Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham's Solo Career

Lindsey Buckingham Suffers Vocal Cord Damage From Emergency Surgery

Former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham underwent emergency open heart surgery last week and is now recuperating at his home. “Each day he is stronger than the last,” his wife Kristen Buckingham wrote in a statement. “While he and his heart are doing well, the surgery resulted in vocal cord damage. While it is unclear if the damage is permanent, we are hopeful it is not.”

“This past year has been a very stressful and difficult year for our family to say the least,” Kristen Buckingham wrote. “But despite all of this, our gratitude for life trumps all obstacles we have faced at this moment. We feel so fortunate that he’s alive. As does he. He looks forward to recovery and putting this behind him. Needless to say, all touring and shows currently schedule have been put on pause for the moment as he gathers the strength to heal completely.”
    Read the complete statement from Kristen Buckingham in above link

I saw this on Facebook. Really sucks. Lindsey always appeared so healthy too.

Scary stuff. Hope he recovers fully.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Wishing Lindsey a speedy and full recovery.

Saw a picture of him in the hospital with his wife standing next to him. Looked painful. Hope he recovers from his surgery fast. Saw him in phila early 90s at the TLA on south street. Awesome

Terrifying. Here's to a speedy and COMPLETE recovery.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

https://www.lindseybuckingham.com/

My new self-titled album is one I’ve been intending to get out for a couple of years now, but on more than one occasion, unforeseen circumstances necessitated a postponement of plans. Now that we’re back in gear, I’m thrilled to finally be sharing this new music with my listeners!
    “I Don’t Mind,” the first single off the new self-titled album, out 9/17, is available now.
    Listen and pre-order here: https://rhino.lnk.to/LB2021AW.
    Tickets for the 2021 solo tour are on sale this Friday from 10am local at LindseyBuckingham.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I don't have any of Lindsey's solo albums, but I really, really like the Buckingham/McVie album. I was always a casual FM fan, and have never seen them live - no idea why, as I like everything I've heard from them. But I didn't see Lindsey and Christine this past summer and they were fantastic.

Gruno has urged me in the past to explore further, so it sounds like I need to pick up Go Insane and Out of the Cradle.
    Lindsey is a genius, for sure. All of his solo stuff is astounding. As for his guitar playing - good lord, man. he is a monster player on acoustic and electric.

Not to mention a great producer himself.

I like the Buckinghanm/McVie a lot. It's far darker than it seems also, which i love most about it. He is always interesting. The opening track alone is worth the price.

I'm just sleeping around the corner....

Excellent.
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

“On the Wrong Side” is about the peaks and valleys of life on the road with Fleetwood Mac, and sports one of the album’s most thought-provoking lyric: “We were young, now we’re old / Who can tell me which is worse?” The song evokes “Go Your Own Way,” in that it’s not a happy song, subject-matter wise, but it was an ebullient song musically. This was sort of the same idea.

The second single “On the Wrong Side” off my upcoming album is available to listen to now on all streaming services. Stay tuned for the full album set to release on September 17.

I have tickets to see him September 4. He always puts on a great show.

Some great guitar work at the end, unfortunately faded out, as usual.

Definitely picking this one up.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Some great guitar work at the end, unfortunately faded out, as usual.

Definitely picking this one up.
    Yeah, that was my comment. The best part is the solo, but it fades away!!

Always an auto-buy for me.

A bit too familiar sounding. Good, but a bit of the same. Those backing Stevie-style vocals do sound nice.

His tour starts tonight. We are seeing him Saturday in New Buffalo Michigan.

I won't post it to avoid spoilers, but the set list from Lindsey's first post pandemic show is now up on Setlist FM. Looks like a nice mix of solo classics, Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham / McVie and a good chunk off of the new album. Really looking forward to this Saturday night.

Interesting article about Lindsey from the NYTimes

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/08/a...uckingham.html
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

New release arrived Sunday morning and I popped it into the CD player for a casual listen. I ended up sitting, without movement, for 30+ minutes while the CD played. Pleasantly surprised by this new Buckingham CD. Hearing the singles didn't do much for me. Hearing the body of work as a whole was where I gathered its greatness. Disappointed by the packaging, but the music is what matters most.

Anyone catch the guest spot the Buck had on SNL?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Anyone catch the guest spot the Buck had on SNL?

I have the show DVR'd, but have not had the chance to watch it yet.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Just before the commercial break they flashed, for a microsecond, a still of Admiral Halsey and someone standing next to her, and I said, "That's Lindsey Buckingham." Motivation to stay awake thru the ads for the performance that would follow.

news:

Due to unforeseen circumstances and out of an abundance of caution, we’re forced to cancel the remaining shows on Lindsey’s current North American tour due to members of the touring party testing positive for Covid. All tickets will be refunded. We hope Lindsey will be back in Town soon!

Well that sucks.

Brett Tuggle, Fleetwood Mac and David Lee Roth Band Keyboardist, Dead at 70

Brett Tuggle, a journeyman keyboardist who logged two decades in Fleetwood Mac during their reunion era and also served as a founding member of the David Lee Roth Band in the Eighties, died June 19 from complications related to cancer. He was 70.

Tuggle’s son Matt confirmed his death to Rolling Stone. “He was loved by his family so much,” Matt says. “His family was with him throughout the entire time of his illness. He was a lovely father. He gave me music in my life.”

He was also in Lindsey's solo band for many tours.