Thread: Simon Phillips/Protocol 4

Simon Phillips/Protocol 4

Theres a reason this guy is one of the most respected drummers the planet. This new album is blazing. The drumming is as usual spectacular. Great synth work, and Ernest Tibbs is amazing. I love Timmons on his other albums, but Howe, who I don't recall ever hearing before now, brings a different kind of edge and feel to the band. I think its the best Protocol albums of the four.
    Well worth checking it out!

The other good news is that his cancelled shows from December are being rescheduled. They'll be at Yoshi's in the Bay Area on Thurs, Feb 8th.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    The other good news is that his cancelled shows from December are being rescheduled. They'll be at Yoshi's in the Bay Area on Thurs, Feb 8th.
    I'll be there as well! The album is terrific. I've wanted to see Greg Howe play for a long time. Ernest Tibbs, Otmaro Ruiz. It will be tremendous! Everyone needs to own this album.
    There is an excellent, long show from Germany recorded in November on Dime. Ha Cha!

It's my favorite album of 2017.

a friend got me this album but I haven't had a chance yo play it yet...

will fix soon!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I'll be there as well! The album is terrific. I've wanted to see Greg Howe play for a long time. Ernest Tibbs, Otmaro Ruiz. It will be tremendous! Everyone needs to own this album.
    There is an excellent, long show from Germany recorded in November on Dime. Ha Cha!
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    It's my favorite album of 2017.
    I bought it based on these posts!

Bought the 2ed and 3ed Protocol releases because of the Andy Timmons connection. Also saw the tour in 2014 which was one of the highlights of the year for. I absolutely love the new cd. Had tickets for this tour in Detroit which got cancelled. Going to both rescheduled shows ( 7 PM and 9PM ) the day before my friend and fly down to Cruise to the Egde. This might be the best act I see all week lol.