Thread: New Ian Mosley Interview

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Cool. Do you know how this happened? Did the guy just happen to write for Huffington Post AND be a Marillion fan? Or is it sort of like anyone can get stuff publised by Huffington Post? I sometimes wonder how legitimate they are as a news site despite liking their overall liberal angle. Plus they've done some funny stuff, like when two employees tried to see who could subsist longer only on vending machine food.

These days the kind of people allowed to contribute to sites like HuffPo has widened considerably compared to places like the NYT or WSJ. The guy who did the interview is a published author and speaker, but if you look at his bio you'll see he's not a music journo. But because he's a "name" he gets to indulge his fanboy tendencies from time to time. It's not much different than Dave Weigel writing a book on Prog. I guess it's just safer now for these guys to come out of the "prog fan" closet.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Actually, I just noticed this note on the page:

"This post is hosted on the Huffington Post's Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and post freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email."

Not sure how selective this is or isn't, but I guess they were looking to get lots of blog content and such. Anyway, I wasn't questioning the guy's abilities or cred or anything, just wondering how Marillion made it onto Huffington Post without any explanation of who Marillion is, that they're a Scottish metal band, that their singer is Fish, etc.

on first glance i read “simon philipps interviews ian mosley” )

This isn't the first time that Phil Simon has interviewed a member of Marillion for the Huffington Post. He interviewed Mark Kelly right after the release of F.E.A.R. as well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-..._12390886.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    This isn't the first time that Phil Simon has interviewed a member of Marillion for the Huffington Post. He interviewed Mark Kelly right after the release of F.E.A.R. as well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/phil-..._12390886.html

haha, two blokes, obviously separated at birth hehe …