Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marillion - Brave 5-disc Steven Wilson remix box out soon

Question (for anyone in the know): Will the Wilson remix be available via stand alone vinyl as they did with the misplaced childhood reissue?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Question (for anyone in the know): Will the Wilson remix be available via stand alone vinyl as they did with the misplaced childhood reissue?
    I just asked Lucy Jordache for you since she takes question on FB most Fridays. Will let you know.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Score2112 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just asked Lucy Jordache for you since she takes question on FB most Fridays. Will let you know.
    Here's her answer:

"Yes later this year."

So, good news!

Hmm.... First, the Misplaced Childhood reissue was a remaster, not a remix (except the 5.1). I didn't realize the remastered version was released on vinyl separately from the vinyl box that included the live concert. Interesting to know they plan to do that with Brave, which is a remix, as well. I ordered the 5 LP vinyl box, so I'm all set.

Here's her answer:

"Yes later this year."

So, good news!
    Excellent! Think I’ll wait for that. The deluxe vinyl is a bit steep. Thanks again!

For anyone who didn't know... Script, Fugazi, Clutching, Seasons, Holidays and Afraid Of Sunlight will all be getting this treatment over the next couple of years.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    4 of 6 are auto-buys for me. I don't listen to "Script" and "Fugazi" very much.
    Chad

All autobuys!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    For anyone who didn't know... Script, Fugazi, Clutching, Seasons, Holidays and Afraid Of Sunlight will all be getting this treatment over the next couple of years.
    That's fantastic news. I really hope the live material on 'Seasons End' and 'Holidays In Eden' is previously unreleased. However, I have a hunch that the live stuff on 'HiE' will be either the (brilliant) Lausanne show (previously released as Front Row Club 007) or the Hammersmith show that's partially released on 'Made Again'. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    4 of 6 are auto-buys for me. I don't listen to "Script" and "Fugazi" very much.

Same here

I don't listen to them much, but would still be interested in box sets, especially if they've unearthed some live treasures.

Somebody asked Lucy Jordache if they knew who would be remixing the future Marillion deluxe reissues, and this was her answer:

"Steve Wilson is doing Clutching and we are considering our options on 5.1 for the other releases - we may not even do 5.1 for the remaining albums."

Also, someone asked why the Brave film isn't on the deluxe edition and this was her answer:

"Not enough room on the blu-ray, expensive rights, band hate it - take your pick"

IMO we need a 5.1 of Script. I want to be INSIDE that jester's tear!

This made me laugh out loud in real life.

And cool news regarding Steven Wilson doing the deluxe Clutching At Straws. That's still my favorite Fish-era Marillion disc, by a country mile. Would love to hear it in 5.1.

If there's not going to be 5.1 I have no reason to buy! Good for my shelf-space that has already much too much Marillion-items in it!
    Looking forwards to CaS and Brave in 5.1.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    If I had to pick one, I'd take a 5.1 mix of "Afraid of Sunlight." After that, Seasons and HIE.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    If I had to pick one, I'd take a 5.1 mix of "Afraid of Sunlight." After that, Seasons and HIE.
    +1 on an AoS surround mix.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I can't see how Wilson would do a 5.1 of Brave and then not do Afraid of Sunlight.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I can't see how Wilson would do a 5.1 of Brave and then not do Afraid of Sunlight.
    Me neither, but it may just be down to scheduling or availability. Would love to hear AoS in 5.1.

Somebody asked Lucy Jordache if they knew who would be remixing the future Marillion deluxe reissues, and this was her answer:

"Steve Wilson is doing Clutching and we are considering our options on 5.1 for the other releases - we may not even do 5.1 for the remaining albums."

Also, someone asked why the Brave film isn't on the deluxe edition and this was her answer:

"Not enough room on the blu-ray, expensive rights, band hate it - take your pick"

YES! Hopefully there's a stereo remix too.

Well, that sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Well, that sounds great.
    Yeah -- very nice! The word I'd use is "immersive", which is sort of what SW does.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I told myself I probably wouldn't - or I'd at least wait until later - but I've ordered the 'Brave' box... I'm so weak!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Auto-buy. Don't care who doesn't like it, I'll buy their copy too.

http://www.realgonerocks.com/2018/01...x-due-shortly/

Feel free to buy one for me then. Pass. I eagerly await whatever comes next.