Thread: Roku , anyone have it?

Roku , anyone have it?

If you do , do you like it? In their free stuff, does that include regular broadcast TV?
    Cablevision and I didn't see eye to eye and I cancelled their video and phone, but kept the internet with 100 mbps. Is that fast enough? The wife is really pissed , no Jeopardy tonight.

I have a Roku. There's tons of free stuff as well as tons of paid stuff.
    But no there is no broadcast tv.
    It is an internet streaming device. There are channels for ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, but it is not Live TV.
    You could also subscribe to Hulu for you tv viewing needs, but again, it is not live tv.
    There's also Tubi TV or Crackle as free options, but again, not live tv
    https://tubitv.com/home
    https://www.crackle.com/
    That or an antenna for local tv.
    Your best bet for live tv would be a subscription to Sling TV. Ala Carte subscriptions start at $20. Way cheaper than cable, and you can pick the channel package you like best.
    https://www.sling.com/
    All that being said, I LOVE my Roku, and think everyone needs one.
    Last edited by MrXindeed; 01-17-2018 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added links

I agree with MrXindeed. If you live near (within about 30 miles to a large city) you can get a flat antenna and pick up all the major channels along with PBS. I live out in the country and still get most of the major channels, but not PBS, which I can get one or two thru Roku. They have a bunch of free content. I like Pluto TV too. There might be small adjustments here and there, but for the price it's pretty good. I just got the stick version of it.

I am by no means an expert. Just bought a vacation condo in Cape May and didn't want to pay Comcast a full TV service.

For live TV, I subscribed to YouTubeTV, which is different from Youtube. It worked pretty well last weekend.

I have Roku but it wasn't streaming TV. YouTubeTV allowed us to watch the NFL playoffs last weekend.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I'm planning to cancel our cable soon, just keep the wifi and phone, and probably get Sling TV. But the really nice thing about Roku (which is very cheap) is this: when we went to ProgDay, we brought our Roku with us, and we were able to connect it to the hotel TV and WiFi and watch Netflix, movies on Amazon Prime and ones we'd purchased, etc. Well, my wife was while I was out at the pool!