted sample.
    Anybody who doesn't think that baseball players are still taking PEDs is nuts.

Cano was potentially on his way to the HOF. Now he's just a tainted PED guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    Anybody who doesn't think that baseball players are still taking PEDs is nuts.
    I don't know anyone who suggested such a thing. We are still seeing suspensions, aren't we?

Robinson Cano is going to be suspended 80 games for violating the league's drug policy.
    Such a dumbass. Too much talent to need more help.

Such a dumbass. Too much talent to need more help.
    You sound like the entire state of Wisconsin back when Braun got caught.

Cano, Francisco Cervelli and Melky Cabrera all worked closely with A-Rod during their Yankees days.

All have now been hit with PED suspensions.

Cano, Francisco Cervelli and Melky Cabrera all worked closely with A-Rod during their Yankees days.

All have now been hit with PED suspensions.
    I'm guessing that's more of a coincidence than anything.

I'm guessing that's more of a coincidence than anything.
    Sure. Believe what you want to believe.

I didn't say I believed it. I stated that I'm guessing it to be the case. I really don't know and neither do you. I'm certainly not defending these guys.