Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glass Hammer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Christian music, particularly hymns, runs as a deep influence in many of the original UK prog bands. Think Squire as an ex-choirboy, ELP doing "Jerusalem".

Henry
    It's been told before, but mine and Fred's musical careers began as church musicians. He was the organist for a church and I was a church pianist - both from around the age of 12 if memory serves. And I've always loved ELP - Jerusalem and would love to do an album of tracks like that one! I doubt we ever will - so many other ideas floating around we'd never get to it.
    Steve

As did Mr. Christopher Squire, at least as a chorister in the Church of England. Steve, did you think of remaining keyboard focused as you got older before deciding to get serious about playing the bass guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by abhorsen View Post
    As did Mr. Christopher Squire, at least as a chorister in the Church of England. Steve, did you think of remaining keyboard focused as you got older before deciding to get serious about playing the bass guitar?
    Geddy Lee was a huge inspiration, so I opted for bassist/keyboardist about the time I turned 17. Though I still write mostly on keys and love doodling with electronic music. I have no interest in being a live keyboardist though - not my thing. Love that bass!

Excellent! I appreciate the reply! I'm imagining a collaboration between Steve Babb and Steve Roach, veteran of electronic soundworlds!