Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perfect Beings - Vier (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    My interest in the band stemmed from my love of the Moth Vellum LP.
    Yeah, that's another reason I bought this album, that and Johannes Luley's album "Tales From Sheepfather's Grove" which plays like a sequel to Olias Of Sunhillow.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

There may have been more interest in them if the OP had done this(Moth Vellum fans take note) in the header.

Just bought the 2-LP version from the keyboardist Jesse. What a wonderful album! I love this kind of laid-back, less structured Prog. The harmonies, textures and melodies are fantastic.
    For those of you complaining about the gaps on the download, well all I have to say: That’s what you get for listening on a stupid download! Physical media forever! Ha Ha

I always liked their modern take on prog. Too bad they did not become a bit more succesful.

I think I like all their albums equally. Vier is just as good as the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I always liked their modern take on prog. Too bad they did not become a bit more succesful.

I think I like all their albums equally. Vier is just as good as the first two.
    Yes, a great loss for Prog.
    I discovered them with Vier and really got into them. I thought Ryan Hurtgens was one of the best vocalists I'd heard in years. There's a warmth in his voice that I really like.
    Hopefully they'll get back together again when the time is right for them...
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

(I enjoy the Perfect Beings records, but I love that Moth Vellum record.)
    "Why is it when these great Prog guys get together, they always want to make a Journey album?"
    - fiberman, 7/5/2015

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    (I enjoy the Perfect Beings records, but I love that Moth Vellum record.)
    Same here.

Banned
    Very good to great stuff to be heard on Vier. I don't have their two earlier releases, but I would like to get them.

The second part of this CD is surprisingly good, from a Prog standpoint. Highly recommended CD, overall.

They're running an early Black Friday sale, so now would probably be a good time to purchase. No physical media on Bandcamp, but here: https://johannesluley.com/

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They're running an early Black Friday sale, so now would probably be a good time to purchase. No physical media on Bandcamp, but here: https://johannesluley.com/
    I don’t see any sale prices.

Quote Originally Posted by yesstiles View Post
    I don’t see any sale prices.
    Hmm...Now I'm wondering where I saw the Early Black Friday sale in large letters...So $10 is the regular price? Are they CDRs?

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Hmm...Now I'm wondering where I saw the Early Black Friday sale in large letters...So $10 is the regular price? Are they CDRs?
    I don’t believe so. I think there’s just an overstock. I need to get his latest solo album. That is $15, but if there’s a sale coming up I can wait.